Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always felt kind of lost in life, and as soon as I seem to find a direction or meaning I find out its wrong. For a while I have thought that this is only my problem, but soon I figured out thAt this is something that plagues many entps. So I want to start a forum that summarizes entp wisdom throughout the years. Older entps please just post general advice, things you have learned throughout life, and anything else you feel the younger entps should know. I feel that it will be appreciated by and help alot of people.

Honestly anything goes from what you realized the meaning of life is to tricks for getting laid .

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Not sure if I picked up on what you asked for..

1) My hard learned lesson is to never doubt your conviction just to be accepted. I am sure an ENTP can relate to that. But make smart choices.

2) No perfect person exist and it is a waste of time trying to be one. So do not torment yourself for mistakes but learn from them.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
as soon as I seem to find a direction or meaning I find out its wrong
That was my mid-life crisis, right there. I came to the conclusion that meanings are capable of many interpretations, and the true meaning of anything will look different tomorrow, or the next day. Try not to nail the meaning! On the other hand, the search for meaning is important, so keep looking, and enjoy the journey and the discoveries you make. Try to ignore the nihilistic little voice that whispers in your head after you read this that therefore Nothing is important...it ain't true.

*looks round defensively* what? You want my sage advice to actually make sense?
:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Always do what your inner intuition (called heart by people more oriented to feelings) tells you to do.

When you get to a point were you find yourself confused and without the results you were expecting remember the following.

There's no failure. You didn't fail, you just found another way not to get what you were looking for...

There's always opportunity in every corner. You just have to learn to keep your eyes opened to find them even were most people won't see them.

That's what keeps me going day after day. Believe, smile, look ahead. Life is full of surprises.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Well I'm not sure I count as an older ENTP at the tender age of 19 but Richard Branson's (an awesome ENFP I think) motto "Screw It Lets Do It!!" is sound advice.

·
Banned
106 Posts
accept others, and accept yourself. it is honestly that simple. that one piece of information clicked into my head around when i was age thirteen, and it has made my existence so much freer and more relaxed. people are not going to fit all of my standards, they are not going to be clones of myself, they are individuals and that is the entire point of humanity to begin with. crazy is subjective, it is defined as a large deviation from one's personal status quo. people are quirky, people are strange, live with it. if they are not harming you or others, there is no need to get overwhelmed and upset by them. it may sound irritating and sage-like but i assure you that simple truth will calm you down in so many different ways. enjoying people for what they are rather than disliking them for what they aren't has made me infinitely happier with the world around me.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Cat Stevens (somewhat like this):
"Take your time
think a lot
think of everything you´ve got
You will still be here tomorrow
but your dreams may not..."

Its about the same as Alfreda says, but sounds nicer when sung....(at least by mr Yussuf)

Also, do stuff that in some way feel purposeful to YOU. And accept that other people most often do not see things your way. Either from another way of thinking, or even lack of ability. That last thing is something you actually can be proud of, but it is dangerous to let it go to your head. Use that knowledge to get self confidence enough to do what you dream of (but plan it out first).

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Live and let die - There are three step to solve any problem, especially if it's a problem with another person. First try compromising, giving up something you want will often reap an even greater reward. Giving something up without gaining anything in return isn't compromising, it's being a pushover. Don't be a pushover! Second if compromising doesn't work try ignoring it, maybe it will go away. It's perfectly fine to agree to disagree and then walk away and leave it alone. If compromise doesn't work and you've tried ignoring it, but it just won't go away then, and only then, move on to step three, violence. If all else fails I guarantee hitting someone in the groin with a banjo will get results. Some people's sole purpose in life is to be a nuisance to others and the only language they truly understand is pain. Hurt them and they leave you alone. Most people can be negotiated with though.

I like to stick to old proverbs as well, there's some truth in all of them. Of course there's always the greatest advice I think I've ever heard, which is in my signature.

·
Registered
691 Posts
The meaning of life thread? The means to ultimate fulfillment?

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Here's a few of my favorite proverbs and sayings:

* Always forgive, never forget.
* Always remember, you're unique...just like everyone else.
* All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
* Life is expensive, but at least it comes with a free trip around the sun.
* Ask a stupid questions, get a stupid answer.
* If at first you don't succeed try, try again...then quit, not use being a damn fool about it.
* Sometimes a good offense is the best defense.
* Knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, crime doesn't pay, so if you keep studying you'll go broke.
* The Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Likewise, do unto others as they have done unto you.
* Murphy's Law: If anything can go wrong it will go wrong. Of course if you're ready for it doesn't matter if it goes wrong, therefore it won't.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.

Howard Thurman

If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
You need to overcome the tug of people against you as you reach for high goals.

George S Patton

As you think, so shall you become.
Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
To hell with circumstances, I create opportunities.

Bruce Lee

1 - 20 of 45 Posts