Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rememeber having an affinity with snakes when I was younger. I now kind of shudder to think of the wird kinship I felt with them...almost like that of a familliar spirit...but to this day I am obsessed with serpantine(?) imagery. I think this has something to do with a general aethetic preference for the mysterious, fantastical, and slightly dark...a prediliction that pervaded my artistic taste as a child and to a lesser degree to this day. I know, this seems really random and you probably all think I'm on crack, but I was wondering whether or not any INTP's shared a fascination with serpents or at least the darkly mysterious generally.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Depends. What kind of dragon?
The ones that most everyone thinks of when they are told to imagine a dragon. Red ones. Which fly and belch fire. (as opposed to the various lizards and other cold blooded crits that have dragon in their name)

Actually, I have this theory that dragons are more than supposed myths, and I was just talking about this with someone the other day.

Reactions: Fiddler

·
Registered
290 Posts
I remember when i was younger at around age 2 or 3, one of them, i use to play with those small snakes, and really just use my imagination and think. I dont remember what i thought about but i know i use to just study them, also praying mantis. I remember grabbing grasshoppers and putting them in a red ant pile, and watch the ants pile up on it and eat it.

I use to be a weird kid when i was lonely. Some claim I still am lol.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The ones that most everyone thinks of when they are told to imagine a dragon. Red ones. Which fly and belch fire. (as opposed to the various lizards and other cold blooded crits that have dragon in their name)

Actually, I have this theory that dragons are more than supposed myths, and I was just talking about this with someone the other day.
Hm...well it's more mainstream but I guess we can count it.

I remember when i was younger at around age 2 or 3, one of them, i use to play with those small snakes, and really just use my imagination and think. I dont remember what i thought about but i know i use to just study them, also praying mantis. I remember grabbing grasshoppers and putting them in a red ant pile, and watch the ants pile up on it and eat it.

I use to be a weird kid when i was lonely. Some claim I still am lol.
Son't let the Feelers know about that!:tongue:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Snakes? Specific snakes, yes, but otherwise don't care for 'em much. But cats, on the other hand...

Reactions: nevermore

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Snakes? Specific snakes, yes, but otherwise don't care for 'em much. But cats, on the other hand...
Yeah, I love cats too.:happy: A lot of people think they're unfriendly, but I seem to have a way of charming them. It's an INTP stereotype, isn't it? Maybe the're attracted to our calmness????

·
Registered
32 Posts
My boyfriend is an INTP and he has a snake (rattle variety me thinks) tattoo covering his entire back. He says he was just drawn to it and liked the way it looked (the rendering he got tattooed that is).

Just my 2cents...

·
Registered
314 Posts
I love snakes :) When I was little I caught one and put it in tank. I then caught a frog and put it in with the snake for it to eat...my mom came over right when the snake had grabbed the frog and had it half way into it's mouth. She loves frogs so she felt bad and pulled the frog out of the snakes mouth while I screamed in the backround "No!!! Don't do that! It's his food!!" lol...it was pretty tramatizing for me :crazy:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the same thoughts towards snakes, serpents and reptilian figures. I find them truly fascinating on every level and I continuously find myself drawing them. I especially find Dragons interesting, as a young child I drew them every single day. My parents always pushed me to draw something happier but, that's what made me happy.
That's what kept my artistic motivation, and I always feel inspired when I find a picture of them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love dragons, snakes, reptiles all around. Cats also love me for some reason even though it feels like dogs hate me except huskys.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts