Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this insane tendency to stand my ground and rebel when I see someone or a group of people doing something I find morally wrong, especially if it is people in charge. I get this rush, I become really aggressive towards those people or the person and will defend others and myself with a perceived strength that I can only describe as pushing against a huge river and making progress forward, the feeling that nothing could stop me in my quest to do the right thing.

Times like that I become really extroverted, I'd compare it to an ENFJ maybe, not sure.

What is this? Is it specific to an ennegram type or some other mbti type?

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
ive gone against all of my friends on topics i find morally wrong because i have no intention of following a crowd that dosent line up with my core beliefs

also i get into trouble on occasion in cadets because ill pull up a superior officer which is bad juju but they seem to respect me a bit more because of it even though they slay me (metaphorically) initially XD

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive gone against all of my friends on topics i find morally wrong because i have no intention of following a crowd that dosent line up with my core beliefs

also i get into trouble on occasion in cadets because ill pull up a superior officer which is bad juju but they seem to respect me a bit more because of it even though they slay me (metaphorically) initially XD
I did some reading about this and it turns out it is a very INFJ thing to do.

Here is a good description:

Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life. Those who are activists -- INFJs gravitate toward such a role -- are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power.

INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden. They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress. INFJs may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless. The concept of 'poetic justice' is appealing to the INFJ.

"There's something rotten in Denmark." Accurately suspicious about others' motives, INFJs are not easily led. These are the people that you can rarely fool any of the time. Though affable and sympathetic to most, INFJs are selective about their friends. Such a friendship is a symbiotic bond that transcends mere words.

INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately.

Writing, counseling, public service and even politics are areas where INFJs frequently find their niche.

Introverted iNtuition
Introverted intuitives, INFJs enjoy a greater clarity of perception of inner, unconscious processes than all but their INTJ cousins. Just as SP types commune with the object and "live in the here and now" of the physical world, INFJs readily grasp the hidden psychological stimuli behind the more observable dynamics of behavior and affect. Their amazing ability to deduce the inner workings of the mind, will and emotions of others gives INFJs their reputation as prophets and seers. Unlike the confining, routinizing nature of introverted sensing, introverted intuition frees this type to act insightfully and spontaneously as unique solutions arise on an event by event basis.

Extraverted Feeling
Extraverted feeling, the auxiliary deciding function, expresses a range of emotion and opinions of, for and about people. INFJs, like many other FJ types, find themselves caught between the desire to express their wealth of feelings and moral conclusions about the actions and attitudes of others, and the awareness of the consequences of unbridled candor. Some vent the attending emotions in private, to trusted allies. Such confidants are chosen with care, for INFJs are well aware of the treachery that can reside in the hearts of mortals. This particular combination of introverted intuition and extraverted feeling provides INFJs with the raw material from which perceptive counselors are shaped.

Introverted Thinking
The INFJ's thinking is introverted, turned toward the subject. Perhaps it is when the INFJ's thinking function is operative that he is most aloof. A comrade might surmise that such detachment signals a disillusionment, that she has also been found lacking by the sardonic eye of this one who plumbs the depths of the human spirit. Experience suggests that such distancing is merely an indication that the seer is hard at work and focusing energy into this less efficient tertiary function.

Extraverted Sensing
INFJs are twice blessed with clarity of vision, both internal and external. Just as they possess inner vision which is drawn to the forms of the unconscious, they also have external sensing perception which readily takes hold of worldly objects. Sensing, however, is the weakest of the INFJ's arsenal and the most vulnerable. INFJs, like their fellow intuitives, may be so absorbed in intuitive perceiving that they become oblivious to physical reality. The INFJ under stress may fall prey to various forms of immediate gratification. Awareness of extraverted sensing is probably the source of the "SP wannabe" side of INFJs. Many yearn to live spontaneously; it's not uncommon for INFJ actors to take on an SP (often ESTP) role.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tend to stand up for what I believe in, too. I've never had to go against the crowd in a huge demonstration of my opinion, though.
o.o I didn't do that either, but if someone would do it for a good cause I'd back them up fast. ^^ kinda too introverted and shy for that. I do tend to show my opinion thou and don't back off when push comes to shove and the cause is a good one.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
o.o I didn't do that either, but if someone would do it for a good cause I'd back them up fast. ^^ kinda too introverted and shy for that. I do tend to show my opinion thou and don't back off when push comes to shove and the cause is a good one.
Hopefully I would do the same:) I have been fairly extroverted before on some topics, but not where I knew most people would be against me.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
agreed, unless its a topic that is close to my heart i find its not worth the arguament

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I have lectured my friends when they have done something i believe is wrong... I have manage to slowly understand letting people be themselves is the best approach and not to shove my values down peoples throats unless it is abhorrently wrong. My one friend gets the brunt of it. He is a underdeveloped Fi user which makes me want to scream sometimes. Great person just does things every now and again that i cannot think are right.

(i was wrong it was Ti not Fe apparently to enforce an INFJs personal values)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm not sure what causes it, but I do the exact same thing. People might even mistake me for being extroverted because of it. My friends affectionately call it my "Irish temper." Though I don't really see it as a temper, but more like a strong feeling of activism. Are you a One on the Enneagram, by any chance? I'm a Four, but Fours can integrate to a One and become very interested in causes. I can see this trait also being an INFJ thing, though, definitely.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I do this. serious people. lol.
they totally make my life happier.

they prolly don't feel too good though. hey at least no one is getting killed.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have this insane tendency to stand my ground and rebel when I see someone or a group of people doing something I find morally wrong, especially if it is people in charge. I get this rush, I become really aggressive towards those people or the person and will defend others and myself with a perceived strength that I can only describe as pushing against a huge river and making progress forward, the feeling that nothing could stop me in my quest to do the right thing.

Times like that I become really extroverted, I'd compare it to an ENFJ maybe, not sure.

What is this? Is it specific to an ennegram type or some other mbti type?
Honestly, that sounds more like INFP. That is a very Fi-dom thing to do. I believe you are mistaking what the text is saying. The text is saying if someone does something wrong to *someone else* we become very upset. But not so much if they do it to us ourselves. I don't mind at all if someone challenges my morals, or does something I find morally upsetting. I get incredibly distressed when people do it to other people though.

also, infps hate having their morals challenged, they do get a big rush as well.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Honestly, that sounds more like INFP. That is a very Fi-dom thing to do. I believe you are mistaking what the text is saying. The text is saying if someone does something wrong to *someone else* we become very upset. But not so much if they do it to us ourselves. I don't mind at all if someone challenges my morals, or does something I find morally upsetting. I get incredibly distressed when people do it to other people though.

also, infps hate having their morals challenged, they do get a big rush as well.
I find it hard to believe you will not get upset if any morals are broken, even your's. But you do have a point, defending myself is something I do when necessary, but I do not get angry or the rush. It is mostly part of defending others that I care about, only then.

I also find it difficult to believe that I am an infp. My Si, Ne and Te are very weak, my Ne is stronger then my Fi :) that is why I thought I was an ENFP for a while. You see ENFP main functions are INFJ shadow functions in perfect order.

I wish I had better Si, the lack of it frustrates me a lot when learning.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I have a tendency to go against the current regardless of whether or not the issue is related to my code of ethics. It is almost as though I rebel for the sake of rebelling. "Whataya got?" Whether I do so in defense of my morals really depends upon the issue at hand. I realize that my morals are wholly subjective, just like everyones', and I certainly would not attempt to defend morals based on passive, subjective issues such as those related to drug use, sex, religious grounds, etc. It simply isn't my business what anyone does in these areas, and I could hardly expect others to adopt my own personal moral code. Yet there are certain hot button issues which I will defend quite staunchly in the face of overwhelming odds. These generally have to do with defending others against active attacks; standing up to bullies, defending minority viewpoints and lifestyles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts