1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you think you are funny ?

Reactions: Electra

·
Registered
55 Posts
What you think about ADHD ?
That's a bit vague. What do you want to know exactly ?

If the real question is "Do you think ADHD actually exist ?" then my answer is "yes". If your question is "Do you believe that ADHD is overdiagnosed ?" then my answer is "Yes, but mainly in the US". I'm afraid I can't argument much on this subject, though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is an interesting resarch that ADHD is caused by brain overstimulation provided by media, especially when child is exposed to them in his imprinting period (age 2,5 - 7 years).

Check this, and notice 11:20 how curiosity (motor of development) is killed by media.

·
Banned
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's sexy
Male ADHD tends to be ‘Hyperactive ADHD’ - characterised by an inability to sit still, often interrupting conversations, talking a lot, having intense emotional reactions and embarking on risky behaviours.
So
Female ADHD tends to be ‘Inattentive ADHD’, also known as ADD– the symptoms are less obvious as the individual can look like they are paying attention, but their mind is elsewhere. This type of ADHD is characterised by being disorganised, daydreaming, finding it hard to make decisions, being withdrawn or taking longer to process information.

I'm INTJ with ADHD. The thing are i hate others i don't know touch me , i can bad react like kick your ass because.

I'm non feeling sensitive but VERY ""body sensitive"" Like I you hit me , touch me or just like a friend touch me for fun surprise me or people approach me too muck make me feel suprise , with animals too , or girls touch my ass for ""fun"".( i think the last is normal )

And the thing people thing i'm crazy are the Hyper focusing
The Hyper Focusing is the best and the worst thing ever created by chaos of univers
I can work for hours and hours and hours not sleep and think only of that , but forget everything exist and forget ""important"" things i think is usless because there is a thing you like to do.

like i fall in love i just stop thinking , like a shock in my brain destroy all logic , and i think ADHD people are so fucking too much in love , my brain never have dopamine , love is like a bomb. And that can be very ""special"" thing.

And i'm too much generous , that make no sens , i'm like bad and very hard with people like a sociopath , i'm full of logic but sometimes , i can't explain that but i can feel too much empathic with people and just be good and generous but not like a girl cry on a movie , just understand with calm and understanding what people feel.

And I think over creativ , like you walk in a park or speak and imagine the futur , solution.

Its very very late at France and i go to sleep.

·
Registered
962 Posts
So many kids are misdiagnosed as having it—I have it, and it's more complex than people usually think. The ADHD brain is wired differently than a "normal" person, and has its own advantages and disadvantages.

I will say that it's not an excuse for bad behavior or poor grades. I had to do everything every other kid did in school with little to no special treatment, and I'm better off because of that. It's important for parents of ADHD children to work with their kids and not to lower the expectations for them—they need something to rise to. Parents of ADHD kids should read and learn as much as they can about ADHD to help their kids succeed.

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
Sorry to be one of those people, but I stopped having ADHD when I quit eating gluten. I think a lot of it comes down to lifestyle problems. Pretty sure my frontal lobe goes to sleep when I have gluten in my system. Even caffeine... all it did was calm me down until I quit gluten. Now it actually keeps me awake. But not just gluten. Too much sugar, and sitting around inside all day could also be factors. Or other problems, like allergies and blue light from screens. I know someone who gets the same way as me with corn.

·
Banned
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to be one of those people, but I stopped having ADHD when I quit eating gluten. I think a lot of it comes down to lifestyle problems. Pretty sure my frontal lobe goes to sleep when I have gluten in my system. Even caffeine... all it did was calm me down until I quit gluten. Now it actually keeps me awake. But not just gluten. Too much sugar, and sitting around inside all day could also be factors. Or other problems, like allergies and blue light from screens. I know someone who gets the same way as me with corn.

Kill me.

I have no problem from lifestyle , i have an poerfect lifestyle

And that not from computer and video game , That make no sens.

That genetic

When i read bullshit like its because your childhood....
Or its because your lifestyle

If you say that you never had ADHD , You never can understand my pain.

Reactions: daleks_exterminate

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Care to share your age? I've seen some live with it, but it took time to gain mastery of those methods. A former boss of mine was still dealing with it, but he was self aware and able to work constructively with criticism when it became problematic.

My oldest sone has ADD/ADHD combined type. It was awful when he was 5-9, but it got better as he entered hs pre-teens. Mostly due to CBT (therapy). It's still in there, we just work with him to become self aware, and to take in cues that others give him. We tell him to quit hating it and just focus on channeling it for good, and to be open to redirection. He tried real hard, so that helps.

Anther thing that helps is keeping his overall mood stable, shen he's dysregulated, it gets worse. His brain can only do 100%, so if 80% is focused on something upsetting, there isn't much left to channel his ADD/ADHD.

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
Kill me.

I have no problem from lifestyle , i have an poerfect lifestyle

And that not from computer and video game , That make no sens.

That genetic

When i read bullshit like its because your childhood....
Or its because your lifestyle

If you say that you never had ADHD , You never can understand my pain.
I never said people don't have legitimate ADHD. And I think I did have legit ADHD. I might still have it, actually, but my original score was like, 50 or something really high. Now it's probably more normal, and definitely more manageable. Either way, only a small percentage of the population has real ADHD, and I am also on the fence as to whether it should really be considered a disorder. It definitely gets in the way of modern life, so meds have their place, but humans aren't necessarily wired to live modern lifestyles (sitting for most of the day, lots of screen time, processed food).

In any case, don't get all offended-like. I have spent most of my life on screens, eating processed food (especially bread and cheese) and I hate exercising. Last autumn things had gotten really bad for me, and the ADHD medication I tried in the spring backfired because I was overly sensitive. I was still having trouble getting a hold of my sleeping patterns. I was trying to contact a doctor who would run appropriate tests on my thyroid, and it was taking forever, so I just quit eating gluten for a week or two and suddenly I could wake up in the morning again. I was still having trouble falling asleep, but at least I felt awake. I might still have ADHD, but caffeine affects me like normal now, unlike before medication, when I could practically fall asleep after a cup of coffee.

Now I have been tested, and I have some form of autoimmune disorder for which ADHD is actually a symptom (it's probably Hashimoto's... the doctor wasn't helpful, but that's the thyroid autoimmune disorder I had all the symptoms of). Gluten is a problem for a lot of Hashimoto's patients, too, and similar autoimmune disorders are on the rise like Celiac, and they frequently go undiagnosed. Not everyone has a form of hypothyroidism or thyroiditis, obviously, but for the ones who do, or suspect they might, there is no accessible nutrient in grains, especially glutenous grains, that you can't get from somewhere else, so I wanted to throw the suggestion out there (especially for those in the US, because it's one of the only nations where dwarf wheat is common and legal; dwarf wheat is more likely to trigger an intolerance for gluten, which can manifest beyond the usual gut irritation).

Anyway, the point is that food, lack of exercise, anxiety, and illnesses can be the root cause for many ADHD patients. It's easy to develop or worsen disorders like that when your body's cells don't have enough micro-nutrients (vitamins, minerals etc) to function effectively. The thyroid, for example, supplies a hormone called T4 that is supposed to be converted into T3, which is then transported to each individual cell, attached to the DNA in each cell, and then stimulates it. This process allows for growth and regeneration. If a person's thyroid is being attacked or slowed down, it will make a person sluggish. It is also dangerous (more so, actually) if this process is sped up. You will not be able to make T3 at the proper rate without several nutrients like iodine, B12, selenium, D and copper. Copper and iron imbalances can also affect magnesium, which is needed to make the thyroid stimulating hormone. Most people are magnesium deficient, which is unfortunate since most of the cells in your body require it for various tasks.

As for deficiencies, sometimes people are deficient because they don't eat enough nutrient-dense foods, or some people can't absorb the nutrients they eat because of a disorder, surgery or sometimes foods themselves can block you from absorbing nutrients effectively. Some people also have ADHD with no known root cause, and maybe there is no root cause in those cases, though considering that just about everyone is deficient in something, I think this is probably pretty rare. What I'm saying in short is that ADHD is probably a symptom more often than it is a root cause, particularly unmanageable ADHD like mine was.

It actually does make sense for screens to cause ADHD... video games are probably better than watching TV though, IMO, since you're using your brain. Actually video games help with Alzheimer's and stuff. But that doesn't mean that screen time can't be harmful in disproportionate doses, and unfortunately, most of us have jobs that require us to use a computer all day, and then we go home and look at a screen all day. Brains aren't naturally wired to handle looking at back-lit screens, so it can be difficult for it to keep up.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/mental-wealth/201411/reduce-adhd-symptoms-naturally-these-five-steps

And there's your daily dose of science for the day. In case you didn't get it though, I obviously do know what ADHD is like, as I have been experiencing it for all or most of my life, along with the fun disease called Hashimoto's that affects every single part of my body, including my brain. The only way I can put it into remission is to eat clean and quit stressing out or it becomes other diseases like Celiac, diabetes, cancer or some other fun thing.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
There is an antibody test for hashimoto's, my wife has it. Her Dr. wouldn't believe her for years because her TSH was only slightly elevated (2's and 3's). She finally insisted on the test and it came back positive. Applying treatment helped, but wasn't a full cure. It's still in there causing problems. Anytime her TSH gets above 1.5, she starts having troubling symptoms. 1.0 is her target, but it's always moving.

She never had ADD or ADHD symptoms. She was also tested for Celiac, didn't have that either. She is just sensitive to things. One bout of digestive problems that prompted the celiac test turned out ot be metal in the water from galvanized pipes, she got better when we moved.

Sorry for the off topic OP.

·
Banned
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I do all things you say.

Root and all the shit with that , all sport and vitamines.

f9C4aJE.gif ( GIF click on)

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
It's a real and serious mental health issue. Having been involved with someone with ADD (the hypo version of ADHD) for a couple of years, it's crazy making for partners.

·
Banned
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's a real and serious mental health issue. Having been involved with someone with ADD (the hypo version of ADHD) for a couple of years, it's crazy making for partners.
Happy to see this.

·
Registered
41 Posts
ADHD and ease of wiring/rewiring brain

So many kids are misdiagnosed as having it—I have it, and it's more complex than people usually think. The ADHD brain is wired differently than a "normal" person, and has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Indeed some kids brains ara wired differently, and on that subject is good to know that brain could be wired/rewired quite easily:

"The Brain's Way of Healing: Remarkable Discoveries and Recoveries from the Frontiers of Neuroplasticity" by Norman Doidge

Long story short. Brain could be wired by will of subconscious ming and the only problem is to make it happend witch subject is well explained in the book.

Point is that before television era there was not ADHD problem. So media are wireing kids brains thru infuluencing subconscious mind - especially the children's subconscious is very vulnerable in their imprinting period 2.5 - 7 years.

Also it`s worth to check - television and alpha state.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Indeed some kids brains ara wired differently, and on that subject is good to know that brain could be wired/rewired quite easily:

"The Brain's Way of Healing: Remarkable Discoveries and Recoveries from the Frontiers of Neuroplasticity" by Norman Doidge

Long story short. Brain could be wired by will of subconscious ming and the only problem is to make it happend witch subject is well explained in the book.
Thanks for sharing that, I'll have to check it out.

Point is that before television era there was not ADHD problem. So media are wireing kids brains thru infuluencing subconscious mind - especially the children's subconscious is very vulnerable in their imprinting period 2.5 - 7 years.
This is where I disagree with you. I agree that television may have made ADHD more widespread, but before the television era, they simply didn't know it existed; just like AIDS (even though both were still present). My grandfather was grew up poor and they didn't have television—he worked on a farm all day anyway, so even if they had, there'd have been no time for it.

He still very much had it and has it to this day. He's learned to live with it and cope, but he gets hyper-focused and hyperactive, and is ridiculously easy to distract. He doesn't even believe in it, but everyone else in my family (including my grandmother) agrees that he's got it.

And what's more, my grandmother said one of his uncles was that way, and that was definitely before television existed or before people started consuming red food coloring or all the other stuff known to cause hyperactivity.

It's extremely evident in my mom's side of the family—and they don't watch t.v. much either. It's very much a shared genetic thing for us.

It's a genetic problem that some people are born with. I believe you can heal the brain to an extent, but I don't think you can 100% rewire/fix all cases.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is where I disagree with you. I agree that television may have made ADHD more widespread, but before the television era, they simply didn't know it existed; just like AIDS (even though both were still present).
In a new study published in Scientific Reports, Christakis and colleagues investigate a mouse model for technology-induced overstimulation. We review their findings, discuss the challenges of defining overstimulation, and consider the resemblance of the phenotypes observed in Christakis et al. to those noted in genetic models of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1364661312002173

With respect, One example does not give a basis to say something.
I refer my post to statistic of tachers and parents opinions and some reserarchers as well. My previous post on brain overstimulation contains video of Dimitri Christakis where experiment the same as in video below was explained very clear, awhile hire is put the way to make it hard tu understand.

Please compare this fragments and notice that there is strong corporate cover to electronical media negative influendce on children.

Check this, and notice 11:20 how clear the experiment is explained hire....

.....and how is hidden hire.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Thanks for sharing that, I'll have to check it out.

This is where I disagree with you. I agree that television may have made ADHD more widespread, but before the television era, they simply didn't know it existed; just like AIDS (even though both were still present). My grandfather was grew up poor and they didn't have television—he worked on a farm all day anyway, so even if they had, there'd have been no time for it.

He still very much had it and has it to this day. He's learned to live with it and cope, but he gets hyper-focused and hyperactive, and is ridiculously easy to distract. He doesn't even believe in it, but everyone else in my family (including my grandmother) agrees that he's got it.

And what's more, my grandmother said one of his uncles was that way, and that was definitely before television existed or before people started consuming red food coloring or all the other stuff known to cause hyperactivity.

It's extremely evident in my mom's side of the family—and they don't watch t.v. much either. It's very much a shared genetic thing for us.

It's a genetic problem that some people are born with. I believe you can heal the brain to an extent, but I don't think you can 100% rewire/fix all cases.
I agree.

My oldest child has it (diagnosed). He was raised like a typical first child: more idealized. Little TV, and what little there was, it was regulated and carefully chosen. Also the same with food.

My 2nd and 3rd kids don't have it, and they were raised less idealistic, more typical of 2nd and 3rd kids. They watch more TV, have less supervision of what that entails, and they eat a more varied and less regulated diet.

I don't believe environment has much to do with it, if anything at all. If it did, the younger two (that don't even have it) would be worse than our oldest.

I believe it's a recessive genetic thing, not every child will get it but it can be carried by all of a blood line. My Uncle was reportedly like this, but he managed to contain it and was successful and productive as an adult.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts