Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I'll go straight to the point: I'm writing a role-playing game and I want to create, as a part of the context of the adventures, 16 different cities as representations of the 16 different personality types. Each city must have a distinctive kind of architecture, clothing, weapons, way of being of the people and social context. I've been having a bad time trying to make all this work by myself, that's why I need your help.

The aesthetical concept of each city is very flexible. You can make it as magical and fantastic as you consider it would be, and it can have the aesthetics of any age of history you consider is the one that fits the best (but, please try to avoid, as much as you can, futuristic aesthetics). Make it steampunk, dieselpunk, renaissance, or whatever you want.

Another thing: I'm not making profit out of this, so, don't worry about me earning money with your ideas.

Hope you can help me. I apologize because my english writting is kinda shitty.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Here are some general ideas for some of the functions. It might be a good idea to write ideas for all of them, and then mix and match for MBTI types.

Fe - Has extremely complex unwritten social rules that are impossible for a newcomer to understand. Fe+Ni is more intuitive in terms of knowing what's right for a situation, Fe+Si is more focused on unchanging traditions.
Fi - Very individualistic - maybe there are no laws, but their schooling is mostly on ethics and it's required? Fi+Se is more artsy and down-to-earth, Fi+Ne is more abstract and philosophical.
Te - Businesslike, serious, focused on results. Te+Ni is more innovative, Te+Si is more realistic and traditional.
Ti - Thinkers. Their societies are experimental and open. Ti+Ne is more philosophical along the lines of the Ionian rationalists. Ti+Se is probably very well grounded but also open-minded.
Ne - They're inventors who experiment often, but the government is a mess that never gets anything done. Everything is new and fascinating, but all of the people are perpetually poor and hungry.
Si - Traditional and not very open to new innovations, but productive. Long-standing rivalry with Ne societies? xD Si societies would win more regularly, but Ne societies would often come up with strategies and weapons that would blow the Si-ers out of the water, before their army falls apart again.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I can't even tell you how thankful I am. Could you, please, give me an idea about Se and Ni societies?
I don't have Se or Ni, and as perceiving functions I think they're a bit harder to pin down abstractly than the judging functions. But I'll try.

Se- Living in sync with/experiencing nature? Think idealized assumptions about native american culture - for the sake of your game avoid blatantly modeling them off of native americans in any way though, I doubt that would come off well. They probably live in forests, sparingly using the land and creatures that dwell on it. Not much tradition here, just general philosophies that stay true because they work. If they have horses/riding animals they probably take any opportunity to have insanely dangerous and challenging galloping races on them. The Se-Fi society is focused on ethics much like the Fi-Se society.

Ni- Everybody's got a grand plan. Think of every citizen as a chessmaster. The government is huge and complicated. The Ni-Te's government at least has frequent casualties, and the winners/good politicians are experts at the game of xanatos speed chess. The Ni-Fe society is only slightly nicer, using the ridiculous social norms of Fe as a weapon instead of outright bloodshed most of the time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Ni-Fe society is only slightly nicer, using the ridiculous social norms of Fe as a weapon instead of outright bloodshed most of the time.
I don't understand why you say this. For example: As far as I know, INFJ are nice caring individuals that analize people and help as councelors.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I don't understand why you say this. For example: As far as I know, INFJ are nice caring individuals that analyze people and help as councilors.
Same here, I should have said that differently. I was almost finished writing, and didn't take too much time to think about that one sentence - I was having too much fun with the Ni-Te idea.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
An Se society would probably be extremely unphilosophical and its rules would be largely pragmatic and its output measured in terms of either economic progress or advances in the natural sciences, if mixed with Ti, or culture and the arts if mixed with Fi.

Some examples:
ESTP
Ancient Sparta - militarily powerful, technologically advanced but with a stoic legal-ethics system based around collective power and beating up weaker people. Inferior Ni leads to lack of spiritual output in favour of pure materialism.

ISTP
Swiss Confederation - isolationist and economically powerful, with a fierce "leave me alone or Ill fucking kill you" theme. Kaiser Wilhelmw as once said to be observing a drill of Swiss militia and asked a random militiaman: "No doubt you're good shots, but what can half a million Swiss do against a million Germans?" the militiaman replied: "Shoot twice and go home."

ENTP
United States. An "anything can happen" riches-to-rags society with an unhealthy amount of narcsissm supported by a libertarian constitution that helps the individual grow. The Ne-Ti society works wonders for technological development and economic growth but weak Fe means sometimes there is always a loser in society and the inferior Si means a fear of the past means a violent inability to learn from history.

INTP
Ancient Athens. The beginning of philosophy, but also a very unequal and oligarchical society, where inferior Fe comes to life in the form of oppressed minorities and executions of political dissidents.

ENTJ
Nazi Germany. Extremely strong Ni leads to the creation of a society obsessed with living the "national spirit" of "blood and soil" and strange pre-christian pagan archetypes, supported by an incredibly powerful scientific-military-industrial complex. Inferior Fi leads to Hannah Arendt's "banality of evil."

INTJ
Imperial Japan. A very structured society with a rigid class system that produces wonders of natural science, but beneath the surface is inspired by Ni inspired shintoist philosophy.

ESTJ
Soviet Union. Another one of those super-structured societies commanded by natural science and military power, but instead of a vague spiritual belief of its own superiority like the ENTJ Nazi Germany, the ESTJ Soviet Union sees the world only according to its subjective sensual perception; that is to say a a world ruled by the capitalist bourgeoise. Inferior Fi, like in ENTJ Nazi Germany, leads to the same "banality of evil."

ISTJ

ESFJ
British Empire. A no-nonsense polity with complex social rules and a sense of Fe-inspired "equal justice for all," except with an Si pre-determined view of the world, like the ESTJ Soviet Union's, except the complete converse. The difference between the sprawling technological ESTJ USSR and the ESFJ Britain is that Britain is ruled by a complex and difficult to understand social system whereas the USSR is dominated by the Bureaus. Inferior Ti damages the British ability to act independently of the social structure and can lead to prejudice and "white mans burden" syndrome.

ISFJ

ENFJ

INFJ

ESFP

ISFP

ENFP

INFP

I will fill in the gaps when I think of some. I hope this helped a bit.

·
Registered
517 Posts
@Diphenhydramine
ENTP
Ancient Rome - Domineering and enterprising, yet innovative and flexible.

ISTJ
Pre-Cold War United States, mostly isolationist, in many cases rather conservative and concerned with social order, but very concerned with practicality and whether things work, serves the purpose of harboring genius and producing the results rather than actually producing it.

ISFJ

ENFJ

INFJ

ESFP

ISFP

ENFP
Costa Rica, strongly dependent on external validation (tourist income), and very friendly (no military), focuses more on interaction with other nations rather than industry.

Also, I would have pegged Ancient Sparta for ISTP, it was entirely too conservative and self contained to be an E. During the Peloponnesian war, the Corinthians had to figuratively drag the Spartans to action. I would have given ENTP to ancient Athens if you hadn't already given it INTP.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I think you'll have a very difficult time finding yourself an ESFP culture, as a general rule states tend to be far less fun and peace loving than the archetypal ESFP, and any state that's likely to play the "peacemaker" role is liable to relatively isolationist, exemplar, Switzerland.

EDIT: A possibility might be the Iroquois confederacy, it was an alliance not dominated by any single member. I think what you would be looking for here is probably some sort of regional union like the Kalmar union in Scandinavia.

·
Registered
517 Posts
INFJ is also going to be difficult, because it seems what you would be looking for is a basically benevolent state that protects others. Given that it tries to protect others, it should be a state of some power that doesn't exercise it's power to subsume its neighbors. You'd probably be looking at something resembling Athens and the Delian League if Athens didn't turn the league into its empire, or the Japanese empire, minus the Great East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I picture the ISFJ society as being Oriental, with a lot of emphasis on tradition and acts of service, and reverence for the elders.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I picture the ISFJ society as being Oriental, with a lot of emphasis on tradition and acts of service, and reverence for the elders.
Imperial China post-Han dynasty?

EDIT: For INFJ, you should probably look for a European imperialist state who drank the "White man's burden" Kool-aid and conquered some third-world "for their own good", I'm thinking maybe France? It didn't exactly invent the idea, but there are certain romantic associations, at least here in the US.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
if you had to bind the societies strategically in pairs (you know, make alliances), how would you organize them?
Using ENTP as a starting point, this is how I imagine it will work:

Ne dominant-Ne Dominant: Close allies on the level of US-Canada
Ne dominant-N dominant: Allies to neutral
Stuff not otherwise specified: Can go either way
Ne dominant-Ne Inferior: Bitter enemies
Ne dominant-Ni inferior: Probably allied with each other's bitter enemies.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I am too new to MBTI to feel competent enough to add anything relevant. But I did want to say that I admire this thread. To the original poster, @94032200081, I wish you luck with your role-playing game. Ingenious! I also loved reading the knowledgeable comments some people here made. :happy: I don't know anyone in real life who would help me out if I would ask them for help on coming up with ideas. They would just stare. lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts