Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I'm breaking an unspoken rule by posting in your forum - if I am, don't respond to me XD

Anyways, my boyfriend and I are both graduating from high school, and unfortunately aren't going to the same universities next year. He's also leaving to work elsewhere for the entire summer, getting back after I start classes in the fall. For the last several months, he's been incredibly distant, practically shutting me out from anything relatively important, although refusing to say that anything in the world is wrong.

I've always viewed INFJs to be very loyal and committed to their relationships - something that I've always viewed to be a trait he had as well. However, given my INTP nature, it is completely plausible that I am simply not seeing a problem that I've caused.

What would someone have to do to make you appear so distant to your partner? Have you ever been in a similar situation, or have you ever done the same thing? Is there any way I can regain his attention?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I could make a gajillion guesses and give advice based on it, but i personally think just outright asking him would be the best. and if you really care about him and the relationship make that clear. INFJ's, if anything usually love honesty and openess. Determine whether he is worth spilling your guts, and if he is i say go for it. But only if thats how you feel.

hope i helped.

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could make a gajillion guesses and give advice based on it, but i personally think just outright asking him would be the best. and if you really care about him and the relationship make that clear. INFJ's, if anything usually love honesty and openess. Determine whether he is worth spilling your guts, and if he is i say go for it. But only if thats how you feel.

hope i helped.
You did, thank you! The only thing I can read from this is that he isn't acting normal for an INFJ - maybe he's more borderline on something than I thought. He hasn't been open about anything involving this, unfortunately, so I'm afraid I'm just going to have to let him know that my overcomplicated brain can't deal with this any longer.

Sorry for the melancholy response, you really did help, though.

·
Registered
556 Posts
You did, thank you! The only thing I can read from this is that he isn't acting normal for an INFJ - maybe he's more borderline on something than I thought. He hasn't been open about anything involving this, unfortunately, so I'm afraid I'm just going to have to let him know that my overcomplicated brain can't deal with this any longer.

Sorry for the melancholy response, you really did help, though.
or he may feel since you two are going on seperate paths that its not a good idea to put his heart on the line. just a thought.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Huh? You are welcome to post in these forums anytime you like. haha um it's probably best you ask him about it, honestly. And you know, we're loyal but I think distance can be a killer for a lot of people. I had a boyfriend when I graduated from high school. We were going to different colleges. He stayed in California while I went to Idaho. I distanced myself more on the lines that I didn't want to hold him back from anything. I didn't want him to have to wait for me. Long distance relationships are hard. But when you graduate high school it's natural that people go their separate ways. Some people stay together, but not often. But just be honest with him, we enjoy when people are open with us. However, I also would say be prepared, if he's thinking along the lines of what I was thinking, it's not going to work out. :( I hope that helps a little.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts