Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am quite surprised such a thread has not started yet here.

If yourself or a relation is ENTP and entrepreneur and if you have reflected on that topic, I would be interested since I am going entrepreneur myself!

Thanks fellas!

Reactions: Schizoid and Oh_my

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Running a successful business is as much about the structure of the business as it is about the content. Actually, the stucture might be even more important, because in a sense it is the business.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Hook up with an INTJ business associate. They make a good balance. I'm an ENTP and my husband is INTJ the reasons we make a good team are the same reasons he and his ENTP business partner are so successful. ENTP has great organizational and people skills, great with big concept ideas and innovation. INTJ has great practical knowledge, works hard, sees the finer details, and keeps the easily distracted ENTP on task. They make an unstoppable team. Ever since my INTJ husband hooked up with ENTP at work, their careers have gone on the super fast track and they're doing innovative things and making a name for themselves in their field.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hook up with an INTJ business associate. They make a good balance.
Yeah I ll partner with my brother who is INTJ :D
Thanks for your confirming my thought on ENTP/INTJ partnership. Do you have any further ressources on that association?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Most of what you'll find about this combo is in regard to romantic pairings because, supposedly, it's one of the best possible romantic matches.

But there's these guys!

You might also find this helpful. It's the strengths/weakness for each and when you compare them, you can see how a lot gets done and how the two compensate for each others shortcomings.

ENTP:
-strengths/weaknesses
-career path

INTJ:
-strengths/weaknesses
-career path

PS- I threw in the career path section for each as well. I hope you find it useful.

ETA: There's a work relationship section to this article as well:
http://www.preludecharacteranalysis.com/types/intj/vs/entp

Reactions: TimeWillTell
1,162 Posts
Hook up with an INTJ business associate. They make a good balance. I'm an ENTP and my husband is INTJ. the reasons we make a good team are the same reasons he and his ENTP business partner are so successful. ENTP has great organizational and people skills, great with big concept ideas and innovation. INTJ has great practical knowledge, works hard, sees the finer details, and keeps the easily distracted ENTP on task. They make an unstoppable team. Ever since my INTJ husband hooked up with this ENTP at work, their careers have gone on the super fast track and they're doing innovative things and making a name for themselves in their field.
I was going to say the same, except in my case it's "find an INFJ to kick your butt." :laughing:

Reactions: Scarlet_Heart

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What for an INFJ? As a great wife? Yeah that would be too darn cool! But maybe you meant as a kind of 'counterbalance' in business, which I d be glad if you could precise a little bit. Thanks

1,162 Posts
What for an INFJ? As a great wife? Yeah that would be too darn cool! But maybe you meant as a kind of 'counterbalance' in business, which I d be glad if you could precise a little bit. Thanks
Oh, right. I'm married to and business partners with the same INFJ. He's great at prodding me in the, er, buttocks when we need to get things done, I provide the visionary bit and manage the creative side of things. Admittedly we're both slightly impractical in some ways, so our business teeters from the brink of one nearly missed disaster to another at times. I'm better at coming up with strategies but shit at implementing them, he's more planned but slightly unrealistic at times... somehow this works and we mostly balance each other out. And our third business partner (ISTP) does much of the routine crap we both find incredibly boring-- I'd rather brainstorm and design, my husband would rather play around with code all day long.

Reactions: TimeWillTell

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting how the INFJ is the one who codes, I thought it was more a xNTx realm. I am myself learning coding and I will be the one in charge of customer relations and the ecommerce plateform. I know an INFJ though she tried learning Webdesign but didn't make it through yet :D Sorry if I m too quick in generalizations.

Do you have office hours or you kind of are free to do whatever Ne pushes you to do?

1,162 Posts
Interesting how the INFJ is the one who codes, I thought it was more a xNTx realm. I am myself learning coding and I will be the one in charge of customer relations and the ecommerce plateform. I know an INFJ though she tried learning Webdesign but didn't make it through yet :D Sorry if I m too quick in generalizations.

Do you have office hours or you kind of are free to do whatever Ne pushes you to do?
I know an engineer INFJ (systems engineering) and a coder INFJ, they're a subgroup but definitely there. We have an office in theory, my husband does most of his work there while I prefer to haul my Notebook around and get things done wherever. Our problems, such as they are, have mostly to do with being more interested in figuring out tangentially related things than with dealing with the routine everyday part of business, which is unfortunately the foundation of any successful business. Our ISTP is very helpful! But her business sense is frankly shit, so we try to make up for this. :laughing:

1,162 Posts
Well, her business sense is not terrible, but an innovator she is not despite her protests to the contrary...

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ENTP, INFJ and ISTP coworking must be fun :D What your comment about her protesting attests very well. Do you personnally deal with customers? I know I could be good at it, but I m afraid it could be very time consuming and frustrating in the end.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Basically you managed to form a fan club within your company, ain't I right?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Or you could team up with an INTP and be lazy together. No guilt trips, no structure, no money, no nothing. The ideal life really.

1,162 Posts
ENTP, INFJ and ISTP coworking must be fun :D What your comment about her protesting attests very well. Do you personnally deal with customers? I know I could be good at it, but I m afraid it could be very time consuming and frustrating in the end.
Right now? Not much. I'm actually pretty kick ass at sales and customer service, but right now we have the ISTP run most of that side of things. It's... probably going to change at some point.

·
Registered
108 Posts
have you read tim ferris? He seems to be an ENTP and his advice is 100% entp friendly

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
have you read tim ferris? He seems to be an ENTP and his advice is 100% entp friendly
Some INTP friend recommanded his books. Especially the 5 hours week. Thanks for your advice though! I m curious to know how u interpreted it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
It's 4 hour workweek.. even better:D Well, that was A LOT of new information when I first read it 5-6 years ago, but now when I read it again not long ago it was just 'wow that guy is definitely an entp', a lot of encouragement and shortcuts to success. I just find his approach so different and refreshing compared to what most books on business/productivity etc say. We suck at structure and we need to either plan everything with this in mind, or have a trusted partner take care of all the routine from the very start. Not that we can't go the traditional route; I believe that we can do whatever we set our entp mind to, it's just that we won't necessarily be happy with that approach and will have to overcompensate for our we weaknesses.

So in a nutshell about 4HWW: a lot of shortcuts, simplification, and advice to make it work and still enjoy life as a happy spontaneous entp :)

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sure you sold that book pretty convincingly! That s my goal in life, to get a good job & a good wife a tonz of free time.
Thanks again.

May I ask then how many hours you work per week now? :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts