Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ 3w2 Sx/So
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, INTPs. I was wondering if I could get some help on a writing project of mine.

I want to write a POV character who is a female INTP (I'm tempted to make her an INFP to make things easier for me, but I don't want to let the challenge go just yet), but I want to do it right. Being an INFJ, I suppose I have some idea of how you guys think and perceive, but I don't want to overestimate myself and end up writing a feeler on accident. I only favor F over T by a small margin, so it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to put myself in a Thinker's shoes.

Any examples from fiction that you've come across (or perhaps real life/historical examples that you would suggest) or specific advice? I would greatly appreciate any input you might have.

·
Banned
5,168 Posts
In before 3 pages of people suggesting "L" from Death Note.

The Man With No Name from the Fistful of Dollars trilogy is pretty INTP.

Reactions: Iaokim

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
A lot of the INTP characters I can think of were odd sort of comic-reliefs with not much of a rich inner life expressed. So at the moment I can't think of anyone that isn't over exaggerated. Though I'm sure there are.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Try reading the Discworld novels with Leonard of Quirm :)

·
Registered
INFJ 3w2 Sx/So
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In before 3 pages of people suggesting "L" from Death Note.

The Man With No Name from the Fistful of Dollars trilogy is pretty INTP.
Is L an INTP? I used to think that he was, but I got into an argument with my boyfriend about it. He insisted that L was an INTJ, due to him seeking after loyalty and certain quirks that were more J than P. I didn't agree with him at first, but he brought me around.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I'm an INTP female and I've always found difficulties in recognizing me in any female fictional carachter I have read about or whatched.

Maybe because there are not many of them.

It is more probably that I can relate to male charachters.

The ones I relate more, for example, are:

Shikamaru from the manga/anime Naruto.
Face Forehead Cartoon Anime Jaw

Mycroft from Sherlock Holmes

And a lot of male charachters from Douglas Adamas or Terry Pratchett.

Female intp could maybe be :

Luna Lovegood from "Harry Potter "

Hair Blond Hairstyle Lip Long hair

Georgia Lass from “Dead Like Me” (yes, I am kinda think like her, but she seems a little too bored, I'm more enthusiast when I find something I like)

Eyewear Glasses Sunglasses Personal protective equipment Goggles

Kai from "new girl season 4" (the girlfriend of nick)

Conversation Games Recreation Indoor games and sports Restaurant

Rory Gilmore from "Gilmore girls" (even if I can't relate too much to her, maybe she is too J)
Hair Hairstyle Brown hair Long hair Layered hair

I've also thought about Jane Austen, she is not a fictional carachter but reading her books you could understand how an INTP female see the world.

If you need any advices from a female INTP and ask me, even with PM, you are welcom. If I can I'll try to answer.

·
Banned
802 Posts
I've also thought about Jane Austen, she is not a fictional carachter but reading her books you could understand how an INTP female see the world.

If you need any advice from a female INTP and ask me, even with PM, you are welcom. If I can I'll try to answer.
I can sign up to this as well. Any perspective you need :)

Reactions: Zosio

·
Registered
ANimA
1,017 Posts
Possible female INTPs

Fictional:

Ariadne from Inception
Lizbeth Salander from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
Evelyn Carnahan from The Mummy movies
Olive Penderghast from Easy A
Dr. Brennan from the tv series Bones
Daria from Daria
Darcy from the Thor movies
Allison Reynolds from The Breakfast Club
Bonnie from Knight Rider
Alice who was the hot girl Leonard picks up from the comic store in The Big Bang Theory

Real Life:

Lena Olin
Emma Stone
Noomi Rapace
Ellen Page
Rachel Weisz
Kat Dennings

Maybe I'll add more later.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Shikamaru from the manga/anime Naruto.
View attachment 306578
this guy.

i'm not a big naruto, but i remember watching an episode years ago about a tournament in which this character participated. he basically forfeited the match because he had calculated the outcome and saw no point in continuing because it bored him. classic INTP

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
this guy.

i'm not a big naruto, but i remember watching an episode years ago about a tournament in which this character participated. he basically forfeited the match because he had calculated the outcome and saw no point in continuing because it bored him. classic INTP
Yeah, well he's still very INTJ for an INTP.

Reactions: ouchies

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Here's some video links to said match.

Part 1:

Part 2:

For some context of the fight, the INTP guy uses his shadow to control his enemy. If his shadow connects with the enemy shadow he will force the person to mirror his movements. The girls with the giant fan can create strong gusts of wind that can kill people. That's all you need to know.

For some other examples of INTP characters.

I've always considered Kirito from Sword Art Online to be a non-exaggerated INTP. People often complain about his personality being all over the place but I think this relates to the INTP camouflage behavior that we're all familiar with ourselves.
(The only problem with my theory is that I've only seen the first 14 episodes of SAO because of the shitty story in all the following episodes. But from that first story arc I consider him to be INTP)

Example video:

For a ridiculous example I give you Dr Stein from Soul Eater: https://youtu.be/05Po5rp57iY?t=158

·
Registered
INFJ 3w2 Sx/So
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everyone for the helpful posts so far and for the couple of offers to be "resource contacts". I really appreciate it! You guys are awesome.

·
Registered
INFJ 3w2 Sx/So
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you need any advices from a female INTP and ask me, even with PM, you are welcom. If I can I'll try to answer.
I can sign up to this as well. Any perspective you need :)
That would be wonderful. I'll let you guys know if I get stuck on anything or have any really specific questions (hopefully nothing too intrusive). Maybe just some what-if scenarios.

Thank you for the offer, I really appreciate it.

Reactions: JustMe

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
5,197 Posts
James Leer (but the infps want to claim him; Wonder Boys; novel or film)

I'm partial to consider Jo March from Little Women as an intp...

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
His extremely cynicism and impatience leads me to think that he is more INTJ.

-Carrie from Homeland.
-Galadriel(?)
-Neil Degrasse Tyson(?)
-??????

A few other ones from INTPForum: Fictional Female INTP characters? - INTP Forum

Edit: People will argue this one, but I think that River Tam from Firefly may be INTP as well. Or possibly ISTP.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts