Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do other Infj's have the ability to help others sleep? haha i mean maybe i am just really boring and it isnt a talent at all but I've noticed that when people are having trouble sleeping and I'm either vidchatting or on the phone with someone, I can "lull" them to sleep so to speak.

Any other INFJ's experience this?

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Do other Infj's have the ability to help others sleep? haha i mean maybe i am just really boring and it isnt a talent at all but I've noticed that when people are having trouble sleeping and I'm either vidchatting or on the phone with someone, I can "lull" them to sleep so to speak.

Any other INFJ's experience this?
Haha, I have the same ability too. Maybe we're just a boring type, eh? :tongue:

On a serious note though, people always tell me that I have a soothing voice or a soothing effect on them. I've even had people call me to say they just wanted to hear my voice before going to bed because it helps them sleep? :confused: I've also had people say that my presence makes them feel peace. Its interesting that you have a similar experience. I wonder if other INFJ's share this.

Reactions: Miasmatic Domino

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Can't say that I have ever received this comment from someone else. I guess I am just far too interesting to make someone sleepy. :wink:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Guy I used to work with called me an "energy vampire", whatever that means. The only time I would be really active and energetic at work is when everyone else fell asleep. :)
I know sleeping at work, buh... but it wasn't a desk type job, and it was at night, so sleeping wasn't unusual.

As far as having the ability to put people to sleep, no one has even mentioned anything to me about it. I put myself to sleep, maybe. :p

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Usually happens when I try to explain the plot to my zombie comic

Apparently it's a bit "lengthy"

It only takes a half hour to explain fully... Like, come on people > <

·
Registered
49 Posts
I never thought of it as an ability to make people go to sleep, but I have been told that my presence and voice has a very soothing effect on people.

When I was in high school I was a youth camp leader at a girls summer camp. my first year as a YCL, I was given the task of telling bedtime stories to the younger girls to help them adjust to being away from home for the first time. Apparently I was successful in comforting them, because every summer I went back there, I was bombarded with requests from the younger girls to come tell them stories, and sing to them before they went to sleep each night. My last year there, more than half the campsite turned up for my stories, packing the first year cabin full.

maybe it really does have something to do with the personality type

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I can do it too. My friend literally FELL OVER ON THE GROUND because my voice was sooo soothing and stuff when I was trying to comfort them. I eventually had to wake them up and they were like "wha?????"

ghostwriter: I love your story!XD

I can lullaby my dogs, lizards, and guinea pig to sleep.

for crying out loud, I was playing when I was little and carrying crabs in my hands at the beach, I was trying to get them to stop pinching me.

I ended up lulling them to sleep!! CRABS!!!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
My 'presence' gives people goosebumps rather than putting them to sleep

Haha, maybe I am the Sith of the INFJ... ;)

·
Registered
473 Posts
I can do this to babies. Not sure about adults. Oh yeah, I did once help my sister in law to sleep when she was in a lot of pain. Massage, reflexology and Kava. So I wasn't just my presence!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts