Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there.

For quite some time now I have been dabbling with personality theory and so on. But it has come to the point where it has almost gone full circle (as in almost every type).

Some Background info:

• I'm 17 years old.
  • I have been since a early age been diagnosed, with a very mild form of Asperger.
  • Since I've been around 14/15 years old I've struggled with depression and some minor social anxiety (though most of it is gone)
  • I'm a immigrant in the country i currently live in, i can speak the language fluently and i look much like the natives, but there has been a slight cultural barrier for me. (Could have an effect on sociability and regarding E/I dictamony)
  • Have had a period where I experimentet with weed, which in turn made me go more inside my head then I was previously.
I started reading about personality theories in a rather stressful period of my life. My girlfriend left without any real explanation, and I was living in a boarding school (sadly on the same as hers). The first time around i typed myself (with the help of the test and alot of reading) as an INTP, though i think that was more from the rather emotional time i was in, dealing with depression, rejection, and social anxiety.

Lending from Herp's type form:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I've typed myself in a cronological order as: INTP, INTJ, INFP, INFJ, ESTP, ISTP, ISFP, ESFP, and now what i believe what i am (though its always interesting with an outside perspective) ENTJ
The INTP in the start on seemed close enough, though they seem way to closed of in their own world. The same i felt of INTJ, INFJ and INFP. The ESTP seemed right for the most part until i was in a social event with someone who was definitely an ESTP. He was much more in the moment, he kept socially poking (if you could say that) to people, and he was much more energetic then I was at the moment. That made me believe I was an ISTP, but they seem much to rash to be as what i behave as. ISFP's, ESFP's and INFJ's were much to emotional, and people focused then what i bothered being (which I took as a sign of a low Fi/Fe). In retrospect, when I was really down i acted much like an unhealthy ISFP (emotional, loner tendencies, and over-attachment to people), which in turn recently led me to believe I am a ENTJ, acting in shadow mode.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

For the most part i earn to be succesful and not waste my time as i have done. I wish to start a business, to build myself up so im the strongest i can be, both mentally and physically, and to build up meaningful social relationships, which i very much achieved on the boarding school.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

The times ive often felt on my finest, is when i've been working hard on a project, and it succeeds with brilliance. As when we got assigned a rather daunting task of writing what we wanted to be. I planned out what i would write about, used all my time (and free-time) to make it as perfect as possible, I got a bit stressed out by the paper but found the discipline to continue. And when we got our grades back for the paper, i scored as the best on the whole school.
Other times i've felt really good have been in a sort of emotional rush i get from a time and another, where im really gushy, with friends, and everything is just so fine, that I just sit around smiling. such behaviour reminiscents me of Fi use.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

When I look at people who are very much in control with their feelings. People who can express their emotions in a fashion that draws others to them, those that do not feel handicapped in a emotional environment, or social situations. As well when I fail to live up to the goals, I set up for myself.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I often set up a internal pros and cons list where i weigh up what i could possibly gain, and what i could possibly lose. Afterwards comes the consideration of how it will effect people close to me (if its a decision involving people), but as a rule I rarely consider such.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Why would I work on a project, that I do not have the control of? Seems like a waste of time and resources.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

My memory of it is rather hazy, but it was probably around friends, and we were going around chilling (and if i was leading, probably even better)

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I tend to look at what the thing im learning about is used in. Like where could i apply a theory and if it would be useful for such. So i tend to theorize alot. If it further helps i abhor people memorizing material, it shows a lack of understanding, and general intelligence.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I tend to want to be in control of things I organise. If two events are planned on the same time, i will try to persuade the people of one of the events to change date, that is if its small enough that i deem it worthwhile trying. If not I will have to choose, which event i would gain more from.
When im working on a project nothing can be left to chance, i think about what i need, and where i want to go, and i stick to it. If chances arrive im generally well equipped to deal with it.
If its a question asked how tidy my desk is, it is a mess, but an organised one. :tongue:

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Well some things make sense but dont really work anyway. So evidence for it working in real life, is much more an indicator of its merit then internal theorizing.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I think more of the second option. Though if I see a friend who is down, I will normally do everything in my might, to lead them to the right way.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I prefer thinking while i speak when I am with other people, else it goes to slowly. And if i just keep thinking i tend to get a bit stuck thinking the same thoughts again and again. Though there is normally a filter inside my head that stops me from being a total moron.
I prefer one-on-one conversations since i dont really bother with group discussion, since its just a competition for who can say the most instead, of what is being said.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Don't jump before you look. Gather as much as you can, but when you have everything you need go do it. Recklessness is foolish, but over-thinking accomplishes nothing.
Actions speak much louder then words. If you say that your intentions are clear, but you end up dissapointing me anyway, you are out, since you are obviously incompetent.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Party with my friends, i gain nothing by staying at home and being bored. Besides, I can watch the episode later online.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

When i'm really stressed out i tend to go into a over-emotional, sad, lonely type of state where i binge on stuff alone, and where i fail to act on my ambitions and wishes.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I dislike people who try to control me, say what i must do without providing basis. I also abhor attention-whorish behavior (generally Fe-Si doms). Had a room-mate who i believe is an ESFJ. We were always arguing, mostly because he expects me to lie to him, or soften up how i say things
Example: A friend of his asks him on a scale of 1 to 10, how smart he believes himself to be. He answers 9, which in turn makes me makes me blurt out a laughter. He is obviously appalled by my behavior, but saves it for later. It gets mentioned sometimes later where he asks me if i think he is stupid. And i answer yes, i think he is an idiot. This then makes him very angry, but instead of acting on his anger out on me he storms out of the room. I dont really care about it since that's how I think of him.

Some of these things can make me sound very cold, but with the right people (and sometimes strangers) i can act very gregarious, warm, and caring. I'm not afraid to approach strangers, and ask them about something, heck, i do that as social stretching.

When I was younger (age 7-9) I was very shy, and afraid, but I think that was more because of being with abusive adults, divorced parents, and living with my ISFJ mom. I was afraid of a lot of things. Today i am not afraid of things, i can pick up insects with my hand, climb trees, and play sports. A couple of days ago some neo-nazi threatened to beat the shit out of me, but I was not intimidated by him, and simply talked my way out of it.

Before the depression began i was very outgoing, and generally didn't give a shit. But i dident really feel fulfilled, in a class full of people i hate, so i slowly began falling down. I took on 50 kilos from binge eating, masturbated many times a day, and didn't want to talk or meet people.
Later on I took on a decision to stop that, so in the matter of months i lost the excess weight, stopped masturbating completely, And now I'm in the best shape, and state of mind I've been in my whole life.

I hope this can make some of you fine folks on this forum give me an idea of what I am, since I am getting tired of internalizing it. :kitteh:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Some hobbies that maybe could help you form an opinion:
  • History has been in the last couple of months a huge interest.
  • I like to exercise, either alone or play a team sport
  • I started out a couple of years ago to get into LARPing, though now I think its a playground for histrionic personalities.
  • Instead of LARPing I've gotten into dark age/medieval re-enactment
  • I love playing chess, not so much against a computer since i tend to be more rash when there is no real competition.
  • Grand-strategy games like Civilization, The Total War series, and Crusader Kings are among my favorites
  • I also like Dwarf fortress since it lets me carve out the world in my picture, and control everything that happens.
  • I like math, though I tend to do small mistakes that makes the whole piece go wrong, mostly from my wish to just get it done as quickly as possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts