Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is very difficult to write but it is necessary.

I've not been feeling my best lately. I worry about my future. I worry about how I'm going to do well, for my exams. I worry if I will be able to get into the universities I want to get into.

Lately I feel as if my parents think less of me. My last report was mediocre despite me having good test scores throughout the term. This is made worse by the fact that in the comments for my favorite subject which is computers, I was told that I "have not improved as expected", although previously my teacher was happy with my work throughout the year. On top of that, for my finals in the subject, my whole class including myself save for the "class favourites" received very low marks because of lazy marking. We even asked the teacher for the marking scheme he used to mark the test but didn't turn it up. Also whole sections of the paper were not marked. I worked my ass of to try to get great grades for that test. And now it has amounted to nothing. I'm having a hard time forgiving this person.

I'm still in the holidays but whenever I try to get some work done, I fear it won't be good when I hand it in. I work and work but there is a constant fear that it won't be great. When it gets to that point, I don't want to do anything anymore.

I feel as if something is missing from my life as well but it is hard to identify it. I also speculate that there isn't anything that I'm missing, and that is just the way I'm just feeling, its too confusing.

Last night was the firs time I actually cried about my internal affairs, its just so frustrating.

So please help me out.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
@Bigbone99 while grades are important as employers do look at that sort of thing so you should try your best, doing poorly in a few classes isn't going to make or break your life. In 20 years no one is going to care if you screwed up on an exam, and I doubt you will even remember it.

I love Tony Horton's catch phrase - "Do your best & forget the rest". It really sums up the best advice I could give you. Just do your best, stay pointed in the right direction, and you will be fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks you two
@bluekitdon

You are right, I just need keep focus on what is important
@Sai

I'm realizing that I'm usually hard on myself so I should learn how to forgive myself for my mistakes.

Again thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts