Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure whether he's ISTJ or ISFJ. It's becoming difficult, because he's getting worried that I'm not all that emotionally expressive, and he's constantly asking if there's something wrong because of it. Also, I get frustrated once in a while when he gives me straightforward answers to questions that I consider to carry a lot of weight, such as questions about meaning, reality, motivations, etc. Any advice on how to help me understand his approach better?

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Develop open communication and rapport. As you do, you will both grow in your ability to understand each other. Sometimes it is easier to do this if you plan activities where you can talk and think, and then come back to talking again. Focusing strictly on talking or strictly on an activity can make it difficult for introverts to develop ideas enough to feel comfortable expressing them.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I'm not sure whether he's ISTJ or ISFJ. It's becoming difficult, because he's getting worried that I'm not all that emotionally expressive, and he's constantly asking if there's something wrong because of it. Also, I get frustrated once in a while when he gives me straightforward answers to questions that I consider to carry a lot of weight, such as questions about meaning, reality, motivations, etc. Any advice on how to help me understand his approach better?
My bet is on him being an ISFJ. I don't ever recall worrying about a girlfriend being emotionally inexpressive. Seems logical to assume that she's happy with the relationship and with me unless she says otherwise...?

If you want detailed answers, present detailed questions. Be specific. Give him some practical context that he can work with, and establish the reasons as to WHY you think those questions matter.

Reactions: bubbamamma
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.