Personality Cafe banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
alrighty guys i have an ethical question i've been stuck on for awhile now, as a single 24 year old enfp(or for any single adult for that matter), what are your thoughts and views of dating multiple people at the same time, specifically first dates, any thoughts and ideas and reasons to either type of response to this is highly encouraged. :)
What do you mean by "specifically first dates"? Do you mean having multiple people on a date with you? It might become a bit complicated to form a relationship with multiple people at once.

·
Registered
933 Posts
What do you mean by "specifically first dates"? Do you mean having multiple people on a date with you? It might become a bit complicated to form a relationship with multiple people at once.
well, for instance my situation right now, is i asked a girl out, and she said she was hella busy for the next three weeks but would love to go out when shes free, so.... i've been questioning morally at what point would i not want to flirt with other girls, at what point would i not want to ask others out, and/or at what point would i want to stop dating others(if i were to end up going out on multiple dates, with different people.

I think so far what i've figured out...(guessed) best way to go about this for me, is to allow myself to date multiple people but only for first dates, once i end up having plans for a 2nd date with the same lady, then stop flirting/asking others out?

feel free to put in your own two cents :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
well, for instance my situation right now, is i asked a girl out, and she said she was hella busy for the next three weeks but would love to go out when shes free, so.... i've been questioning morally at what point would i not want to flirt with other girls, at what point would i not want to ask others out, and/or at what point would i want to stop dating others(if i were to end up going out on multiple dates, with different people.

I think so far what i've figured out...(guessed) best way to go about this for me, is to allow myself to date multiple people but only for first dates, once i end up having plans for a 2nd date with the same lady, then stop flirting/asking others out?

feel free to put in your own two cents :)
I think the standards you set for yourself are good. If you feel uncomfortable going beyond the second date with other people, then I don't think you should push yourself to do something you find morally reprehensible.

That being said, I think it's important to remember that even going on a second date doesn't make you exclusive to someone. I would probably say that you might want to consider asking your second date lady if she wants to become exclusive, or if she is comfortable with you both seeing other people until you're sure of your feelings.

Openness is key to a good relationship. You'd be surprised how people can be when they aren't explicitly told something.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts