Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmm I didn't know if this thread existed or not, couldn't find one so I made my own.
As an ISFP with not much experience, I would like to hear any tips on dating an INFP and also your stories of dating an INFP? I've noticed he tends takes things to heart, and uses his feelings a lot more than I do.

Reactions: arwen7

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hmmm I didn't know if this thread existed or not, couldn't find one so I made my own.
As an ISFP with not much experience, I would like to hear any tips on dating an INFP and also your stories of dating an INFP? I've noticed he tends takes things to heart, and uses his feelings a lot more than I do.
I think if you ask some more specific questions it will be easier to address certain aspects your concerned about.

I cant speak for all of our type but yes sometimes its hard for me to construe humor or playfulness out of conversation. I take things said at face value a lot of the time and that has a decent possibility of taking on a negative connotation.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think if you ask some more specific questions it will be easier to address certain aspects your concerned about.

I cant speak for all of our type but yes sometimes its hard for me to construe humor or playfulness out of conversation. I take things said at face value a lot of the time and that has a decent possibility of taking on a negative connotation.
Okay.
A more specific question is how to can bring you out of your shell, make you less shy about being in a relationship?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Okay.
A more specific question is how to can bring you out of your shell, make you less shy about being in a relationship?
coming out of ones shell, becoming more self-accepting, this all happens within. only he can do that stuff.

all i would want is unconditional love.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Okay.
mysterie is right about it coming from within but I'd still say there are things you can do. Im answering this with the view that there is a decent bit of budding mutual interest between you two.

We are fragile as hell. A good amount of reassurance is necessary when you go about this with a INFP man. Even when girls give us attention or flirt with us on a level that we can sense and enjoy there always seems to be a bit of male pattern blindness and a decent bit of "Am I reading into this too much?" because honestly I do read girls wrong a good amount of the time and "romanticize" the attention shes giving me.

I still think even with INFP guys that you have to let them do the chasing but when they do take the initiative to speak with you or be sweet on you that you try to engage them enough to keep it going. I find with me that I need to be asked about myself before I share. I tend to ask and simply listen to replies rather than offer my side of it.

To be honest I'm interested in a ISFP girl myself right now and I suppose living vicariously through you might help me make things happen with her.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Okay.
If you want me to go to one of those parties with alcohol, pelvis movement, electronic music and all such monstrosities you're gonna have to drag and drug me to it.
You can't just take my shell off me. It would be like doing it to a turtle, it would be terribly confused and scared (and die, I think?)

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you want me to go to one of those parties with alcohol, pelvis movement, electronic music and all such monstrosities you're gonna have to drag and drug me to it.
You can't just take my shell off me. It would be like doing it to a turtle, it would be terribly confused and scared (and die, I think?)
haha it's kinda the opposite, I've never been to parties before and he's encouraging me to go to his, and drink lol.
It's with regards to our relationship he is very shy, and I have to take the first move all the time.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mysterie is right about it coming from within but I'd still say there are things you can do. Im answering this with the view that there is a decent bit of budding mutual interest between you two.

We are fragile as hell. A good amount of reassurance is necessary when you go about this with a INFP man. Even when girls give us attention or flirt with us on a level that we can sense and enjoy there always seems to be a bit of male pattern blindness and a decent bit of "Am I reading into this too much?" because honestly I do read girls wrong a good amount of the time and "romanticize" the attention shes giving me.

I still think even with INFP guys that you have to let them do the chasing but when they do take the initiative to speak with you or be sweet on you that you try to engage them enough to keep it going. I find with me that I need to be asked about myself before I share. I tend to ask and simply listen to replies rather than offer my side of it.

To be honest I'm interested in a ISFP girl myself right now and I suppose living vicariously through you might help me make things happen with her.
Hmmm let him to the chasing? He is doing that, but only like, via texts, when we meet he's so shy. I'm a lot more comfortable than he is, and I just want him to relax. How's it going with the ISFP girl?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts