Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I started college a couple day's ago and its terrific fun! So I have acting class today, something new but I think I'm happy for that.

Anyone experience any kinda of acting (thingy) lol If so I think INFJ's would be great actors. what do you think? Tell me :D

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
So I started college a couple day's ago and its terrific fun! So I have acting class today, something new but I think I'm happy for that.

Anyone experience any kinda of acting (thingy) lol If so I think INFJ's would be great actors. what do you think? Tell me :D
In my lifetime, I have personally given the following performances:

- Jesus Christ
-Goliath
-Franklin Roosevelt
- an anouncer (comedic, over-the-top fashion)
- an Obie-One-Kanobie (sp?) type character
- a troll
- a hillbilly (exaggerated Southern accent from what I already have)

Yeah, I think confident INFJs can make great actors. They can get inside of other people's heads and use that to their advantage. :happy:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my lifetime, I have personally given the following performances:

- Jesus Christ
-Goliath
-Franklin Roosevelt
- an anouncer (comedic, over-the-top fashion)
- an Obie-One-Kanobie (sp?) type character
- a troll
- a hillbilly (exaggerated Southern accent from what I already have)

Yeah, I think confident INFJs can make great actors. They can get inside of other people's heads and use that to their advantage. :happy:

hahaha awesome :p I bet you rocked at it. Give's me encouragement for tonight's class. Getting in people's heads is quite the advantage I would have to agree.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Oh I love acting, and personally I am pretty good.

I got a standing ovation at the age of eight for my role as Puss in Puss in Boots. From then on I had the lead female role in all school productions.

My mum was encoraged to send me to a drama club, which I attended for nine years. My teacher thought I was fantastic and pulled over in the street to tell my mum I had a gift. Unfortunatly he also made her swear not to try and get me into proffessional acting until after age eighteen, as it might put me off. Considering at the time my teacher was of the opionin: "If Filigee were on Kids Say The Funniest Things, she'd be a hit...but in the rest of life?" *laughs* I was a bit cheesed off I wasn't allowed to try and be an actress, as it was clearly my destiny.

I won a drama award at High School, and had lead roles in several school productions, but I had to balence that with my other clubs and acedemic stuff. I wasn't always that interested and it was harder to get into charicter in front of people who knew me as rather shy.

I've taken a short break from acting to do other things, debating and public speaking, but I am now trying to get into it again. I don't think it's anything I'd do proffessionally now, I prefer it as a hobby.

I find it easy to empathise with others and to imagine...well, anything really. So I guess that is Ni and Fe.

My INFJ friend is terrible at acting though, she can't conceal her true emotions at all, nor is she confident enough to act or roleplay even in front of close friends. But then, she is far more gifted acedemicly than me. Everyone has their own particular special skills and talents.

So...yes, but depends on the type of INFJ I think.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay so my first class was stressful. I had fun but I did struggle mostly because I have hard time getting out myself sometimes. Practice makes...something better lol. 2 1/2 hour class, I'm drained. I'm dang excited for my next class.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts

MEL GIBSON! :crazy:

I used to act in movies during high school all the time. But if you're looking for INFJ actors, look no further than Gibson.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts

My dad always told me "Go to Hollywood or stop acting!" I guess I was very manipulative as a child and my dad (being an INFJ also) would pick up on it. I'm guessing it would have worked on most people, but my dad always knew when I was full of shit. I basically fake every social interaction I am involved in unless I actually feel accepted, in which case I can be myself. So I guess INFJ's would make good actors, but ENFJ's would be even better.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MEL GIBSON! :crazy:

I used to act in movies during high school all the time. But if you're looking for INFJ actors, look no further than Gibson.
Thats cool! :D
Really? hmm I'm going to do some studying on it. lol

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Thats cool! :D
Really? hmm I'm going to do some studying on it. lol
mel is gross.

probablly the only thing btmangan and I disagree on.

NIKKI!!!

I am SOO excited for you!!!!!

you will LOVE college!
watch it with the drinking lady!!!!

I only say this cause my habits got a little excessive.

oh man...
so much happiness for you and your acting class! you are just going to be lovin life in there :]
<3
and all the other positive word drawings I can make!!!!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mel is gross.

probablly the only thing btmangan and I disagree on.

NIKKI!!!

I am SOO excited for you!!!!!

you will LOVE college!
watch it with the drinking lady!!!!

I only say this cause my habits got a little excessive.

oh man...
so much happiness for you and your acting class! you are just going to be lovin life in there :]
<3
and all the other positive word drawings I can make!!!!
I will give a opinion about mel later on..I'm to tired!! i've been up sense 6am.

Thank you GreenCoyote! I love it so far!
Its like nothing like high school its just so much fun lol.

Watch the drinking lady?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I did some drama in high school... and my teacher told me I was "too much myself", so I haven't gone back to it since...

As I child I liked both acting and directing my brother and sister, but I guess I've always been very much inside my head and never properly learnt to act it out...

i think i would enjoy it though... I so envy you...

and, let us know how it went... :happy:

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Gah. I think I am going to force myself to take a drama class when I go back to college. It will be fun to make a fool of myself and get a grade for it.

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
I've just started University and I'm going to acting classes tonight!

I've never had the confidence to try acting before. I hope that because I can empathise with people and put myself in other people's shoes I might be good at acting. I often act books out and movie scenes on my own! I'm a terrible liar though, apart from when I play Cluedo :wink: so...I will really have to work on my confidence and allow myself to become a different person.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did some drama in high school... and my teacher told me I was "too much myself", so I haven't gone back to it since...

As I child I liked both acting and directing my brother and sister, but I guess I've always been very much inside my head and never properly learnt to act it out...

i think i would enjoy it though... I so envy you...

and, let us know how it went... :happy:

My comment for my first class would be "too much not myself"
As much as I don't want you to feel that way, I will take it as a compliment. I will enjoy it to the fullest.
I will so Tell you how it goes Penchant :D

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've just started University and I'm going to acting classes tonight!

I've never had the confidence to try acting before. I hope that because I can empathise with people and put myself in other people's shoes I might be good at acting. I often act books out and movie scenes on my own! I'm a terrible liar though, apart from when I play Cluedo :wink: so...I will really have to work on my confidence and allow myself to become a different person.

You can do it! I was pretty excited for my first day in acting class. If you like to act out on characters then you will do great no doubt!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Okay so my first class was stressful. I had fun but I did struggle mostly because I have hard time getting out myself sometimes. Practice makes...something better lol. 2 1/2 hour class, I'm drained. I'm dang excited for my next class.
My feeling was always...well if I am going to risk making a fool of myself, I might as well go all out and do it with style.

This helped me not to think about others views when I acted, and to let go of myself.

I think there are quite a few INFJ actors and actresses, for similar reasons we tend to like writing or psychology. We are good at seeing how people work and getting into their heads.

Thoughtful observant people often make better actors than loud people, who do not stop to notice how people move, or react to things, or analyse human interaction. At least that is my expirence, and I think why many actors can seem shy/quirt when interviewed.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My feeling was always...well if I am going to risk making a fool of myself, I might as well go all out and do it with style.

This helped me not to think about others views when I acted, and to let go of myself.

I think there are quite a few INFJ actors and actresses, for similar reasons we tend to like writing or psychology. We are good at seeing how people work and getting into their heads.

Thoughtful observant people often make better actors than loud people, who do not stop to notice how people move, or react to things, or analyse human interaction. At least that is my expirence, and I think why many actors can seem shy/quirt when interviewed.
Yeah, I'm trying to get to that place but.. yeah all in time. I'm practicing on the acting skills book they gave me.
I believe I will get there I'm just not use to it.

I do enjoy so much. I will be taking a class on it next term. :D It would make sense for a INFJ to be a actor or actresses. I've thought that.

Thanks for your encourgment :tongue:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts