Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part 3: Restating the Stated
As I have told you that it is very possible that you can be a Knight of Faith and Ethical at the same time. The Ethical is only suspended momentarily, and not permanently, so this “incident” does not remove the Ethical from the Knight of Faith, only so far as he does not continue to be given superseding incidents beyond that to encompass the rest of his natural life. Abraham was forced by word of God to sacrifice his son Isaac; he was given a trial by fire, a test of his faith and a test that perhaps he is not as Ethical as once believed. He must use his leap of faith that God will pull through for him, either by providing another son, a lamb, or something else to appease this test. Though for a moment the Ethical, and rational gives way to the irrational and absurd as the circumstances Abraham finds himself in, have given him a reason to go beyond his natural, rational state, his feelings and belief in his faith, see him through his divine trial and at the other side, he is knighted in his faith. So if God tells you that you should do something, think twice before doing it and be a Knight of Resignation, or go directly into the situation with your leap of faith, and become a Knight of Faith. Either way, you have the choice, and will have to deal with the repercussions, whatever they may be. And thus we leave Abraham and his sacrifice of Isaac behind. And the absurdities of this incident gives only slight clarification of why you must approach it with fear and trembling as well as holding the hand of your faith while leaping the chasm. So leap before you look, and you shall see if your faith is justly rewarded.

Works Cited​
Dykes, B.M. "Who are the Christian militia 'Hutaree' and why was the FBI targeting them?." Yahoo News.
Yahoo News, 29 Mar 2010. Web. 30 Mar 2010.
Hong, E.H. (Ed.), and H.V. Hong(Ed.). The Essential Kierkegaard. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2000.
93-102. Print.
International Bible Society, . The Holy Bible, New International Version. Colorado Springs, CO:
International Bible Society, 1984. 14-15. Print.

*note: I apologize for having to put this in 3 parts, but...the word count was about 2x what is allowed for a typical post, unfortunately. I just figured this would be good to let people Know I am philosophically inclined and not a complete idiot*

·
Banned
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish they'd allow it to all be one, but thanks for the commented thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts