Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my psychology class, I have to create an experiment in the field of personality testing, and, because I'm kind of a nerd with both of the subjects, I am trying to measure supposed connections between MBTI type factors and graphology. I'm thinking that I will have somewhere around 16 basic multiple choice questions, and then 32 written response questions that allow subjects to explain their own answers more fully, which helps get a more accurate typing. Then, they will be asked to do one of those, "complete the circle" creativity measures, followed by a free-response written questionnaire about their decisions as they are stranded on a desert island (the rationale being that it would reveal certain elements of their interactions with other people, attitudes towards leadership, and society, etc. Okay, ENTJ's will probably want to kill everyone, and INFP's will run away to caves and write poetry on the walls. But I need a handwriting sample). After this, we will de-brief them, and analyze their handwriting by measuring factors that are supposedly correlated to the 16 traits in millimeters.

I am not sure if this is a very clear explanation of what I am trying to do; I am looking for suggestions as to any non-biased questions which I could use for either portion of the first section, and beyond that, any advice someone more experienced in the field might have for me as I begin to write the test, and even further, as I analyze the data which I collect.

Reactions: Donovan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The experiment is done! It went pretty well, I realized I needed to edit the test for bias while we were doing it. The actual differences between personality type and handwriting were not mathematically quantifiable. However, certain general archetypes could be found for different temperments. For example, the handwriting normally associated with effeminacy was shared between NF's, with only subtle variations. No regard was noticed for gender in handwriting. SJ's had a slightly more angular handwriting style, fairly neat. SP's were very disorganized, as were NT's, although most of the N's we studied had a larger upper zone. Any questions? Comments? What does your handwriting look like? Take a picture!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts