Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
ENTP 648 tritype The Truth Teller so~sx
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I used to think I'm introspective but I have concluded I am not even nearly as aware of myself as I thought. However, I have gained more self-awareness lately and am now extremely curious about how others see me. I know many people here know what tritype I have been thinking but I'm not so sure about my heart fix, subtypes and cognitive functions so just say whatever comes to your mind. I'm delighted to hear your honest opinion about my types based on this and based on other issues you know about me.

Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

Anything I become enthusiastic and curious about. Intellectual stuff. Conspicious issues. A chance to make a scene, find, express and share intensity, be admired, be entertained and amused, start a discussion, shake and reshape things, do something jaw-dropping. Do something that matters, something that makes me feel good about myself. Connecting with certain people. Taking care of others.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

Something exciting, something meaningful, something admirable, something creative. Mastery, I do not want to be only promising but a professional, I want to accomplish too.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?

Deadlocks, getting old and notice nothing happens. I want to be a free spirit but get frustrated when I'm not. Being independent is important, I want my freedom. And yet, I want to be admired, I try to avoid it but there it is anyway. I do not want to be a boring, meaningless nobody or a simpleton.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

End up doing something I cannot tolerate, being forced to do something and find no way out of it. (Argh!) I know that at times I'm awful at adapting but I am afraid of being chained. I am afraid of the emotions that would provoke in me, I am afraid of frustration and depression and I do not want to be weak (and yet I feel weak at times).

I guess I'm mostly afraid of getting paralysed (literally or figuratively) and not being able to do things I want to do, being over a barrel.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

Witty, even impertinent, enthusiastic. And I can be like that. But I can be many other things too. I can be sweet and kind, childish or child-like, feel like others aren't sharing my energy levels or wave lengths, find either myself or others very stupid, long for attention and admiration, be clingy and somewhat shy. I can change myself based on the company I'm having, I can relate to many people. But all that has to happen on my own terms. If I'm forced too much or if I find something stupid, I'm not doing it.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

Best. Recently, what has made me feel my best was the moment when I was not encouraged to do something potentially a little dangerous, hesitated for a while by myself, made the other frustrated and got annoyed due to the feedback I got, did the thing and succeeded in it. It was an absolutely amazing feeling. Also, lately I have gained a lot more assertiveness and it's the best feeling ever.

Worst. Hopelessness and helplessness make me feel awful, I try to avoid that state. Despair, I cannot handle it. Also making others disappointed in me feels awful. Any kind of demands make me very annoyed, I don't like commitments.

In general, I think my own emotions are one big problem area in my life, it has been difficult for me to recognize them and then deal with them. I want to be very happy and when it's not happening, I get frustrated and can get depressed and feel like a slave for my own emotions and I hate it. Nowadays I'm fortunately more aware of that though and can avoid it better.

Also, a demand to express my emotions is something I absolutely hate. At my grandma's funeral I decided not to cry and I didn't. My SO asked afterwards what was wrong with me, he said I seemed less touched than he was. I do not want to cry publicly. But I cry when I watch Find My Family by myself and can cry when with my SO.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

a) Anger. Well, it's my energy source. I actually got off depression when I learned to use the power of my anger. All I have to do is get angry (and that can be done) and I get all the energy I need to overcome any obstacles getting in my way.

b) Shame. I used to experience a lot of shame, nowadays not that much. I can still feel inferior at times, even shy, but I'm not half as ashamed of myself as I was previosly. I think the extent of my shame is totally related to the level of my self-esteem. And that is related... to what? My mental health.

c) Anxiety. It's there. I have not recognized it very well though. Absolutely irrational issues make me anxious.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

a) Stress. Heh, I try to avoid it. If I have stress, I just ignore the reasons or add more speed to get things done and make it go away. I can become an annoying person though.

b) Unexpected change. If it's reasonable, I have nothing against it. If it seems a bad idea to me, I am totally against it and will declare my point of view.

c) Conflict. Even when I wish to even please others to some extent, I can start conflicts by myself if I need to. Conflicts make me feel alive. I even like debating, I'm only afraid of being proved an idiot.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

a) Authority. I wish to be my own authority. Many times I don't care about authorities. Sometimes it seems like they don't exist to me like they exist to someone else. At some level I'm against authorities since I want to maintain my freedom. I don't want to be difficult but I absolutely hate being told to do something.

b) Power. When I wasn't feeling well, I could be a pushover. But nowadays I have occasionally even been told to take the power before someone else takes it. Many times I'm the one who uses power - it's ironic but only because I do not want to experience it by myself. I have my own visions about how to live my life and do little or bigger things and I'd like to stick with that. Yeah my gut fix is Eight.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

Life is a puzzle. And I totally get this famous J.K.Rowling quote: "After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." I am spiritual, there is life after death, there is life out there, the space and the mind and the awareness are undiscovered...

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.

I got a little brother when I was 10 years old. First I was disappointed I didn't get the sister I had always wanted but then I could see the possibility in the situation. He became the most important thing in my life. I felt my parents weren't as good parents for him as I would want them to be so I started to take care of him by myself. I could get close to him, get him to love me, I taught him things, loved him very much, raised him - he still obeys me best. I'm very proud of him and I'm proud of myself. He's just great and I miss it when he was little and twined his arms around my neck and I could carry him and be his protector. I absolutely loved taking care of him and he made me feel special and loved.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.

Trust. It's not a big issue for me, interest is more meaningful. Some people I trust, other people I don't, I cannot verbalize it well.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.

a) Like. Whimsical. Many people here have said I am (or at least my style of writing is) whimsical and I like it. Pert and strong-willed. I really abhor being a pushover and am happy that I'm not like that anymore. Weird but I do not hate that in others nearly as much, I can feel sorry for pushovers and wish to take care of them or at least make sure others won't treat them badly. Curious and imaginative. I'm curious, I do many things because I'm too curious not to try to investigate it. I'm also fond of my imagination, it saves my day and entertaines me whenever I could have boring moments. My sense of humor. It's the second thing that saves the day. Many products of it are only for my own amusement though. Empathic. I can be empathic if I want. I can help and support others. Many people seem to like me, especially children. But I can also forget to say things 'nicely' when I'm more like myself, I can be blunt.

b) Dislike. Volatility. Even when I like the intensity and even certain drama, I suffer from the way I have troubles to find balance whatever is the issue, my mood, food intake, sleeping patterns, socializing. I have a tendency to get addicted when I'm enthusiastic about something, I immerse in something fascinating and forget (or ignore) everything else - until I get bored and find a new temptation. Unadaptability. Sometimes I have troubles to adapt. I don't even try if I find no reason to. Maybe this is related to the fact that I have not appreciated socializing much and only recently have started to realize what I'm doing and what I'll be missing. I'm just not group-oriented.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

Psychic stuff. Physical deviations, I'm quick at detecting those, no idea why. Other people's moods. It's interesting how I'm not aware of my own emotions but tend to recognize others' emotions more easily.

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?

In general, when I'm insulted I will defend myself. If it's a stranger and nothing serious, I might laugh at the whole thing but if it's irritating enough I will respond to it. If I'm complimented and if it seems sincere, I'm taken. I might try to say something nice back.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?

a) Thankful. My SO, he's the first and current love of my life, has been more than seven years now, he's the one thing that makes me more balanced. He's witty and has a good sense of humor too and he loves me. We are close. My life in general, I like the way things are, I have a lot to dream about and wait for in the future. I like the fact that I have many skills, that I am capable of doing many things, even many things at the same time :p It sounds a bit erm but nowadays I like myself the way I am and since I didn't always feel like that, I am very thankful for that.

b) Wishful. I wish my SO and I were even more close, I wish we had more time to spend together. I wish I had more time to spend with my friends, I wish I would find more exciting and inquisitive friends. I wish I had something extraordinary fascinating to do, adventures and experiences. I wish I had babies (talking about adventures and experiences...). Oh I could continue this but will stop now.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
You're a Seven, no doubt .

Since our traits and issues are really similar, it's kind of hard for me to be objective about what you wrote, but I'll try.

Head fix: 7w6. It's very obvious, and you probably know why, so I won't elaborate on that ;)
Gut fix: 8w7; you start conflict, you're invigorated by it, you need independence.

and finally, the heart fix. I don't know how you feel about that, but I think it might be 2 instead of 4. Of course, being a core 7, you probably aren't as focused on helping others as a core 2 would be. However, listing as an important event taking care of your little brother, and the way you talk about your SO... and the fact that you started a thread about helping people type themselves :p It's just a suggestion, though, and you might not agree with it.

the 278 tritype description said:
The Free Spirit: You like to use your charming, sunny disposition to create an upbeat, positive, and action-packed environment. You are also very nurturing to those in your circle of care. Your life mission is to be an instrument of change, transforming difficult situations into moments of inspiration. A true free spirit, you are happiest when you are on the go and helping others to learn to act on their own behalf. Your blind spot is that you can be so focused on keeping everything positive and honest that you can be too aggressive and fail to recognize the importance of difficult emtions. You also keep busy and in motion to avoid painful feelings. Your growing edge is to recognize that you need to always be postivie, upbeat, and free can limit your ability to self reflect and fully be yourself. True happiness and joy come from being present to your higher self and experiencing all of your emotions.

Reactions: zallla

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heh, thanks for both of you! Like I said, I'm not actually questioning my head or core type, I'm just... Seven. And I definitely have an Eight fix. But the heart fix, I don't know, somehow I feel it could be any of those. I wish people who have seen my writings here would speak now but maybe they choose to keep silent forever ;D

At some point I did think I could have a Two in my tritype so that's definitely a strong possibility, I guess I didn't realize how Twoish I am. It might have been one of my survival strategies, even when I wasn't Twoish when I was little, I was Twoish a bit later. My parents had tough times and I noticed I could get positive feedback by helping out at home... Actually, I still do that with my SO too. And you know what, when I got to make professional personality tests the psychologist said that I had the maximum points in seeking experiences, responses and adventures and in helping others. I could have a Two in my tritype...

I could recognize some Three and Four issues too though. Three, well I'm socially aware to some extent and have always been very competitive. I can still be a little shy but I am delighted to get attention too. Four, well now I actually think that many things I thought were because of a Four fix are things not related to the Four fixation at all. Everyone is individual and different, everyone can value aesthetics, everyone can be shy and withdraw when feeling unhealthy (too bad that I didn't realize I was so unhealthy when I thought of being a Four), everyone can feel sensitive if the soul is broken, everyone can feel totally different from others if feeling lonely and having low self-esteem.

The phrase of "Free Spirit" will keep haunting me - forever I suppose. That could have been my username, it would have been my username if it hadn't been already taken. Anyway, yeah yeah that's just... very much me. I'm not nurturing in general but I'm nurturing to those in my circle of care. The blind spot is awful, I know I have failed to recognize the importance of difficult emotions, I try to avoid them, always have, still do. And I guess that can limit my ability to self-reflect and fully be myself. Fours are aware of their feelings (Fi), Twos are aware of others feelings (Fe) and that's exactly what I said previously in another thread. And that's me, one of the reasons I switched from ENFP to ENTP in addition to the fact that I realized how much I use Ti and how little Fi. Actually, perhaps my use of Ti has made this even more tricky for me. Whenever I've noticed something that doesn't fit for me, I've thought this is not my type and realize nothing fits. And it doesn't need to fit.

What do you think of my subtypes? I wonder whether social subtype is stronger than I've thought. It's incredibly hard to recognize those... Heh, I guess you, @aconite , agree since you're revisiting yours too ;)

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
How does 2w3 heart fix sound, then?

About instincts: I think sx is your dominant one; you seem to be intense, passionate and focus on those close to you.

7 variant stackings thread said:
Sexual/Self-pres

The energy of the sexual instinct is, in some ways, at odds with the type Seven fixation. The Seven’s focus is future oriented and outward, away from the inner world, while the sexual variant is instinctual and dwells on the inner self as far as relationships and identity are concerned. This combination can make for a Seven that can be Four-like in many ways. They can have a flamboyant style and be very moody and intense. In relationships, there is often a push-pull quality. They are very attracted to the falling in love part. The buzz and high of that is very stimulating to them, almost drug-like for them. Their problems come when that buzz wears off. They want to recreate it again and again, but they also have a way of becoming attached and sometimes very dependent on their romantic partners. On the down side, they can be very clingy but don’t want at the same time to lose their freedom. When unhealthy, they can be very selfish in these relationships, things become one-sided in a way that favors the interests of the Seven.
The sexual/self-pres Seven’s addictive behavior with relationships can extend to other areas, like music, and performing in general. The rock star image and lifestyle can be attractive to the sexual Seven. Many rock stars are sexual Sevens the buzz they experience from music can be similar to what they experience in relationships. Creativity can also function as a release of frustration from the boredom.

Sexual/Social

This subtype has a lot of energy, crazy, intense energy and this energy is going to find a way to manifest. This subtype of Seven can have the biggest extremes in behavior and with material success in life. With the self-pres instinct last in the stacking they aren’t afraid of taking risks, so they sometimes become very successful, as in the case of rock stars, but they typically also take too many risks, look for too many easy ways out. With the self-pres least developed, they can become dependent on others to add a much needed stabilizing element to their busy hedonistic lives. They have many of the same issues and share many of the same problems as the other sexual first subtype with regards to relationship addiction and have even more dependency issues then the sexual/self-pres. They can lose focus and drift similar to the social/sexual subtype and their high energy can likewise be draining for others.
With this subtype, you have drama mixed with mental energy. What separates them from Fours who they might resemble superficially is their planning and future orientation. Their drama and intensity is focused on what they are going to do, not on what has happened. They are usually blind to their past, moving forward and not looking back.
edit: ah, I've just thought of something. Could your trouble with finding your identity be connected to the fact that if you were 782, you wouldn't have any ego types in your tritype?

Reactions: zallla

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Based on your responses, I can definitely see you as being a 782 rather than a 784. I don't see too much in your writing to indicate a 4-fix.

You mention that "taking care of others" as something that drives you in life; you also reference the story about your little brother and the mutual love you share. There are many other things, too. I'd say you've got a 2-fix indeed, especially if you initially misunderstood the issues surrounding type 4.

You also mention your cognitive functions. Based on your posts alone, I would have figured you for an EN-P (which is admittedly very subjective, especially since I've not studied the MB in-depth). You say you've tried to develop your "feeling" side in recent years. This plus a 2-fix might test you out as an ENFP, as you initially categorized yourself. From what you relate here, I'd say ENTP is more likely--I found it useful in my case to study the cognitive processes themselves and determine how they relate to me and my life. Have you already done this? It sounds as though you have.

I also think it's interesting you mention being a "pushover" when unhealthy. When an ENTP is unhealthy, they're said to take on unhealthy characteristics of their "shadow type"--in this case, ISFJ. ISFJs are known for having problems saying No and taking on too many burdens. Add that to your E2-fix, and I think that makes quite a bit of sense.

Anyway, that's my $.02...looks like you've already figured yourself out, though. You started off by saying,

I used to think I'm introspective but I have concluded I am not even nearly as aware of myself as I thought.
Isn't funny how much we think we know ourselves sometimes, and yet have so many total revelations? That's certainly been true with me--I'm not the person I thought I was...and that's a good thing! XD

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
I am noticing strong cp6-ish themes in your answers (6w7). What you're associating with an 8 gut fix is actually very cp6 in nature and motivation. I think I am equally leaning towards 3w2 and 2w3 for your heart fix, right now. An 8 fixed 7w6 would be fairly assertive, to begin with. A double id type doesn't need to actually learn assertiveness.

I'll wait for you to answer Dark Romantic's question before commenting on your heart type.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How does 2w3 heart fix sound, then?

About instincts: I think sx is your dominant one; you seem to be intense, passionate and focus on those close to you.

edit: ah, I've just thought of something. Could your trouble with finding your identity be connected to the fact that if you were 782, you wouldn't have any ego types in your tritype?
I have troubles to recognize my heart fix but 2w3 is a possibility, more likely than 2w1. Good point, didn't think that... Again, makes sense to me. But I think my troubles are mostly related to the fact that I'm now very different than I was many years, I've started to feel more like myself just recently. I'm a lot more like the girl I used to be, nowadays I have more energy, intensity, spirit, enthusiasm... ^_^ When I was like 8 or 10 or something like that, I was somewhat alluring and quite enthusiastic about boys, I literally kept chasing them. And I had no problems to be the only girl in the ice-hockey team, to be honest it was quite delightful position ^_^ I'm not planning to start the chasing again though.

@zallla : When do you feel that you are worth the most?
I had to think about this for a very long (at least for someone impatient) time, I could come up with several different issues and I really don't know what is the most... But perhaps when I'm exceptionally accomplished and admired at something. Yeah yeah, I am vain, it feels good to be admired.

This makes me think of a Three fix and perhaps even social subtype. I do recognize Threeish issues. I was very athletic when I was little, I was very competitive and I still am. I even challenge others to participate in my own competitions and I was like that when I was little too. I even organized our own 'olympics' for my neighbourhood at my parents' backyard, I was like 8. But I guess that was more for the fun than for the competition.

Yeah, Three could be. But I do recognize Twoish issues too. Good question but I don't know based on that only...

Based on your responses, I can definitely see you as being a 782 rather than a 784. I don't see too much in your writing to indicate a 4-fix.

You mention that "taking care of others" as something that drives you in life; you also reference the story about your little brother and the mutual love you share. There are many other things, too. I'd say you've got a 2-fix indeed, especially if you initially misunderstood the issues surrounding type 4.

You also mention your cognitive functions. Based on your posts alone, I would have figured you for an EN-P (which is admittedly very subjective, especially since I've not studied the MB in-depth). You say you've tried to develop your "feeling" side in recent years. This plus a 2-fix might test you out as an ENFP, as you initially categorized yourself. From what you relate here, I'd say ENTP is more likely--I found it useful in my case to study the cognitive processes themselves and determine how they relate to me and my life. Have you already done this? It sounds as though you have.

I also think it's interesting you mention being a "pushover" when unhealthy. When an ENTP is unhealthy, they're said to take on unhealthy characteristics of their "shadow type"--in this case, ISFJ. ISFJs are known for having problems saying No and taking on too many burdens. Add that to your E2-fix, and I think that makes quite a bit of sense.

Anyway, that's my $.02...looks like you've already figured yourself out, though. You started off by saying,

Isn't funny how much we think we know ourselves sometimes, and yet have so many total revelations? That's certainly been true with me--I'm not the person I thought I was...and that's a good thing! XD
Heh, thanks! :) Yeah, I've recognized major issues in my life recently, I'm more balanced and happy. Even when it was awful to be so depressed, this has been extremely exciting - it really is new day, new adventure, new me ^_^ I'm reborn and it feels amazing.

I am noticing strong cp6-ish themes in your answers (6w7). What you're associating with an 8 gut fix is actually very cp6 in nature and motivation. I think I am equally leaning towards 3w2 and 2w3 for your heart fix, right now. An 8 fixed 7w6 would be fairly assertive, to begin with. A double id type doesn't need to actually learn assertiveness.

I'll wait for you to answer Dark Romantic's question before commenting on your heart type.
Heh, yeah. If I have any Six issues, they are more counter-phobic than phobic. So, you think 6w7 is more likely than 7w6? Interesting, I also understand your reasoning for that... I still think my head fix is Seven though. But I'm curious, have you noticed any other issues that made you think I'd be a core Six?

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
I had to think about this for a very long (at least for someone impatient) time, I could come up with several different issues and I really don't know what is the most... But perhaps when I'm exceptionally accomplished and admired at something. Yeah yeah, I am vain, it feels good to be admired.

This makes me think of a Three fix and perhaps even social subtype. I do recognize Threeish issues. I was very athletic when I was little, I was very competitive and I still am. I even challenge others to participate in my own competitions and I was like that when I was little too. I even organized our own 'olympics' for my neighbourhood at my parents' backyard, I was like 8. But I guess that was more for the fun than for the competition.

Yeah, Three could be. But I do recognize Twoish issues too. Good question but I don't know based on that only...
Maybe, possibly. What is it you like to be admired for, most of all? If you were to choose one accomplishment that you would go down in history for, how would you want to be remembered? What impact would you most like to have on the world?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe, possibly. What is it you like to be admired for, most of all? If you were to choose one accomplishment that you would go down in history for, how would you want to be remembered? What impact would you most like to have on the world?
Oh, just one? Are you actually kidding? xD This will take some (it took about 30 seconds) time... Well, I guess it would be great to be able to heal everything, invent something to heal any cancer, mental disease or anything - or just have some uncanny skills to heal. Yeah, pompous but who can disagree, it would be great ^_^ To be honest, being a researcher is really my passion and it will be even more real when I finish my thesis.

Just realized, I wonder whether this idea of mine is somehow related to the fact that I was at the library today and nearly took The Last Temptation of Christ, maybe that inspired me.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Oh, just one? Are you actually kidding? xD This will take some (it took about 30 seconds) time... Well, I guess it would be great to be able to heal everything, invent something to heal any cancer, mental disease or anything - or just have some uncanny skills to heal. Yeah, pompous but who can disagree, it would be great ^_^ To be honest, being a researcher is really my passion and it will be even more real when I finish my thesis.

Just realized, I wonder whether this idea of mine is somehow related to the fact that I was at the library today and nearly took The Last Temptation of Christ, maybe that inspired me.
That answer does seem to suggest a 2-fix, but not necessarily. What is it you most enjoy being admired for, in your day to day life?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That answer does seem to suggest a 2-fix, but not necessarily. What is it you most enjoy being admired for, in your day to day life?
Heh, I seem to be a tricky one... Or just not highly aware of what my heart desires.

Hmm... Being somehow special, better than others in something, having some exceptional skill, being unlike the vulgar people. Being witty, having a quick mind. (Oh wait, in my day to day life?) That I'm talented in general and somehow exceptionally. I've been told to be that in theoretical research and that's one of things I'm most proud of myself. Secretly I wish I was a beauty. Sorry, an awful answer, I have no idea.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
@zallla
I'll ask you a few questions later. The cp6 is my first impression (after reading between the lines a bit; it's not that clear cut). Personalities are complex, and some people are harder to type than others. If you're open to exploring the 6 theme, we could talk about it. See, I may even conclude that you're core 7, after all, and you may discover something about yourself..you hadn't previously known. It seems like you're keeping an open mind about this. I appreciate that. Also, after reading your answers to Dark Romantic, I am leaning 2w3 for your heart fix.

Check out ocean moonshine and TW blogspot descriptions for more info.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
OP: #4 seems to scream that her basic fear is stagnation, and it doesn't seem to venture away from that in message.

She shows a need to experience life to its fullest with ever changing plans due to constant anticipation, very 7-like. The aggression and assertiveness shown can be interpreted either way as possibly of a CP6 or 7, but considering how many signs of 7 came out in her description compared to 6, I can't see a CP6.

·
Banned
891 Posts
OP: #4 seems to scream that her basic fear is stagnation, and it doesn't seem to venture away from that in message.

She shows a need to experience life to its fullest with ever changing plans due to constant anticipation, very 7-like. The aggression and assertiveness shown can be interpreted either way as possibly of a CP6 or 7, but considering how many signs of 7 came out in her description compared to 6, I can't see a CP6.
Agreed. I am (sometimes) a CP6. I see many differences between the OP and myself.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Heh, I seem to be a tricky one... Or just not highly aware of what my heart desires.

Hmm... Being somehow special, better than others in something, having some exceptional skill, being unlike the vulgar people. Being witty, having a quick mind. (Oh wait, in my day to day life?) That I'm talented in general and somehow exceptionally. I've been told to be that in theoretical research and that's one of things I'm most proud of myself. Secretly I wish I was a beauty. Sorry, an awful answer, I have no idea.
Now we're getting somewhere! When do you feel the most special?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's incredible how stupid I feel because of these questions, they are just... tough. I'll be curious to find out your final reasoning, @Dark Romantic !

(Lots of thinking here)

When do I feel the most special? I don't know why but I have huge problems to solve this O.O When I stand out. I don't know if there is anything particular that makes me feel the most special. Intellectual issues have been important to me and it's tough when I notice I'm definitely not the only one in my own little circle...

For example, my SO told me about a girlfriend of his own friend. He said she had gone to school a year earlier than she would normally have, that she had succeeded in school remarkably well and had achieved a valuable major the first time she even tried the entrance test. Also, I've always wanted to have red hair (which I cannot have) and I just envy hers... And her style is lovely too. When my SO told about her it was like she has the things I use to have and now I'm nothing. There seems to be nothing wrong with her and I just can't take it. Argh. I hate myself for that but I can't help it, I hate her. No idea how would I feel if I knew her by myself.

I guess I feel the most special when others envy or praise me. Especially when I'm naturally talented at something, oh why does this have to be so painful, I really don't like this about myself but I like it when people tell me how talented I am at so many different things, being multi-talented is my speciality, something I'm proud of. And maybe that's why I hate that girl so much, she has taken me my niche...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello! I'm new to this site, and have only been looking into enneagram stuff for a couple weeks, though I've done a lot of reading in that time. Just wondering: where did these questions come from? And if I'd like help on choosing my enneagram type, should I post a thread answering them?

1 - 20 of 143 Posts