Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
INFP
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently lost my job due to symptoms of undiagnosed ADHD. So I need an inexpensive resource to get an accurate diagnosis that will hopefully afford me some protections under the Americans with Disabilities Act as I search for a new job. I am all of the three hardest people to diagnose: Adult introverted female. I am looking at ADHD Online, which offers a consultation with a doctor over the internet for $150. Does anyone have any experience with this source? Can you recommend it? If not, why not? And what alternative or additional resources can you recommend?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Do you not have health insurance? Generally you'd go see see your primary care doctor or general mental health care practitioner and ask for a referral for a neuropsychological evaluation.

Some graduate schools of psychology also offer cheap or free evaluations. These are inferior to the service you'd get from a trained professional, but they might be helpful if you have no money/insurance. If you're really desperate, you can look for a community college that offers learning disability evaluations (usually in the student disability center), and register for one class so that you qualify for student services.

Free medical clinics sometimes have resources for people who can't afford this sort of thing and have no insurance.

I would not bother with an online consultation.

·
Premium Member
45,679 Posts
I recently lost my job due to symptoms of undiagnosed ADHD. So I need an inexpensive resource to get an accurate diagnosis that will hopefully afford me some protections under the Americans with Disabilities Act as I search for a new job. I am all of the three hardest people to diagnose: Adult introverted female. I am looking at ADHD Online, which offers a consultation with a doctor over the internet for $150. Does anyone have any experience with this source? Can you recommend it? If not, why not? And what alternative or additional resources can you recommend?
Go to ADD forums, they have lots of knowledge and resorsces.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts