Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know when there are people who are so addicted to their idea of a "prince charming" and "happily ever after" that they start to think about their marriage the moment they meet a suitable-enough person? I found out I'm exactly the opposite. The second I (just) see someone I like, I start to imagine the whole freekish process - flirting, having sex, dating, relationship and how we wouldn't get along because I'm not interested and I don't even have time. And then I practically never go and talk to the person. Do you have any therapeutic suggestions, how to approach somebody without already imagining how the relationship won't work out? (And I never think that we could get along as friends; it just doesn't cross my mind. How to get out of the head the idea that approaching someone doesn't necessarily lead to sex?)

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Back in the younger years I said I would never marry nor have kids. Still haven't. As my parents get older and I start to reach middle-age I am now a little more fearful a being alone and the biggest fear I live with is that I will get sick and no one will save me. Selfish I guess.

No relationship/no Kids I am idealistic and marriage would be required for kids.I believe that raising kids healthy requires healthy parents not parent.

Finally, I think it comes down to taking responsibilty for our actions and till I was about 28 I was afraid to do so. Still today the fear of responsibility scares me in becoming a business owner because I can't imagine handling the stress of my business failing and people relying on my money to live and their kids too.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Stop being a coward.

Problem solved.

Reactions: Filo
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.