Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so my first thread....kinda scary.

i know that you have a few threads on the psychic nature of the INFJ......but i'm interested to know how many of you have dreams that are highly accurate and forth telling.

i seem to have been given this (genetically ??!! :crazy:) and it by no means happens all the time, but when it does - it is accurate to a tee. i will give an example:

i had a dream in recent times that gave me the authors name on a book that fell at my feet. i was meant to give this to a certain person........this (in real life) led to an intense search for this book (i had never heard of the author), which we finally got hold of as it was out of print. once my friend read it, he was so amazed it ended up inspiring him to begin an inner healing ministry that was based upon principles in this book and is now becoming widely used.

i've also got 100% accuracy on dream prediction of a babies sex, when some one is going through something terrible, and there are so many more, but i am interested in YOUR experiences. i can't be alone on this. i expect some of you will be like me and have a healthy skeptical side :proud:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I have roughly the same. Some days I go through some heavy Deja vu. I've met people in my dreams whom I didn't actually meet until weeks or months later.

The only real lifelike one I had that hasn't happened yet involved- get this- holding off hordes of zombies in a shopping mall. Think I made that up? I never watched zombie movies before that. I was afraid of them.

What's even better is that there was a girl I didn't recognize in my party. I met her three weeks later. She had a similar dream. ;)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I have something to share. When I was like 9 years old I had this dream that a bus stopped next to me and a girl with blonde hair in pigtails stepped out. I told everyone about it, because it was such a short and silly dream and I didn't understand it. Then about 3 weeks later, my class went on a trip to the zoo and it happened. Exactly as I had dreamt.

How's that for a useless prediction. :sad:

·
Registered
🌈🎹☮INFJ 666 sx/sp🇺🇸💃🏻💋
2,791 Posts
All the time.
I am constant dreaming something only to have it happen in real life.

I have had dreams about the town we just moved to since I was a teenager, and there is no way I could have been here before because it is 450 miles from where we lived before.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I have something to share. When I was like 9 years old I had this dream that a bus stopped next to me and a girl with blonde hair in pigtails stepped out. I told everyone about it, because it was such a short and silly dream and I didn't understand it. Then about 3 weeks later, my class went on a trip to the zoo and it happened. Exactly as I had dreamt.

How's that for a useless prediction. :sad:
I used to dream that same kind of stuff as a kid. Sadly, my dreams have faded away. Although, they've started coming back very recently. Now the problem is trying to remember my dreams.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Mine are never specific enough. They are always to metaphorical to be able to have a real prediction. The dreams give me a feeling and a feeling that that feeling is going to happen and sometimes they are attached to specific people or an area of life. Then I find out later when I have that exact feeling, that that is what it was talking about.

Sure the dreams are beautiful, wild, eerie, awesome, neat to think about, and I know personally the gist of what it is telling me but they don't give enough specifics to be able to do anything about it! Why can't they be a little more useful! They have been telling me bad things for about 2 years now and the bad things keep happening! What use is knowing doom will occur if you are not given the tools to prevent it. I want to go back to my happy dreams!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Mine are also not super specific^ that I could kind of brush it away as figment of the imagination XD But when I am awake, and lying in bed, I sometimes smell what I will have for dinner or something that will appear in the fridge in the next couple of hours. This doesn't happen anymore, I guess I was kind of in a phase where I was smelling and eating things in my dreams.. and maybe it is related. I usually never taste things in dreams.

The most recent thing had something to do with pcafe, and the most accurate
A member in the infj forum, I don't even know what he looks like in real life
and then I saw his face in a dream. I remember saying in the dream, "Oh so this is what he looks like! XD"
When I woke up, I was getting ready to send him a private message when I saw that he had changed his avatar.. to the one I had in my dream! Only it wasn't 100% the same. He was wearing the same coloured shirt, had the same haircut, face (duh!), and background and facial expression. But in my dream, he had pants on his head XD So I told him this, about the specific pair of pants I saw.. and he said he had that exact same pair

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
When I was a kid I once dreamed about a speech given by a scout master (boy scouts).

A week later, that very person gave that very speech, word for word.

Last night I dreamed about a giant gray beetle with large pincers that had attached itself to my thigh, which then later changed into a giant ladybug-like creature with giant pincers. Hoping that one doesn't come true.

·
Registered
836 Posts
does anyone else have dreams that attempt to solve problems or close situations that were never resolved in real life?

i have these pretty frequently as well as the ones you mentioned in the OP.

my subconscious is really intent on getting closure on certain things. this can be saying goodbye to people, confessing my true feelings about something, or even just finishing a project.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The most recent thing had something to do with pcafe, and the most accurate
A member in the infj forum, I don't even know what he looks like in real life
and then I saw his face in a dream. I remember saying in the dream, "Oh so this is what he looks like! XD"
When I woke up, I was getting ready to send him a private message when I saw that he had changed his avatar.. to the one I had in my dream! Only it wasn't 100% the same. He was wearing the same coloured shirt, had the same haircut, face (duh!), and background and facial expression. But in my dream, he had pants on his head XD So I told him this, about the specific pair of pants I saw.. and he said he had that exact same pair
:crazy: that is hilarious!!!

i wonder whether that pair of pants had a particular sentimental value to that person? one thing i have learnt on my journey with dreams is when they are accurate, usually there is meaning attached to all the symbols.

The only real lifelike one I had that hasn't happened yet involved- get this- holding off hordes of zombies in a shopping mall. Think I made that up? I never watched zombie movies before that. I was afraid of them.
Zomboy - i think maybe with the infj uncanny ability for prediction.......maybe you should be scared.......although you kinda look to me like you'd join in now :tongue:

SLN - i find with mine they can be useless info like that, but i think that is just an indicator that you are able to 'tap' into it or have the propensity for it......mine got better over time - i was deliberate about writing them down etc.......in saying that i recently had one where i dreamt the mail man knocked on my door with his motorbike helmet on and i was talking with him (never met, spoke to, or seen the guy get of his motorbike ever), the very next day he is knocking at my door exactly like in the dream.....i probs looked a bit freaked out and a little unhinged when he passed me my parcel :crazy: he came another two times after that.......i wonder if i was meant to talk to him more and i didn't take that opportunity? but kinda useless info :happy:

does anyone else have dreams that attempt to solve problems or close situations that were never resolved in real life?
the majority of my dreams are about me and they tend to reveal hidden motives and agendas that i am harbouring subconsciously........if you really open yourself up to looking into that metaphorical landscape, you can really grow as a person. this isn't just dreamytalk......it's psychologically sound too :wink:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Last night I dreamed about a giant gray beetle with large pincers that had attached itself to my thigh, which then later changed into a giant ladybug-like creature with giant pincers. Hoping that one doesn't come true.
hahaha - i have a story for you......you may just wanna keep one eye open for that beetle!

my hubby came off his bike and had huge grazes on his forearms (he actually had broken his wrist too) and he was totally wasted after the fall. he took himself forlornly off to bed, feeling very sorry for himself.

about an hour later i hear these bloodcurdling screams and run in to find him bashing his mangled arms all over the bed! i ask him what is wrong........

and

he had just woken from dreaming that he was being eaten alive by ants!

BUT upon waking from such a startling dream (hoping for a sense of reality relief), he found - to his absolute horror - that his grazes were ACTUALLY covered in ants IN REAL LIFE (we had an ant problem in our roof at the time). They thought they'd picnic on his flesh :crazy:

i laughed so hard..........but it does make me wonder now when i dream about bugs!! :tongue:

Reactions: The Vizier

·
Registered
192 Posts
I Sometimes get an image or short clip in a dream, and most often than not yes it does happen, it isn't the most common happening but yes it must be some sort of deja vu. Otherwise most of my dreams tend to be fairly abstract with elements of realism greatly exaggerated, but if there is one element of my dream that is hardly ever abstract is the extreme detail with people and the ongoing relationship and storyline within, often involving a struggle or just some mundane scenario, or even the most interesting story that you may not be able to think of whilst awake, the details do slip away from my memory though more often than not.

Reactions: beanz

·
Registered
428 Posts
I don't usually have dreams. Most of the dreams I have involve some faceless guy...think Jason Voorhees chasing me through a winding maze. Inevitably I get caught and repeated poundings on the faceless guy yields little results as he chokes me to death. These dreams or nightmares have been recurring but only when I am under high stress situations where I have little control over events.

Interestingly, the latest version involved aliens and capture...but I forgot the details.

Thankfully I don't get them nowadays. :laughing:

·
Registered
234 Posts
yeah that does sometimes happen to me.. But lately, i've been really intrigued about a particular dream i had, where, in one part of it, a significant person in my life showed me a note/scrapbook. i opened the book to find only one page had been written in, and there were a few sentences written in french, which i couldn't make sense of (i don't speak french). But the sentences had been written by an unknown person called James Little. I no of nobody called James Little... but i find it weird that this name would pop up in my subconscious, so i've been trying to find out who or what James Little is, and if there is anything significant about it, or just my mind sending me on a stupid wild goose chase... Who's James Little??????!!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Zomboy - i think maybe with the infj uncanny ability for prediction.......maybe you should be scared.......although you kinda look to me like you'd join in now :tongue:
Join them? Heck no! I'm hoping for a zombie apocalypse because out of all the different 2012 scenarios I've researched, I have the best chance of surviving a undead outbreak. :p

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Who's James Little??????!!
i think it is fun to search out the details of the dream. sometimes it amounts to nothing. but it could be a real person.......just write it down and keep it in a 'notepad' :crazy:

you might meet james little one day.....he might be french or just speak french.......it might be years away.....but how cool if it comes to pass :happy:

Join them? Heck no! I'm hoping for a zombie apocalypse because out of all the different 2012 scenarios I've researched, I have the best chance of surviving a undead outbreak. :p
Zomboy - um.....you've researched them?? hahaha......ahhh can i get some tips then ?? it sounds as though this outbreak is imminent. i don't mind wielding a gun...or stake.....or running the heck for my life.....

Reactions: wsmf
1 - 17 of 17 Posts