Personality Cafe banner

Which of the following applies most to you?

• Professionally diagnosed with ADHD hyperactive-impulsive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Professionally diagnosed with ADHD inattentive (commonly called ADD)

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Professionally diagnosed with ADHD combined

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Suspect presence of ADHD hyperactive-impulsive

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Suspect presence of ADHD inattentive

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Suspect presence of ADHD combined

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • No confirmed or suspected ADHD

Votes: 9 33.3%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello INFJ's! How many of you have been professionally diagnosed with ADHD or suspect that you have it, based on symptoms you've observed? Whether you have ADHD or not, I can certainly use your answer in the poll above! Thanks in advance for those who respond!

Here is the National Institute of Mental Health's description of the three kinds of ADHD: NIMH · Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)

If you're wondering what I intend to do with the results, check out my blog post here: MBTI Correlation Project - Blogs - PersonalityCafe

Tag me or quote me if you want to get my attention on this thread. If there's an option you would like to select, but isn't available, let me know and I'll enter your information manually if possible.

·
MOTM October 2013
6,445 Posts
Suspected inattentive kind. My dad has the same thing. Doctors have also thought it could be anxiety induced (like selective mutism, but for listening/paying attention) or a form of an auditory cognitive disability. Friends will also tell me I have a bad memory.

So I dunno! I tried medicine, it didn't seem to have a noticeable affect, and it doesn't bother me enough to test it more rigorously.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I don't think I have it but it was suspected that I did in elementary school. My motor skills weren't quite developed so I suspect that could have gave the impression of ADD. I was tested for it a few times in elementary and middle school but nothing ever came of it.

Still, I voted as suspected because I know I drift off during long conversations and I do have a hard time remembering specifics when I make plans with other people and often ask them more than once for them to repeat what they said.

Reactions: Randroth

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Suspect presence of ADHD inattentive

·
Registered
359 Posts
When I was in primary school, some of my teachers told my mum I had ADD, I was a bit hyper then but now I mostly have inattentive symptoms. I got distracted easily, talked when I wasn't supposed to (more so than the other kids), etc. This continued more or less until I got to about high school age, then it wasn't really a worry. Never got tested though.

Even now it's hard for me sit down and do assignments for more than 15 mins at a time without getting up and walking around for a while. I'm also crappy remembering details, following instructions that have alot of steps and I feel like I don't process some things as quickly as my friends.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Meditation has helped me tremendously, as well as diet. Meditation strengthens focus. Its like a focus workout.

For diet, avoid sugars and caffeine. More natural and organic the better. Eat plenty of nutrients.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts