Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A survey I made to feed my wondering mind...

What does accomplishments mean to you?

How is being an INFP beneficial for accomplishing thing? - or isn't it?

What is your biggest accomplishment?

Being productive, is it easy for you?

INFPs are perfectionist, I blame the idealism for that, do you agree?

Are you a perfectionist?

You do have self-discipline? If so, whats your tip for gaining more self control?

Are you happy now?

Is it hard for you to control your thoughts when you read?

On personalitypage.com there is a description of the dark side of the INFPs. Are you familiar with it? If so, how so is it affecting you in life?

Enneagram type 4 + INFP - aren't they super alike?

What enneagram type are you?

Do you have an addiction?

Are you skinny?

I thank you

·
Registered
166 Posts

Not completing my goals per say, but how I actually accomplish them. I have to do things honorably...I need to look back and be proud of what I've done for myself.

mmm...I think the creativity that comes with being a INFP is definitely the best

The songs I've written. Going to a foreign country and learning the language and integrating myself completely in the culture.

No. I'm lazy as fuck.

Yesum. Perfectionist to the point sometimes it's hard to do anything T-T

Are you a perfectionist?

I guess

You do have self-discipline? If so, whats your tip for gaining more self control?

No. haha. mmm...i think it helps me to think..I just need to take baby steps day in and day out... and that it's not as hard as it seems...I should meditate more as well.

Are you happy now?

no

sometimes yes, but not only when I read. All the time. I think to much. So much, I can never sleep properly.

On personalitypage.com there is a description of the dark side of the INFPs. Are you familiar with it? If so, how so is it affecting you in life?

No, but I'd probably relate to a lot of it.

I dunno

I dunno. I'm different everytime...mostly 4w5 or 7 sometimes.

I have an addictive personality. I could easily become addicted to a lot of things...so I practice self control.

Are you skinny?

no

I thank you

·
Registered
7,676 Posts

Only a brief moment of feeling happy and proud with myself. Usually, after a while, I tend to forget about it and get off my "high". This probably explains why I'm not so big on accomplishing things, per se.

It isn't. P is for procrastination.

Er..

Probably as easy as pulling my eyes out and having them for dinner, on toast.

Yes.

Are you a perfectionist?

Yes yes yes. It usually also gets in the way of me accomplishing things. While I do write, I never really do unless I'm absolutely sure I can somehow convey exactly how I feel. If I have the impression that words will fail me, that I won't be able to perfectly communicate my feelings through text, I don't bother at all.

LMAO.

Are you happy now?

Right now, at the moment? Yes. In general? Not really.

Sometimes, if I'm distracted by something.

Plural, I have a very addictive personality.

Are you skinny?

Nope, chubby.

·
Registered
127 Posts
When I achieve something that has made me happy and purposeful. I might get happy about getting a 30-paper done for class, but if I wasn't all too passionate about writing the paper, I wouldn't see it as much more than a test of endurance that I made it through. But if I was passionate about the subject matter and wrote a really good paper, I would feel very accomplished.

If you're an INFP and you're very passionate about something, you will put your heart and soul into what you're trying to accomplish. Plus I suppose we're pretty creative and can see everything in many different ways or be open to all sorts of ideas.

Um..........

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.

I can be quite scatterbrained and distractable. Especially when there's a computer with internet access in front of me. The internet is where productivity goes to die. For me, at least.

Plus I'm very perfectionistic and often discourage myself from doing anything.

Yep.

Are you a perfectionist?
Very much so, often to a fault where if I feel like something can go wrong with what I'm doing or that I'm not good enough, it can get very discouraging for me to do anything at all.

No, I don't have much self-discipline. I really wish I did. I've been getting better as of late, but it's still very tough.

Are you happy now?
Yes.

Only if the stuff I'm reading doesn't interest me and there's a lot going on in my mind. For instance, I had a very hard time focusing on reading my economics textbook last semester. But I was totally engrossed by The Hunger Games. :p

If there's a lot on my mind, especially if I'm obsessively unhappy, then sometimes I may loosely connect what I'm reading to the "fact" that everything in my life is going to go wrong. If I'm not like that, then my mind will probably just be doing its usual meandering while my eyes just take in what I'm reading - and I have to read the same sentence a few times before I get it.

I can't find it. But I probably have tasted the Dark Side and its cookies a few times. [References FTW]

Maybe. I'm a 4, myself.

See previous question!

Junk food and watching stupid YouTube videos

Are you skinny?
Not really. I'm slightly overweight.

·
Registered
75 Posts
those are a lot of questions and i'm feeling lazy (for which i apologize for) so i'll tell you what i consider my sense of accomplishment. it's actually really easy. it's whenever i feel empowered and in tune with myself and even better when i can empower people and get them in sync with their mind, heart, and soul.

i'm a type 4w3 infp and i think that my wing can make me really social and outgoing and more conscious of doing stuff to attract attention. i think it's the wing that really distinguishes a lot of the differences in infps if the type is 4 because type 4 is a very common placement for infps. but i think that any type can be infpish (just expressed in a different modality). for example, type 2 is a very selfless helper and a lot of infps have a strong humanitarian base in their values.

i'll probably answer your other questions once i get more of my thoughts together.

·
Registered
100 Posts
They mean a lot to me because they mean a lot to people I care about. Unfortunately, because they don't matter to me, I haven't devoted myself to them. And the ones which do matter to me go unnoticed by others unless mentioned.

It's definitely not. I often wonder about how great it would be if such-and-such.

I have no big accomplishments, in my opinion, but people who know me well would disagree.

I can turn it on like a switch, but the majority of the time, I choose not to do so. My "wasted time" still feels a bit personally productive, either way.

Agreed. You know the potential and try to reach it.

Are you a perfectionist?
Yeah, when I do things, I try to do them right. Do them justice.

I've taken a lot of steps this year to develop a self-discipline I've never known until now. The trick to this is genuinely caring about yourself and not fighting your own needs.

Are you happy now?
No, I have a dauntingly long way to go, but I'm certainly capable of being happy. I'm more neutral than unhappy.

Yes, my thoughts drift away in the middle of reading to focus on some specific detail/concept/idea or go on another tangent entirely.

I'm not, but I have a dark streak and need no confirmation to realize it.

Not familiar with

Tritype is 9w1, 5w6, 2w1.

Not to anything unhealthy.

Are you skinny?
Lean and mean. Working out these days.

·
Registered
240 Posts

Accomplishment is a word that I don't often identify with or use as a measurement, but I hear it used often for what happens when you jump over a hurdle. You accomplish victory over the hurdle, or something.

I don't place much value in accomplishments. My value system revolves around experiences.

I don't really know. I like getting things done, but it has to do with keeping in balance, rather than just checking off a "to-do" list. Therefore I believe INFPs may introduce the value of the entire process, not just the end result.

Can I just say that I think this is the most retarded (no offense to mentally retarded folks but this does actually seem like a retardation in our social system to seek "big") question that I continually hear in interviews and various social events/scenarios. What is so damn important about "biggest"? What about the small subtle things people do every day that wind up making the most impact on the world? Sometimes offering a sincere smile to a stranger can completely change the course of the day for god-knows how many people. -- (also, no offense to you for asking the question but it's my honest answer)

If my heart is in it, yes, productivity is a breeze and a complete pleasure. If I'm depressed or feeling emotionally drained, then no, productivity is not easy at first. Though it can actually even me out if I push through the difficulty of being productive.

Yeah, I do agree with you there. Our ideal is really, in the end, what really matters to us. So we focus on what matters. If we can't maintain that ideal, we get pretty bitchy (or at least I can go there if I'm not conscious of it).

Are you a perfectionist?

Yes, I am. Not in the meticulous sense, not in the spotless Stepford Wives sense, but yeah. I am.

It depends! I work out every week day and maintain a fairly good diet (not as in I am on one, but how I choose to eat). Again, when my heart is in something and I can paint a clear goal and keep that ideal as my main focus, it's pretty easy to stick with being disciplined. Another tip would be, root out your problem with a certain task. If you are putting something off, there's something about it that you are having an issue with. There's probably an obstacle that you have not fully fleshed out and it's this big invisible blob and you'd rather just do something else. Try to pick at it until you can find the flow you need.

Are you happy now?

No, I'm not happy. I'm something else, though. Melancholy currently. Hopeful. Determined. A little scared and lost. I have a sense of joy under all of that though.

Recently, yes, it has been. It isn't always like this for me, though.

Not really. I've been to the site but I haven't read it. Do you have a link?

I wouldn't know.

I can't remember. I just took it, but need to spend a little more time on it eventually. One measure at a time for now. Still embracing INFP.

Closest addiction would be video games. hehe

Are you skinny?

Nope. Curvy.

I thank you

Thank you for asking! :D Good questions.. except for the one I hate. :p

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
my What does accomplishments mean to you?
Something that didn't come easy that I am proud of I guess. Something not everyone did or could do.

I think that being an infp allows me to make connections and pursue deep thought, seeks alignment, validity, harmony, connections, morality, meaning, and this makes me a good writer and sometimes a good communicator. If I was not an infp I would not have the strengths I do. My whole life I've been good at language and ideas, in any form I can play with them. This helps me in tons of other areas. My family is an "intellectual" language family, but I am the only infp, and I think it just played on my natural strengths in good ways.

Well, I'm 17, so nothing much. I've done some art I'm proud of, I've made some friends that will last me a life time, I've written some good posts on PerC, I've passed AP tests, gotten 98 percetile on the PSAT (but that took no effort so it doens't count...), got As in some hard classes. Really I'm proud of the ways I've grown that people can't see, from being a girl that was too scared to order for herself in restuarants to a girl who orders for others when they're scared, proud of running cross country and track and starting in the back and ending up getting letters and running varsity, proud of being too scared or unsure of myself to talk to others and then reaching out and making friends, proud for forgiving my family in small ways.

define "productive".
It's easy for me to do what i am passionate about and interested in, unfortunately my impressive post count on PerC will get me no admiration from society so in that sense, yes.

hmmmm, no, not really... maybe? I don't know, I wonder if this is a type 4 trait.... no... it's not idealism. When it comes to people I am not a perfectionist, I accept flaws, and when it comes to myself I hardly expect myself to be perfect cause I'll never make it, though I do expect myself to be better. But what I produce---- I cannot give it a chance. I throw my writing away, my art away. I don't shrae it because i feel it is unworthy. I plan and dream for ages but give up on working it, and sometimes I go from extremes: ("I will be a GENIUS") to the other extreme due to disillusionment with my abilities... ("Everything I will ever make is crap because my soul is evil"). So that kind of perfectionism... it is bad. It stops you from giving it your all. Most of what I could ever create, for the time being, is always in my head in rough draft form, and not even 5% will ever make it out. Is that idealism? No. I think it has more to do with having a hard time looking my imperfections in the eye, or the like.

Are you a perfectionist?
Only in the ways described above, and also in the sense that if someone takes over even a part of the project it is ruined for me. For example, I gardened for years, my mom planted this bush in my garden and won't dig it up, I just gave her the damn garden cause I can't achieve my vision of perfection with that ugly fucking bush there.

I just remind myself of what I want, and that I feel better when I am consistenly working, and there is no excuse becaues I am smart and thus more capable than a lot of people if I do not get what I want, and I will have to sit with that bitter feeling.

Are you happy now?
An effusive, excited happiness isn't really the word but I have what I need and in a sense, yes. My moods are not stable in a way that my interior self isn't.

Only if my imagination is running rampant in which case I feel I have to DO something so I will go blow steam off by like running for example.

Yes and ugh.

Only if you ARE an infp 4. which I am.

infp 4 lol

To PerC
and other things in mild forms

Are you skinny?
averagely so

·
Registered
2,035 Posts

Reaching a goal deemed as positive?

(Getting to bed at a reasonable hour).

I think perhaps being and INFP might help a person accomplish certain types of goals.. say like writing.. being creative, helping humanity, being flexible, thinking outside the box.. etc.. etc..

Hmmm... well, this probably wouldn't be my biggest accomplishment by the world's standards, but I say having a job I find meaningful and doing what I'm skilled at... and what I enjoy. I really like what I do. I like my job(s).

When I feel inspired, its easy... when I don't feel inspired... its a big challenge. Sometimes you have to do things and be productive even when you don't feel like it. Sounds like common sense but its taken me decades to learn this lesson.. lol

Sure... but in my case I'd say I'm not a perfectionist about many things, only some things that are important to me.

Are you a perfectionist?

Yeah, but only when it matters to me. I'm definitely not a perfectionist when it comes to folding the laundry perfectly.

I'm still learning self discipline. 2012 and 2011 have been good years for me improving self-discipline in a few key areas of my life. I've been working on not investing my thinking or actions towards directions that are counterproductive.

Tips? Hmm.. pay attention to the results certain actions have on your mind and your life. When you spot a habit that brings you down in anyway, resolve to remove that habit from your lifestyle as much as possible. This is an approach I'm still working on and I've not yet mastered.

Are you happy now?

Today, on my drive home from work, I realized that I am generally pretty content at the time being. I realize that life has ups and downs and new challenges could be around the corner, but honestly, I'm just happy to have today... have friends.. have health.. have family. My life was so turbulent a few years ago.. and even back in November I had some 'hiccups'.. but I just feel at peace right now.. and... normal. I feel normal... which is abnormal for me to be completely honest.. LOL.

Not sure what you mean here... when I read what?

I don't know if you mean being attracted to sad things or the negative tendencies of unhealthy or stressed INFPs...

It appears there are similarities. :wink:

f o u r :ninja:

Yes... olives.. I've gone through 3 jars of them this last week! They are so freakin good!!!!

Are you skinny?

lol.. I'm curious about what this has to do with the above?

I am a woman.. and I look womanly... with hips, a butt, and thighs.. I'm cool with that.

I thank you

Thank you.

·
Registered
530 Posts
It means as much as people (and more often than not, people who really matter to you) who recognise your accomplishments and encourage you to take them as a stepping stone toward greater heights. I will definitely feel proud of myself for accomplishing something grand, but if no one gives a damn about it, it's useless to me.

No it isn't. Firstly, you think a lot... and I really mean A LOT! Secondly, after all the thinking, you just kinda wait for them to happen.

Winning a singing competition.

A big NO! Unless if that something you're pursuing is something you're passionate about... and you get the job done in half the time others take.

Yes. If only we could take things easier and don't mind second-rate results.

Are you a perfectionist?
Mostly. Especially in the things I value most.

No, but if all distractions were to be removed, I would have not much of a problem.

Are you happy now?
NO.

I don't read much, but when I read, images fill my mind. It's something I can't control.

Nope. Should be quite similar to my dark side I guess. Can you enlighten me? ;)

I don't know.

5w4, 4w5, 9w1
Probably.

Are you skinny?
Very.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts

It means alot. It fills me with pride knowing that I have achieved something, and knowing that it's worthwile in other's eyes. Knowing that people are proud of me for my accomplishments.

I don't know. It makes me procrastinate, but when the deadline is due or I am up against the ropes, I go at it with full force, and that's when I do my best work. I like the rush.

Gaining an appreciated for life, and how precious and valuable each day is. Enduring through severe bouts of depression to emerge stronger and full of life.

Not really. I have to be really motivated to do something.

yes. I also blame it on being a type 3.

Are you a perfectionist?

Yes, very much so!!!

Yes and no. I usually think of General Patton's advice of never holding your position, but keep advancing. attack attack attack! That's how I want to live life.

Are you happy now?

Not really, still kind of depressed.

Soemtimes. I get distracted or daydream sometiems btu then get right back into it.

I will check it out, but I'm someone who is very much in touch with their darkside, for betetr or worse.

Yeah, kind of I guess.

Type 3 -The Achiever!!!

Addictive personality. Don't make me choose between booze, women, food, sex, and gambling!!! AH!!!

Are you skinny?

Not yet, but I'm putting on more muscle form working out so that's better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts