Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspire other INTPs by telling tales of what you've managed to adult this morning, day, week, month, year..

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Hey, I actually swept my room. Now I'm going to learn how to use mathplotlib, not just out of curiosity, but because it'll make me a valuable addition to an intern program.

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
We managed to completely clean our baby room earlier this year...

It has since become host to "The Pile"[SUP]TM[/SUP]®©.

In other news, I found a new job that pays significantly more (which allows me to work less) and should be more interesting to work at.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Yesterday I ignored health issues (It's been unusually bad lately) to bring mashed potatoes for a big Christmas feast for work, ate a bunch of food at my cushy office job, broke it off with a guy, learned that a young co-worker passed away, consoled a coworker who knew her well and listened to sad stories - after work returned said guys stuff to his job, went to buy supplies to decorate the office and get a present for secret santa, went home, considered doing chores and said "fuck it" and played video games.

Today I stayed home because of the health issues, so I'm doing chores and realizing I don't have anything to make a decent meal... and my car insurance company decided monthly payments is for hoes and just charged me $650 (I'm splitting it between these two months) leaving me next to no money.

Virtually nothing happened the last three months before this.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I am very proud of this month!

First, I had just gotten back some very rewarding international travels. I hailed my first Uber! I even escaped my crippling social anxiety since I did not understand Italian (The awkward look of confusion from a stranger trying to start a conversation remained, but at least I had a valid excuse).

Second, I had eaten multiple salads this week, so there is the whole "living healthy" achievement crossed off my list.

Third, I have kept my car clean for 2 weeks straight. As the great Ray Kroc once said "If you got time to lean, you got time to clean"

Forth, I have avoided alcohol for 2 weeks straight after realizing that I might have a problem... *Editor note... I am rewarding myself with a nice whiskey sour... or five

Fifth, I have encouraged myself NOT to hijack the conversation when a person is talking to me.

Hardcore Adulting at its finest

·
Not a Robot
2,152 Posts
I had a salad earlier this week. Treated some people to dinner. Arranged for two small parties at my place with different people. Hung some pictures in my new home office/corner. I’m so grown:)

Edit: Oh! Oh! And I officially registered my business with the government. And I got a $100 easel for $25. Thrift stores ftw!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts