Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello INFP-land!

I hope you're all doing well. I was wondering how many of you actively write (poems, books, songs, articles, fanfiction, etc..). The last few INFP's I've known have been amazing writers, with a creativity that I can't match not even in the slightest bit. IF so, what kind of things do you write?

Just curious.

Reactions: faeriegal713

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I'm not an active writer, but when I am, I write fanfiction (because I don't trust my own ideas...) or single scenes from things that come up in my dreams, so a lot fantasy overtones.

And because I have a lot of friends who are gearing up for NanoWrimo (National Novel Writing Month) that is starting on Nov 1st, I have to mention it. If you've never done it, I've heard it is one of the best ways to get your writing pens flowing and fingers typing and generally have something that pushes you to just write. You have 30 days (Nov 1st through 30th) to write 50,000 words of a story. You can't start typing it out until the first, but I think you can start outlining and doing character charts and what not prior. The basic concept is that the more you write the better you will get at being okay with just writing and going back to edit later rather than worrying about such details today.

Anywho, I figured that anyone viewing the thread would be interested in that. I know I'll be trying to do it next year when I hopefully won't have two jobs taking away 60 hours of my week so I'll have a better chance at accomplishing the end goal of 50,000 + words. :)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I'm not an active writer.

But if I was an active writer, I imagine I would write about my endeavors under the alias of a multitude different people, while keeping in a common theme to eventually create a plot for a story.

Along with poetry based on a specific experience to branch out into a forest of possibilities.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts