Personality Cafe banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
@Diphenhydramine

Except the Soviet Union was a highly disfunctional society. The whole thing was an efficiency nightmare.

For ESTJ, I'd venture Genghis Khan's Mongol Empire. The whole empire was built on a straightforward, no nonsense policy. Invade, kill, conquer, and move on. Heartless, to say the least, but very effective.

For INFPs, I'd say the island of Tristan de Cunha. It's a tight knit group of people who live on an island where nearly everything is communally owned. It's not it's own country, but it's distinct in the way it approaches life. I would expect an INFP to like much of the political/economic ideals they have.

Reactions: bromide

·
Registered
208 Posts
I would imagine ENFJ's as either native americans, a lot of small, close-knit tribes where everyone knows everyone... or else a hippie commune! VW Campervans everywhere!!! =P

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I would imagine ENFJ's as either native americans, a lot of small, close-knit tribes where everyone knows everyone... or else a hippie commune! VW Campervans everywhere!!! =P
I think that what you are describing fits ENFP better. I see ENFJ as a society that may seem happy and nice, but that in its insides is dark and corrupted, like the society that Jim Jones built around his cult.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Oh, and my idea for an ISTJ society:

Despite outward appearances, ISTJtopia is not that interested in tradition for its own sake (that's more for the EFJs and ETJs), but simply is worried about societal change. It's outer walls are thick and well guarded, but inside lives a thriving cultural scene. ISTJtopia favors a direct democracy, as it feels that this best represents its true interests.

Edit: Ehhh... actually, direct democracy is more of an extroverted idea. Introversion put into a city sounds more like a sort of autocracy. I could explain either, but direct democracy just fits so well for extroverts that I'm inclined to make ISTJtopia a benevolent dictatorship.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
@Owfin - that sounds absolutely dreadful. Every dictatorship thinks they're a "benevolent" dictatorship, nobody thinks they're the bad guys.
Well, I'm not saying that that's a good form of government real world style or even one that ISTJs are inclined to like (heck, I don't think I'd like the idea of living in ISTJtopia at all), but that as a representation of cognitive type, extroversion as a collective and introversion as a single ruler seem sensible to me.

If the point of this was to design a society that members of that type would most like to live in... *goes back to drawing board*

·
Registered
208 Posts
When I was talking about ENFJ's being either Indians or hippies, I meant more about the free loving and the tribal nature rather than the hugging trees, close to nature stuff =)

However, I quite liked the idea of a cult... like we seem like the best place to live ever, until you upset the balance and then all of a sudden you're running for your life!

Either that, or I think we could do the role that Maesters play in George R R Martin's Song of Ice and Fire, and just be trained in one place for about 20 years and then sent to the rest of the cities to help and support the ruler(s) in those other cities!

Whichever way you go about it, you have to give us an awesome spy network to reflect our awesome chameleoning skills! XD

·
Banned
1,833 Posts
Oh oh, this is interesting xD

I really liked @Marlowe's ideas for INFP-land. I'd imagine it as a culture with a very informal legal system, an anarchist/communal/pacifistic sort of society, low populace, high value on artistic endeavors, and low amounts of deviant behavior/criminal activities. Also very, very easy to conquer so to have existed as a stable society for any amount of time, they'd have to have alliances with their neighbors or be very isolated, a rather remote island would be a good way to go.

INTJ-land would be fun, high value on logic and rationality, technologically advanced, known for precision and expertise. Any gadget they'd produce would be likely be known for being the best in the world; like if you were in the market for a hoverboard you'd want to buy one that was produced by the INTJs. Lots of academic endeavors, I can see there being a renown university there with lots of contentious jerk professors all at each others throats sure that their own theories were correct.

I could see ENFP-land being full of traders and merchants, the sort of society which breeds people who are open, boisterous and will talk your ear off all the while egregiously overcharging you on delicate ISFP-woven silks. I see them as the sort of culture where there is a synthesis of noisy friendliness and shrewd political acumen, the subtle pullers of strings who never have to go to war because they know how to get on with everyone, but know how to get what they want at the same time.

If I think of more, I'll add them :3

Reactions: CaféZeitgeist

·
Registered
517 Posts
Well, I'm not saying that that's a good form of government real world style or even one that ISTJs are inclined to like (heck, I don't think I'd like the idea of living in ISTJtopia at all), but that as a representation of cognitive type, extroversion as a collective and introversion as a single ruler seem sensible to me.

If the point of this was to design a society that members of that type would most like to live in... *goes back to drawing board*
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that sounds very unappealing. From my imperfect understanding it seems as though ISTJs are very concerned with utility and making sure that the machine works, so I suppose some proto-fascist society like Mussolini's Italy or Francisco Franco's Spain would be applicable.
@bromide - I liked the idea of Japan for the archetypal INTJ society, very structured and practical, but with philosophical leanings.

·
Banned
1,833 Posts
@bromide - I liked the idea of Japan for the archetypal INTJ society, very structured and practical, but with philosophical leanings.
Using real cultures isn't nearly as fun as making stuff up though. :sad:

21 - 33 of 33 Posts