Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been best friends with an entp for my whole life up until this past year in which we have drifted apart. It seems almost as in he has become obsessed with being popular and changes his personality to please those around him pushing away his old friends by ignoring them in a almost condescending manner. Recently he has started sneaking into abandon buildings with his cool friends and his grades have plummeted though he is normally an A student. It scares me because most of my life I have felt comfortable around him being an intj but recently he has made me feel insecure and unintelligent. What I really want to know is how to approach him about this since he tends to avoid close relationships. Any advice from entps or people who have excperience relating with them would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Be there and try to make him realise that high school popularity won't be as swag as he thinks it will. When you all graduate, it won't matter, and people won't care.

Don't take things he said too personally because I know how insensitive developing ENTPs can be. Just be there for him, and if he treats you like shit, tell him that you care about him and give him a little space. If he knows what truly matters I'm sure he'll come to you.

And finally just be patient with the guy. I was (am) an asshole and I know it. I also realise how difficult I am with other people, and I appreciate my friends who've stuck with me through and through. Pride and vanity is one of the biggest obstacles I have to overcome, as an ENTP, and sometimes I fall back into it... but in the end, it's all worth it. Try to get him see what really matters.

If he doesn't then you're free to whack his ass btw. :kitteh:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is really helpful, especially since I had been thinking about confrontating him some how. I think instead I'll try and indirectly show him what's important without pushing him. What you said really makes sense, I've noticed him fall in to manipulative tendancies when in conflict before so it will be better if I take a supportive role. I hope this will eventually work, thank you so much. :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
This is really helpful, especially since I had been thinking about confrontating him some how. I think instead I'll try and indirectly show him what's important without pushing him. What you said really makes sense, I've noticed him fall in to manipulative tendancies when in conflict before so it will be better if I take a supportive role. I hope this will eventually work, thank you so much. :)
You're welcome! Although ENTPs love confrontations, yeah, I think it's best if you don't, unless you tried everything and it doesn't work. He'll most likely see it as a challenge and he'll brush you off quick.

Yeah :) Just be patient with him but don't be a doormat. Once you're in that territory, there's no going back. Make it clear that you have limits too. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.