Personality Cafe banner

Which of the following applies most to you?

• Professionally diagnosed with ADHD hyperactive-impulsive

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Professionally diagnosed with ADHD inattentive (commonly called ADD)

• Professionally diagnosed with ADHD combined

• Suspect presence of ADHD hyperactive-impulsive

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Suspect presence of ADHD inattentive

• Suspect presence of ADHD combined

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No confirmed or suspected ADHD

Votes: 6 37.5%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ENFJ's! How many of you have been professionally diagnosed with ADHD or suspect that you have it, based on symptoms you've observed? Whether you have ADHD or not, I can certainly use your answer in the poll above! Thanks in advance for those who respond!

Here is the National Institute of Mental Health's description of the three kinds of ADHD: NIMH · Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)

If you're wondering what I intend to do with the results, check out my blog post here: MBTI Correlation Project - Blogs - PersonalityCafe

Tag me or quote me if you want to get my attention on this thread. If there's an option you would like to select, but isn't available, let me know and I'll enter your information manually if possible.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
i was diagnosed with ADHD hyper/impulsive variant, it's werid that everyone thinks it has to mean i'm ditzy and easily distracted, when i'm really an obsessive attention giver of sorts. it has made life interesting in some ways i suppose!

Reactions: Randroth

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Have ADHD Hyperactive/Compulsive.
It's currently messing up my ability to cope with school. FUCK XD

·
Registered
520 Posts
my dad has adhd, i suspect i have add, i have a lot of the mild symptoms, i have been taking upon myself to test my balance of vitamins and chemical composition, when i am tuned to the levels of everything i need i tend to be very focused, (no drugs just supplements) ive seen improvement anyways.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey, this is a modified version of a post I just made at the Enneagram Type 4 forum

I saw my therapist last week, and she told me she suspects I might have ADHD. I've been seeing her for a couple of years, but this was the first time I'm completely off antidepressant medication (which I used since my late teens). She suspects this might have depressed the symptoms, and in a way it would put certain things in perspective. I'm fine on my own, but lately when I talk to others I often abandon sentences mid way and start talking about something else, like my mind loses interest before my mouth is able to convey the message. My therapist seemed completely perplexed, and I couldn't understand why communication was suddenly so difficult.

I don't know much about ADHD, and many people seem to regard it as a controversial and rather subjective diagnosis. Being 4w5, I can foresee difficulties. With my current knowledge, which of the poll options would best suit me? (No confirmed or suspected ADHD?)

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Hey, this is a modified version of a post I just made at the Enneagram Type 4 forum

I saw my therapist last week, and she told me she suspects I might have ADHD. I've been seeing her for a couple of years, but this was the first time I'm completely off antidepressant medication (which I used since my late teens). She suspects this might have depressed the symptoms, and in a way it would put certain things in perspective. I'm fine on my own, but lately when I talk to others I often abandon sentences mid way and start talking about something else, like my mind loses interest before my mouth is able to convey the message. My therapist seemed completely perplexed, and I couldn't understand why communication was suddenly so difficult.

I don't know much about ADHD, and many people seem to regard it as a controversial and rather subjective diagnosis. Being 4w5, I can foresee difficulties. With my current knowledge, which of the poll options would best suit me? (No confirmed or suspected ADHD?)
Look, ADHD isn't something that pops up out of the blue. It's a neurological condition and you're born with it. Certain chemicals not produced naturally in the body (ergo, you have to consume it or absorb it somehow) have been proven to affect the brain structure and ultimately making people exhibit ADHD or ADD symptoms, but it certainly isn't something that sneaks up on you.

Also, remember that you're an INFJ making Ni your strongest and most dominant function. Heavy Ni users like the xNTJs and the xNFJs are more than likely to experience a steady, never-ending flow of information as a result. This can overwhelm us at times and even make us seem like a very cryptic people. :p

·
Registered
56 Posts
Look, ADHD isn't something that pops up out of the blue. It's a neurological condition and you're born with it. Certain chemicals not produced naturally in the body (ergo, you have to consume it or absorb it somehow) have been proven to affect the brain structure and ultimately making people exhibit ADHD or ADD symptoms, but it certainly isn't something that sneaks up on you.

Also, remember that you're an INFJ making Ni your strongest and most dominant function. Heavy Ni users like the xNTJs and the xNFJs are more than likely to experience a steady, never-ending flow of information as a result. This can overwhelm us at times and even make us seem like a very cryptic people. :p
I must admit I've spent more time reading about the Enneagram than I have learning about being INFJ, which I'll look into.

I've given my therapist's suggestion some thought, although I wouldn't say, from what I've read online, that I could associate with having ADHD. I did daydream my way through school and was an underachiever, mainly because I had trouble studying for subjects I found boring or couldn't connect with, but I am aware of more than one factor involved.

The probability that I've become 'more' INFJ post medication is there, and the change is a adjustment. I stopped taking depressants after about a decade of use, so I'm not sure what 'normal' is for me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hello ENFJ's! How many of you have been professionally diagnosed with ADHD or suspect that you have it, based on symptoms you've observed? Whether you have ADHD or not, I can certainly use your answer in the poll above! Thanks in advance for those who respond!

Here is the National Institute of Mental Health's description of the three kinds of ADHD: NIMH · Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)

If you're wondering what I intend to do with the results, check out my blog post here: MBTI Correlation Project - Blogs - PersonalityCafe

Tag me or quote me if you want to get my attention on this thread. If there's an option you would like to select, but isn't available, let me know and I'll enter your information manually if possible.
What's with the curiousity if I may ask? :happy:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What's with the curiousity if I may ask? :happy:
Curiosity needs no justification :tongue:

Seriously though, I'm doing this mainly because I want to know more about how type plays out in the real world and get some hard data on the issue.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Curiosity needs no justification :tongue:

Seriously though, I'm doing this mainly because I want to know more about how type plays out in the real world and get some hard data on the issue.
xNFPs could be more likely to have ADHD, considering that they are heavy users of Ne and Fi. The Fi one would definitely explain some of the problems ADHD kids in school may encounter. Questions like "Why should I?" and "What if I do it this way?" are NOT appreciated by authorities in school.

Trust me, I'm experiencing that right now! :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts