Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm definitely a homebody, I also have a sense of adventure. I like to go out and do things, experience things. If i don't get out enough I get antsy. I have found that with my other introverted friends I have way more energy and sense of adventure than them. I'm always trying to push them to go out and do things with me. far to often it fails and I feel down.

and on the flip side, I have my E friends, and minus 1 of them I'm wouldn't consider any of them too close. They generally have way to much energy and sense of adventure than me. But I have a hard time contacting them and inviting them to do things with me. I'm not sure why, but that's just how I am.

So I find that I'm sitting all confused in the middle wondering what to do more often than not. I could go out with my "shallow E friends" who out do me in the energy deptartment and i feel drained after a while with them. though I used to live with many of them so I'm totally used to it. most of the draining comes in when they introduce/invite peeps i don't know or don't care for at all. OR i can try to get my I friends to actually get out an do something and drain myself of energy trying to convince them (in vain) to go out with me.

part of the problem is that while I do have a mega sense of adventure, I have a hard time going and and doing those things without someone. even though I spend the vast majority of my time alone. Looking at it from the outside it, it doesn't seem to make much sense.

I'm not sure the point of this thread. mainly just blabbing away.

can anyone else relate to this?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Somewhat. I do have a sense of adventure, and lucky for me, extraverts stick to cliques around where I live, so there really are no real large gatherings unless there are parties (which I avoid like officers docked to clock unless it's a special occasion) though. My introverted friends are like..afraid to leave their comfort zone. Much like myself, but at least I leave the cave!:dry: I am out of it, so I apologize if this lacks that logical sense I edit some of my posts to yield.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Meh, E's tend to annoy me on those kind of events. They're always "i'm bored" or whatever and they move things a bit too fast at times.

I's on the other hand, have been great for me. Sure I won't likely see them on a daily basis or anything, but I can cycle through a couple of them and generally jam out most days of the week. They are a bit frustrating to get out, but usually I just say something like "we're going to mack on so many girls" or something to that effect, and their virgin eyes open wider. Of course, I never actually do that with them, but it seems to be a nice form of motivation.

Anyways, for your situation i'd just increase the social circle a little. Randomly txt people or MSN and just say "hey, we should hang out sometime." Almost any girl will be excited to go to a park or a little hike, maybe even something simple like tennis. The guys sometimes need a bit more motivation though...

Nonetheless, I'm a total adventurer and one of the few thrillseeking I's. So when you're in my neck of the woods Gloo, we're going to skydive or do some white water rafting. Imagine all the chicks we might see on our adventures.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I think I do have a sense of adventure but it tends to come out in short doses. Also, when I say adventure, I don't mean bungee jumping or anything remotely dangerous XD, I mean trying new things, going to new places and etc.

I would also need/want to do these things with more introverted people or just people that I trust and feel comfortable around because my taste for adventure kind of comes with my silly side, and only a few people have seen that side of me. I'd honestly really like to develop that side of me, but I feel I'd need someone to help me explore my sillyness :tongue:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Meh, E's tend to annoy me on those kind of events. They're always "i'm bored" or whatever and they move things a bit too fast at times.
I can definitely understand that. I actually enjoy it for the most part. but it can definitely be draining, and they can tend to get on my nerves if i'm the only I around. but usually i'm not. so I can just sit back and enjoy. Even if its something I organized.
I's on the other hand, have been great for me. Sure I won't likely see them on a daily basis or anything, but I can cycle through a couple of them and generally jam out most days of the week. They are a bit frustrating to get out, but usually I just say something like "we're going to mack on so many girls" or something to that effect, and their virgin eyes open wider. Of course, I never actually do that with them, but it seems to be a nice form of motivation.
I do have one I friend I've known literally my whole life. He is the one exception to this. his sense of adventure might even be higher than mine. Together we have done a lot. The problem is our schedules for a while have not played nice. I definitely prefer other I's...or an ENFx over other E's.

LOL at the mack on some girls. that is totally nothing I would ever do. If my buddies heard me say that...they'd look at me as if i had gone mad.

Anyways, for your situation i'd just increase the social circle a little. Randomly txt people or MSN and just say "hey, we should hang out sometime." Almost any girl will be excited to go to a park or a little hike, maybe even something simple like tennis. The guys sometimes need a bit more motivation though...
True, my "close" social circle hasn't expanded since HS. My shallower one expands like molasses in winter. this is definitely one place I need to improve on. It doesn't help that I have only the phone numbers of those I see pretty regularly and never or almost never use msn haha

Nonetheless, I'm a total adventurer and one of the few thrillseeking I's. So when you're in my neck of the woods Gloo, we're going to skydive or do some white water rafting. Imagine all the chicks we might see on our adventures.
LOL, You've got me sold :cool:

Sky diving is definitely on the bucket list. It looks incredibly fun and scary at the same time.

white water rafting is a blast. some great rafting here in utah.

Reactions: Lad

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I do have a sense of adventure but it tends to come out in short doses. Also, when I say adventure, I don't mean bungee jumping or anything remotely dangerous XD, I mean trying new things, going to new places and etc.
I have that thrill seeking sense of adventure. but I couldn't live my life off it. Anything novel really is pretty fun. when ever I go to a new diner I have to try something completely new. yet when I go to a classic favorite with the buddies I have my go to dish i almost always get.

would also need/want to do these things with more introverted people or just people that I trust and feel comfortable around because my taste for adventure kind of comes with my silly side, and only a few people have seen that side of me. I'd honestly really like to develop that side of me, but I feel I'd need someone to help me explore my sillyness :tongue:
This sounds like how I used to be. over the last few years I've been pretty much surrounded by E's and this has made it much easier for me to let loose around some of them to where my silly and adventurous side shines forth. yet...its still so awkward and uncomfortable. Still haven't shaken that part. I'll look back at my night after those nights and be like WTF was up with me? When I'm around these guys and meet new people apparently they think I'm just as E as the lot of them. dunno how to take that

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
heck yeah adventure...yeah i totally would drop everything for an adventure. its tempting. just about to get a new mo-ped thinking of puting some clothes in my pack and taking off somewhere.
I'm in:crazy:

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
I will own this one day and I will use it to run errands from my studio loft in Paris...

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a snazy moped. I really want to get one too.

but not a nice one. I want a crappy, double take ugly one:shocked::crazy:

Reactions: refugee

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm the exact same way, and I have the exact same problem.

I think all we really have to do is find the right friends who are the same way. Who knows, maybe some of your I friends actually like adventure, but the timing is totally wrong? :tongue:

There should totally be a website kind of like an online dating site (minus the dating) where you can look for adventure friends :crazy: Now with 20 points of adventure compatibility!

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have a huge sense of adventure. It's one of the reasons why I'm glad to live in a big city, there's always so much to explore. Traveling on the bus, viewing all types of scenery, getting on packed trains going downtown...I love it.

I have absolutely zero friends that I can invite to go adventuring with me...not even E friends. While it's always been a BIG dream of mine to go adventuring with friends, I've learned to go about this alone. Pfft.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I always get urges to just go out with no plans and see what happens but my friends never want to come along :dry: They won't go out unless it's planned, something they like and have money for.
When I ask them to go out the reply is always "and do what?"..."Anything let's just go out"..."What's the point it will just be boring?"

Argh and they moan that no one does anything anymore >.< so yea, I love to just go out randomly to find something to do, I love thrillseeking to but there ain't much here so I don't get it often. :( I would love to try Sky diving even though I'm scared of heights :tongue:

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'm addicted to it, I'm a 7, but a close 4, and I'm always trying to do something crazy just to make all the other misery and boredom worth it. Not sure if it's a healthy thing though.

·
Registered
244 Posts
So I find that I'm sitting all confused in the middle wondering what to do more often than not. I could go out with my "shallow E friends" who out do me in the energy deptartment and i feel drained after a while with them. though I used to live with many of them so I'm totally used to it. most of the draining comes in when they introduce/invite peeps i don't know or don't care for at all. OR i can try to get my I friends to actually get out an do something and drain myself of energy trying to convince them (in vain) to go out with me.

can anyone else relate to this?
Yes, I can relate! My two "close" friends are I's (well one might be a weak E, but she's quite a homebody most of the time) and it's damn near impossible to get them to do anything fun. I live close to NYC and there's so much great stuff to take advantage of, but I only go into the city maybe 3-4 times a year and it's not uncommon for me to go by myself. On the rare occasion I can actually get one of my friends to go with me it means I have to take on all the plans (coordinating travel, buying tickets, etc.) - and in the end I'm just condemning myself to listen to their complaining all night. ("Ugh, why is the city so dirty?" "You mean we have to stand at the concert? My legs are gonna hurt!" "Is it almost time to go? I wanna get home before Glee comes on.") I don't know why I bother. It's for just this reason that I never initiate plans with my friends anymore because I know we're not going to do anything fun. I can only sit around my friend's house and listen to her complain about work so many times before our get-togethers lose their appeal.

On the other hand my old co-workers were very extroverted and used to go out all the time (usually to clubs and parties) and though it kinda sounded fun and I considered it a few times I never went with them. I wasn't close with any of them and knew I would feel out of place at a party with a few people I kinda know and bunch more I didn't know at all (not to mention I wasn't interested in getting drunk or hooking up with random people like my co-workers were so that would have been awkward...)

It just sucks not having a close friend to do fun stuff with. My brother (ESTP) and his friends have taken trips to Montreal every year for the past 4 years, went to Vegas last year, took a trip across Europe 2 years ago, and go into the city almost every week. My friends and I - who have known each other since we were 6 - have never gone on a trip together because they refuse to go. I'm in my early 20s and I have no commitments in my life right now so I feel like now is the time I should be out exploring the world, but I'm wasting it because I haven't been anywhere or done anything exciting. I've been dreaming forever about seeing some other parts of the world (New Zealand is at the top my list right now), but I think I'm gonna have to do it alone or else it will never happen. I just wish I knew a little more about international travel so I don't get stuck overseas alone in some bad predicament.

(BTW, sorry for my rant. The topic of this thread just resonated with me and I had to get my feelings out.)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, I can relate! My two "close" friends are I's (well one might be a weak E, but she's quite a homebody most of the time) and it's damn near impossible to get them to do anything fun. I live close to NYC and there's so much great stuff to take advantage of, but I only go into the city maybe 3-4 times a year and it's not uncommon for me to go by myself. On the rare occasion I can actually get one of my friends to go with me it means I have to take on all the plans (coordinating travel, buying tickets, etc.) - and in the end I'm just condemning myself to listen to their complaining all night. ("Ugh, why is the city so dirty?" "You mean we have to stand at the concert? My legs are gonna hurt!" "Is it almost time to go? I wanna get home before Glee comes on.") I don't know why I bother. It's for just this reason that I never initiate plans with my friends anymore because I know we're not going to do anything fun. I can only sit around my friend's house and listen to her complain about work so many times before our get-togethers lose their appeal.

On the other hand my old co-workers were very extroverted and used to go out all the time (usually to clubs and parties) and though it kinda sounded fun and I considered it a few times I never went with them. I wasn't close with any of them and knew I would feel out of place at a party with a few people I kinda know and bunch more I didn't know at all (not to mention I wasn't interested in getting drunk or hooking up with random people like my co-workers were so that would have been awkward...)

It just sucks not having a close friend to do fun stuff with. My brother (ESTP) and his friends have taken trips to Montreal every year for the past 4 years, went to Vegas last year, took a trip across Europe 2 years ago, and go into the city almost every week. My friends and I - who have known each other since we were 6 - have never gone on a trip together because they refuse to go. I'm in my early 20s and I have no commitments in my life right now so I feel like now is the time I should be out exploring the world, but I'm wasting it because I haven't been anywhere or done anything exciting. I've been dreaming forever about seeing some other parts of the world (New Zealand is at the top my list right now), but I think I'm gonna have to do it alone or else it will never happen. I just wish I knew a little more about international travel so I don't get stuck overseas alone in some bad predicament.

(BTW, sorry for my rant. The topic of this thread just resonated with me and I had to get my feelings out.)
thank you!! this is exactly how I feel most often.

I can't tell you how many times I've had my I friends just drag me down even if I do get them out to do something.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Me too :D this is why I love this site! I have never said "me too" so many times before I've been on this forum. But yeah I like adventure, I like going out and seeing the world,but mainly only with introverts because extroverts can be extremely spastic and need stimulation at all times.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts