Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any INFJ's act out at all?

sometimes I think it can be healthy because we all spend so much time in our own worlds it can be very hard to even realize or know what is going on with other people.

I have thought about our dilemma too. For me I will feel really guilty for shouting or screaming or crying in front of people just because for me... it is uncomfortable. recently I have felt comfortable enough to express myself in a situation where many people were around me. lol

I sort of felt like one of those yelling bums on the venice beach boardwalk.

anyway. to make a long story short I guess it felt good, not for any particular reason except I felt I was following through with some deeper feeling. I dunno.

does this make sense to anyone or am I just on crack.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
It makes sense to me, but being rather up on the autism spectrum makes my fits of rage abit more like temper tantrums.

Mind you, they're borne of frustrations and not because I'm kicking and screaming because I want something. If I want anything at all at those times, it's a bit of space. Heh!

But yeah, that's the only way I can relate. I think finding a good way to vent is partial to a healthy mindset anyway. Do you already work out? Perhaps if you're prone to getting this angry this often, you should look into excersize or even martial arts.

Or hell, youtube videos of Jackie Chan and teach yourself. :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm a weird INFJ because I'm a lot more extroverted than other INFJ's are. I'm still an introvert because socializing physically drains me, and I'd much rather be on my own. However, I communicate fairly well, and I can "fake" it easily. I have no problem standing up for myself, but I try to avoid conflict unless it is absolutely necessary.

Does that make sense? I hope I'm wording everything the right way.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I think it's good to act out . i don't know about other infjs, and this is just for myself. but im going through a shitty time right now and i feel like i'm always trying to constrain myself so that i DONT act out. i just posted about this actually how i keep walls to keep myself IN and i'm always afraid of letting myself OUT.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Your on crack.

You need to admit you have a problem. :) kidding kidding.

I don't like to express crying in front of people, I can express me feelings like "I feel ect." but nothing to out there I'm very sutble.
However when I was a child with AHD issues (now just calm ADD if that really makes any sense, its really hard to keep my mind with one subject at a time)( if that matters)I was a lot more extraverted when i was younger. I throw fits in the middle of a store if my mom wasn't "understanding" my feelings. lol

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I try not to act out at all. I will stand up for myself and my values but I try not to act in anger. However, when things get too frustrating and I feel like people are attacking me or thinking things about that are not true, it will build up to boiling point. People just don't listen or understand. They also won't take the time to try and discuss it. They just make there decisions about whatever without consulting the one person who might actually have the correct info. They also don't take the time to try and let the one they are effecting by doing this know why it is that they are doing the upsetting thing.

I want to get addicted to working out. Hopefully that will get my mind off of the waiting for things to happen that i want to happen but just aren't. If I am worn out enough, maybe I will only have enough energy to think about things I can actually fix. I would theoretically be worry free. To tired to worry, got everything taken care of that can be taken care of simply. Anyone on the outside looking in would see perfection. Little do they know I am just effectively ignoring everything big and have given up on following Ni.

There is my pitty party.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts