Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so recently, (a couple of weeks or so ago) I accomplished a major life time goal. It took, a lot of work, planning, and thinking. It's a goal I've been working on since I was 19, I'm 25 years now. The closer I got to it, the happier, and and more excited I got. For months and months I could smell how close I was getting, and it was bliss. The funny part, here, is ONCE I GOT IT, I had this weird empty feeling. Like. Um, now what? It wasn't as great as thought it would be, infact, I think it's something I don't even want.

It had me questioning myself for awhile. Like what the fuck did I just do? Did I just like the process. Was I wrong for doing this? Given, just to finally get something I've wanted for such a long time, made me proud, but I'm left feeling confused now? It took a lot of the fire out of my belly once I got it, and I've just been feeling lathargic, and have been kind of half assing the other goals I have set up in my life now.

I guess, what I was thinking, is when I finally accomplished this, I would reach some type of nirvana. And, although it's good, it is not nirvana. And I'm infact disappointed that it's not. I guess what I'm after, is this "super ideal life", and the hope something like that could exist, was/is exciting.

Hmm. :cool:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Been there done that, realized I its best to ignore it and put that bar higher.

For the 10 years I have been rowing.
I have been aiming to get below 6:20.0 mins on a 2000m Erg test.
Last Monday with only 4 months of training after 13 months off, I pulled 6:17.1 on my 2000m erg test.

I am still very glee because of it, but what do i do now/
Well the national team is not calling me, and no one else cares.
So I aim for the world record 5:45.1 min. Impossible if I do not train 24/7

Now I just focus on my other stuff like finishing school and working.

Aim higher and move one. as the first goal was not unrealistic enough.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts