Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! :D
I've been into mbti for like 6 months now and I cannot decide which type I am. At first I got INTP but I felt like something was off. My friend says the ENFP description fits me well but then, I'd have to be a very weird ENFP since all ENFPs I met are really extra and I'm not like them. And I asked only one friend who is also a little bit into mbti. I don't want to bother my other friends since they don't enjoy the mbti.
But when I wonder if I'm not INFP just the whole Fi dom doesn't suit me. Maybe I'm sensor after all? I scored IXXX quite often but I feel more like an extrovert (well, ambivert but I really enjoy people company and I start to feel bad when I spend too much time alone).
So I was searching for my type and I've already change my mind on what type I am like 6 times. I usually score quite high on N and P and my E/I and F/T are borderline nor can I decide which are my cognitive functions. I often get Ne and Ni, though but I don't feel like my Se is high. I just can't tell which is my type.
So please, good people out there, help me c;

I've found a questionnaire and my answers are:

You need to build a pyramid exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?
Firsty, I need analyze how the piramids look like, how they were build, what materials were used, who can help me with planning, who can build it, do I really need people or machines can do this, but then even if machines can be useful, people are still needed. Do the piramds need to be 1:1 copy? And then probably the thought kicks in:"why the hell do I need to build a piramid?"

You need to put your home library in order. How do you feel about this activity? How will you approach this task?
I'd be quite enthusastic at first, take all of my books of bookshelves, put them on a ground and then spend 1-3h thinking how should I arrange them, probably asking my friends about their opinions. I tend to rearange my library every 3-4 months because I get bored of the way books are placed and the last time I did it, I put them in rainbow order. I often just pick randomly how I'm gonna do things.

What is beauty? Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion?
Beauty is subjective and a kind of abstract term imo. I don't have any guideliness of what is beautiful and not. It's just the entire picture (it can be a person or a painting, music, and so on) that is beautiful, so my understanding of beauty is quite flexiable. And no, not really. I am usually the one who doesn't fancy most of stuff people around me find beautiful.

What is comfort? What is coziness? How do you create your comfort and coziness? How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?
It's when you feel so good you don't feel bound by anything, it's when you say what's on your mind comfortably, laugh comfortably, cry comfortably.
Cozinnes is more about physical comfort. There're lots of fluffy cushions on a bed, there's a fireplace, you can sit and wrap up in a soft blanket.
Comfort isn't something I create, I feel like it creates itself. I create coziness by adding lots of details in my flat - lots of small things that give the positive atmosphere and I think I'm good at it because people often give me compliments saying that my flat is really cozy.

How do you pick your own clothes?
I just buy clothes that I like and then, I try to make a passable outfit. My style is a little bit different and to be honest, I'm not a big fashionista. But I enjoy creating outfits and new clothes in my head.

Tell us how you'd design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?
Definetly I'd to this by myself - from painting the walls to choosing the decorations. I simply enjoy doing it. Mostly bright colours (preferably yellow and/or green, maybe orange or red) and white. But I find dark offices really appealing. Loys of books and a big, leather armchair. And a big desk, of course.

What does "my people" and "strangers" mean? When do "my people" become "strangers" and why?
My people are the ones who are somehow important to me. Strangers are those who I don't know yet. Sometimes people just change and don't get on well anymore but even though we're not close anymore it doesn't mean they're strangers. Strangers aren't or weren't very important to me in anyway.

Give us your understanding of love. Can you love and punish at the same time?
Love is when person cherish another person so much that they're willing to give anything up in order to help the other person and make them happy. When you love someone you want them to grow even though growing comes with hardships. Loving sometimes means punishing.

What is sympathy? When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to?
Sympathy is when your friend is sad and you're sad, too. I tend to be like a sponge when it comes to emotions. When people are sad, I can't stay happy even though I tend not to externalize it. I also deeply care about my friends and relatives. And I am a little confused by the last question. Why would be expressing symapthy be a bad thing? Unless your life depends on it, it's nothing wrong.

"Whole world does not cost one tear of child" – how do you understand this phrase? Do you agree with this opinion?

*includes spoiler about ending of Life is Strange*

I think it means that child's saddness is the worst thing and whole world is worthless in comparison to child's smile. Well, not really. I really like children and taking care of them and I just adore children playfulness and honesty but sometimes we have to sacrifice something. Like in the game Life is strange, at the end we have to choose if we let Chloe live and all of the people in the town die or Chloe dies but people survive. I would let others live even though the death if one of my best friends would be the worst thing, sometimes we have to think about others and choose what is better for all, not only for us. And plus, you can't be sure if Chloe won't die the very moment you leave the town. She's almost died so many times that maybe she just have to die? The last thought is a bit off-topic, though.

Do you track what mood you are in throughout the day? Do you notice the mood of others?
Not really, even though I tend to "live" my emotions. But if we count hunger as mood then surely I am aware of my mood. XD I'm not able to just evoke my emotions everytime I feel like it. I'm feeling the moment it's happening and when the moment is over, the emotion is over, too. But I'm able to notice the mood of others even though I don't do anything with it. When I look at the person I just can tell they're tired or sad but me being a bad person I am ;) I just don't do anything to change that unless neccesarry. When my family happens to have a fight I am usually the one who tries to lighten the mood and when it's not possible, I try to make peace. I listen to both of the sides and try to make them understand their points of views because I don't enjoy when people, especially my family, argue. Of course, debates are awesome but fights are nah-ah.

How people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes?
They become better or worser people. Well, I enjoy changes but it makes me feel sad everytime I see someone plum the depths. But then, everyone has their life in their hands. And yes, people see the changes. Although, sometimes we don't notice some changes that happen deep down in a person.

What is time? How do you feel time? Can you "kill" time? How?
Neither know I what's the time. Sometimes I'm more aware of the time than other times but I'm not the person who feels how the time passes by. And I don't kill the time because I'm always busy, I often wish I had more time to learn new things and I don't really get my friends who say they're bored. I don't even have time to sleep because there're still so many intereting things to get to know and you're telling me you have too much time?

What should be done so people can be happy?
Worrying less and being more others oriented. People worry too much about insignificant stuff and they tend to think only about themselves, living in the world of their own problems and their own stuff.

What is more important in life – to be a good person or be a successful one? Why? Is a good person always successful? If not, then why?
I think that you can't be successful when you aren't good. What is success if you hurt others? You can't build your happiness nor real success on others misery. Those questions are like: "Can love exist without friendship?" One thing can't exist without another.

That's the end. I hope anyone will like to share their opinion. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
54 Posts
You need to put your home library in order. How do you feel about this activity? How will you approach this task?
I'd be quite enthusastic at first, take all of my books of bookshelves, put them on a ground and then spend 1-3h thinking how should I arrange them, probably asking my friends about their opinions. I tend to rearange my library every 3-4 months because I get bored of the way books are placed and the last time I did it, I put them in rainbow order. I often just pick randomly how I'm gonna do things.
Ne/Si

What is comfort? What is coziness? How do you create your comfort and coziness? How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?
It's when you feel so good you don't feel bound by anything, it's when you say what's on your mind comfortably, laugh comfortably, cry comfortably.
Cozinnes is more about physical comfort. There're lots of fluffy cushions on a bed, there's a fireplace, you can sit and wrap up in a soft blanket.
Comfort isn't something I create, I feel like it creates itself. I create coziness by adding lots of details in my flat - lots of small things that give the positive atmosphere and I think I'm good at it because people often give me compliments saying that my flat is really cozy.
Si

Tell us how you'd design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?
Definetly I'd to this by myself - from painting the walls to choosing the decorations. I simply enjoy doing it. Mostly bright colours (preferably yellow and/or green, maybe orange or red) and white. But I find dark offices really appealing. Loys of books and a big, leather armchair. And a big desk, of course.
Si and maybe some Fi

Sympathy is when your friend is sad and you're sad, too. I tend to be like a sponge when it comes to emotions. When people are sad, I can't stay happy even though I tend not to externalize it. I also deeply care about my friends and relatives. And I am a little confused by the last question. Why would be expressing symapthy be a bad thing? Unless your life depends on it, it's nothing wrong.
sounds Fe. Fi puts themselves in the other person's shoes but Fe is very much a sponge. At least to me.

Do you track what mood you are in throughout the day? Do you notice the mood of others?
Not really, even though I tend to "live" my emotions. But if we count hunger as mood then surely I am aware of my mood. XD I'm not able to just evoke my emotions everytime I feel like it. I'm feeling the moment it's happening and when the moment is over, the emotion is over, too. But I'm able to notice the mood of others even though I don't do anything with it. When I look at the person I just can tell they're tired or sad but me being a bad person I am ;) I just don't do anything to change that unless neccesarry. When my family happens to have a fight I am usually the one who tries to lighten the mood and when it's not possible, I try to make peace. I listen to both of the sides and try to make them understand their points of views because I don't enjoy when people, especially my family, argue. Of course, debates are awesome but fights are nah-ah.
some Ne

Neither know I what's the time. Sometimes I'm more aware of the time than other times but I'm not the person who feels how the time passes by. And I don't kill the time because I'm always busy, I often wish I had more time to learn new things and I don't really get my friends who say they're bored. I don't even have time to sleep because there're still so many intereting things to get to know and you're telling me you have too much time?
could be seen as Ne and Ti

Worrying less and being more others oriented. People worry too much about insignificant stuff and they tend to think only about themselves, living in the world of their own problems and their own stuff.
Fe
I'd say ENTP or INTP. If you feel you need to withdraw to recharge your energy for a bit when you're in a conversation or with others then you are most likely an introvert.

·
Registered
52 Posts
@Rohese

Hello. I am lurking around here for my own thread, so I thought I’d give your thread a go. Not that good at typing yet, but what better way than to just hop in?

You need to build a pyramid exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?
Firsty, I need analyze how the piramids look like, how they were build, what materials were used, who can help me with planning, who can build it, do I really need people or machines can do this, but then even if machines can be useful, people are still needed. Do the piramds need to be 1:1 copy? And then probably the thought kicks in:"why the hell do I need to build a piramid?

What is beauty? Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion?
Beauty is subjective and a kind of abstract term imo. I don't have any guideliness of what is beautiful and not. It's just the entire picture (it can be a person or a painting, music, and so on) that is beautiful, so my understanding of beauty is quite flexiable. And no, not really. I am usually the one who doesn't fancy most of stuff people around me find beautiful.

How do you pick your own clothes?
I just buy clothes that I like and then, I try to make a passable outfit. My style is a little bit different and to be honest, I'm not a big fashionista. But I enjoy creating outfits and new clothes in my head.

What does "my people" and "strangers" mean? When do "my people" become "strangers" and why?
My people are the ones who are somehow important to me. Strangers are those who I don't know yet. Sometimes people just change and don't get on well anymore but even though we're not close anymore it doesn't mean they're strangers. Strangers aren't or weren't very important to me in anyway.

Give us your understanding of love. Can you love and punish at the same time?
Love is when person cherish another person so much that they're willing to give anything up in order to help the other person and make them happy. When you love someone you want them to grow even though growing comes with hardships. Loving sometimes means punishing.

"Whole world does not cost one tear of child" – how do you understand this phrase? Do you agree with this opinion?

*includes spoiler about ending of Life is Strange*

I think it means that child's saddness is the worst thing and whole world is worthless in comparison to child's smile. Well, not really. I really like children and taking care of them and I just adore children playfulness and honesty but sometimes we have to sacrifice something. Like in the game Life is strange, at the end we have to choose if we let Chloe live and all of the people in the town die or Chloe dies but people survive. I would let others live even though the death if one of my best friends would be the worst thing, sometimes we have to think about others and choose what is better for all, not only for us. And plus, you can't be sure if Chloe won't die the very moment you leave the town. She's almost died so many times that maybe she just have to die? The last thought is a bit off-topic, though.

How people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes?
They become better or worser people. Well, I enjoy changes but it makes me feel sad everytime I see someone plum the depths. But then, everyone has their life in their hands. And yes, people see the changes. Although, sometimes we don't notice some changes that happen deep down in a person.

What is more important in life – to be a good person or be a successful one? Why? Is a good person always successful? If not, then why?
I think that you can't be successful when you aren't good. What is success if you hurt others? You can't build your happiness nor real success on others misery. Those questions are like: "Can love exist without friendship?" One thing can't exist without another.

That's the end. I hope anyone will like to share their opinion. Thanks in advance!
You’re giving me a slight INFJ vibe, actually. You talk about planning through people, you suggest that you cannot really evoke emotion within yourself but you can always feel what others are feeling (Ni/Fe axis), which explains why you think your Fi is not there.

Your thoughts about Life is Strange and other flashes suggest a strong Ti.

I don’t get an overly big sensing vibe with you, particularly considering that you don’t like to define or overly extrapolate beauty, along with some other signs.

I don’t know 100%, as you also exhibit some Te and Si, and Ni can be subjective. But being INFJ is also possibly the reason you are chameleon-ing as quite a few other types. I am going to guess INFJ; it’s my gut feeling. :)

If I had to guess anything else, maybe INTP, as you have a strong Ti and you may be using your Ne/Si to create a strong Ni vibe, for me.

·
Registered
344 Posts
So please, good people out there, help me c;
I pretty much agree with @La Bella Luna . You pulling all the books off the shelf and then spending 1-3 hours thinking about it is anti-Se to me. Se wants to do. Hands on, trial and error. My approach is typically to think about it for a few minutes, and then start arranging. Part way through, I'll realize what I'm doing isn't quite working, and then switch up. This may happen several times during the process as my Ti mind recalculates.

@Bergapten analysis is possible since it gives inferior Se, but I can't see your Se being any higher than that, so either not present or inferior, as he suggested.
I will admit that you did appear to display strong Fe. And I've noticed inferior Se users to get very into decorating, especially with brighter colors or lots of contrast.

Try this for determining Ne/Si vs Ni/Se: http://personalitycafe.com/cognitiv...ew-simple-way-determining-ne-si-vs-se-ni.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank all of you for your input!
@La Bella Luna
If I had to choose, I'd definitely go for extrovert. Now, I'm a bit shy but I really enjoy socializing. I'm the one who writes a lot in upper case when texting but I don't really enjoy texting. It's better to hang out. When I was a child I just couldn't shut up, one of my favorite games was talking non-stop till my Mum just asked me to stop (what a mischievous child xD). I didn't know you? It didn't matter, we could talk anyways especially if the person was an adult. My parents were sometimes quite annoyed with me because I wanted to tell EVERYTHING I knew to everyone and I had no filter. I still don't have it, though. And I asked why all the time. I still want to know stuff just for the sake of knowing. It doesn't matter I won't need it, I'm the one who has a survival manual app on phone. I remember I wanted to have younger siblings so I could teach them all I knew and so they would look up to me.
@Bergapten
Idk if it's possible but I might giving a slight INFJ vibe since one of my closest friends are INFJ and INTJ. I generally enjoy interacting with INXJ (I'm not sure if I know any ENXJ), INTP (INTP are awesome but INFP can drive me nuts sometimes), ENXP. I enjoy talking to sensors, too but ISFJ are quite tiring for my liking. Or at least the ones I know.
Well, when I think about it INTP is also possible but my INTP friend calls herself a professional hermit and I'm quite sure I'd go crazy without people. And I wished I could focus on one hobby as she does - I just get bored easily and leave work half-done, go to another project and then come back to the previous one when I get bored of other thing.
@Hunter1611
If I had inferior Se, it probably wouldn't be so visible since I'm still in high school so my inferior function is almost nonexistent. When stressed, I tend to do the cleaning, like on daily basis I don't bother at all. I always know where I can find a thing I look for. And the last time I cried when I was ill and I felt really bad (it was just a flu but I sometimes tend to exaggerate. I also cried watching a stupid movie for kids because I admired how they showed the kid's imaginations. Beats me why, I am usually the one who's cold-hearted and I stay calm when others freak out).

Ne/Si user - This reminds me of the last time we went to 7-Eleven and Twenty One Pilots was playing on the speakers and they didn't have the candy I wanted, remember how pissed we were? [emphasis on detail, no extraction of underlying meaning]

Se/Ni user - I got a feeling this 7-Eleven isn't gonna have the candy because they usually don't have it there. I don't know why I got this gut feeling but I just know it won't be there. [emphasis on the underlying meaning of the past, ignored the actual details]
Well, Se/Ni fits me better - I am often not able why I know something it's just gut feeling. (I even asked my friends and they said Se/Ni is much like me - 'I don't know why but...' is something I would say)
Although I chose Se/Ni, I'm not sure if Ne/Si isn't better choice (now, I'm gonna say some stuff which I'm not sure if is Ne or not, it might not be even connected to the topic) since I often rely on my ability to improvise, especially when I have exams. I can just somehow write something that makes sense even when I don't know a thing about the topic. I'm usually at top of my class - not number one but I'm certain I could be first if I only wanted to but doing homework isn't appealing at all unless it's something interesting and ways in they teach us at school bore me to death. Ne/Si just makes more sense to me.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Te and Se are decisive. You almost certainly are not, which means those two functions are not in your primary stack. INTP is Ti+Ne+Si+Fe which fits accordingly. Being unsure of your type after six months is not something anyone with a primary or even auxiliary Te or Se function would relate to. More than likely, they would decide on a type and then if it was inaccurate, adjust once presented with appropriate evidence. I'm ISTP so I share your dominant function, but unlike you I have Se instead of Ne which means I can only entertain analysis long enough to do something with it, otherwise I feel compelled to move on.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
6 months is too soon yet.
dealing with a broken relationship is hard, specially if you didn't want it to end. i believe it will take at least 24 months to recover from it totally, that means no pain when seeing his/her pictures, or hearing about her/him, etc. what i recommend is you go out and party as much as you can, find new hobbies, meet people and time will do the rest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts