Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
''You're delusional and you rely on feelings too much''

No we just have a different way of seeing things. Just because we are able to think up certain answers that are unusual when it comes to solving certain typical issues, it does not mean we are unrealistic. Don't be jealous that I've come up with some answers and progress in life based on unique creativity and deep instinct based perceptions.

It does not mean I abandon logic and rationality altogether. It is not my problem you are too close minded to see where I am coming from. That's why you lack empathy, something that most of us have in abundance.

''What you do is useless. You dreaming brings no results''

Inspiring others, seeing the positive in others more than what's expected and caring for others are useless?

I don't know maybe you secretly aspire for a world full of solely thinking robots who have become expert at shutting out their feelings and never knowing when or how it is healthy to keep in touch with both emotions plus imagination at some level. Perhaps then, if what we're good at are so useless, don't give a damn if people take a longer time when it comes to understanding some of your deepest and most unexplainable emotions, don't give a damn about the factor of inspiration that helps produce beauty in this universe. Since you're implying that attempting to be more understanding, compassionate than the usual and having inspired imagination that can create an exciting variety - are useless next to your pretentious rational elitism.

Don't hate us just because we speak an emotional language you don't understand. Just because you cannot understand something within the capacity of what you disguise as so called rational thinking, don't act as if your narrow mindedness and arrogant prejudices make our thinking processes any less valid.

Many of us can think logically, thank you very much. It's just we also have a deeper capacity to feel things that you're too afraid or too proud to understand.

You being a kid and being scared of things you're not used to do not make us at fault.

I don't want to be you.

Take that, INFP bashers.

(This is only a response to people who are TOO QUICK to unfairly stereotype most INFP's :angry: Although I do acknowledge we INFP's have our weaknesses)

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I wouldn't worry about that too much...

·
11,928 Posts
Yes we do have our flaws.

For example, I am not disciplined enough haha
I fully trust my abilities to improvise and get through shit, but I occasionally fall and it's because I learn from experience. I must try things,...and I only learn from experience.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To clarify, I don't mind constructive criticism or people who criticize us in general.

But when they become excessive in it and extremely arrogant as though only their thought systems alone can funtion well in society, wow.

Just because we imagine a little more, it doesn't make us delusional or unthinking or all that other crap they throw at us because of their own close mindedness :angry:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, if you seriously think you would make the best world leaders and there would be no injustice or suffering ever after I cant help but think it is unrealistic and delusional. It has been attempted before, types dont matter. Justice and mercy are not opposites but sides of the same coin. I know very well from my work that your caring can be selective because you think you "see" into other peopes souls and tune your personal relationships according to those beliefs, and hence you are also ones making people inequal in the world, more than Te users, because we assign rules that consider everyones viewpoint (we have to, as slavery is not permitted). But what would you do if there were a person in the world who just somehow emitted such a aura that no INFP would want to choose them as friends. Would you think they really are that bad, or that your systems of decision-making might be flawed?

·
11,928 Posts
Well, if you seriously think you would make the best world leaders and there would be no injustice or suffering ever after I cant help but think it is unrealistic and delusional. It has been attempted before, types dont matter. Justice and mercy are not opposites but sides of the same coin. I know very well from my work that your caring can be selective because you think you "see" into other peopes souls and tune your personal relationships according to those beliefs, and hence you are also ones making people inequal in the world, more than Te users, because we assign rules that consider everyones viewpoint (we have to, as slavery is not permitted). But what would you do if there were a person in the world who just somehow emitted such a aura that no INFP would want to choose them as friends. Would you think they really are that bad, or that your systems of decision-making might be flawed?
I was agreeing with your thread for the first few sentences, but then you just started making baseless generalizations that really have no weight in my thought process...Maybe mine's flawed also. But I cannot see where you're coming from, for the most part.

·
Registered
929 Posts
What exactly is your work?

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, if you seriously think you would make the best world leaders and there would be no injustice or suffering ever after I cant help but think it is unrealistic and delusional.
I wonder where on earth did I imply that we make the best world leaders. I mentioned mostly about inspiring others and understanding the feelings of others when it is useful.

It has been attempted before, types dont matter.
Types don't matter? *Raises eyebrow* Weird, coming from someone who appears bent on only looking at one point of view towards INFP.

Correct if I'm wrong about what you meant.

Justice and mercy are not opposites but sides of the same coin. I know very well from my work that your caring can be selective because you think you "see" into other peopes souls and tune your personal relationships according to those beliefs, and hence you are also ones making people inequal in the world, more than Te users, because we assign rules that consider everyones viewpoint (we have to, as slavery is not permitted).
So, are you trying to imply that only you and who you call ''your people'' are capable of making fair judgments without any flaw?

But what would you do if there were a person in the world who just somehow emitted such a aura that no INFP would want to choose them as friends. Would you think they really are that bad, or that your systems of decision-making might be flawed?
It depends on the situations. When it comes to serious decision making that involve society, I would have to be logical. When it comes to personal cases, I would have to use intuition, even some imagination if necessary and mix them with rationality.

Wow, seriously aren't you the one who posted something about most INFP's finding it hard to make a living out of poetry? INFP's are not just poets, they're writers too. So you're going to degrade the creative works of most writers, poets who have inspired others just because of your narcissism? Writing that has promoted growth, talked about relationships mean nothing to you because, hey, feelings make a human weak. LOL. Might as well throw your heart out, kid.

Just because you have had bad experiences with some INFP's, it doesn't mean your judgments are valid for you to paint ALL INFP's with the same brush. Grow up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I run a small store. I think one of my past employees was an INFP and she demonstrated just that selective friendliness quality. She tried to refuse working at the same time and spaces as one other employee although when I asked neither said they had had any quarrels. I dont understand.

A more insightful experience comes perhaps from a volunteer organization where I was, there a supposed INFP just left the whole thing when one person became the president. Later one of his friends who stayed told he didnt want to see that person in charge.

I dont know to what extent do the organizations hold them back, but I suppose in casual relationships some or many INFPs just are prone to judging people based on fashion style, behavioral patterns or something, never wanting to associate with them.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I run a small store. I think one of my past employees was an INFP and she demonstrated just that selective friendliness quality. She tried to refuse working at the same time and spaces as one other employee although when I asked neither said they had had any quarrels. I dont understand.

A more insightful experience comes perhaps from a volunteer organization where I was, there a supposed INFP just left the whole thing when one person became the president. Later one of his friends who stayed told he didnt want to see that person in charge.

I dont know to what extent do the organizations hold them back, but I suppose in casual relationships some or many INFPs just are prone to judging people based on fashion style, behavioral patterns or something, never wanting to associate with them.
ahh, so you don't really know what you're talking about, that's all i needed to know ;)

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Who says it's unnecessary? :p

I'm just kidding.

But seriously speaking, very self righteous opening. I'd refrain from that if I wanted to be taken seriously. "We're amazing, you're not, stop bashing us!"

INFPs are bashed because they're an easy target. They can easily make someone look good if that person makes fun of them. Other people will laugh and unfortunately since the INFP tends to take themselves so seriously they make it worse for themselves. Bullies don't pick on people because of their faults, weaknesses...it's because they know someone nice with a gentle personality will either not stick up for themselves and make the bully look funny or stick up for themselves and seem foolish like they can't take a joke.

It's also because there's so many of you to make fun of in this forum, the more people you bash the better you look.

Try not to hang onto to much and try to move on. It seems like INFPs get the ginger treatment round here, don't do this:

and you'll be fine. Everyone gets bashed.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I for one have no problem bashing the ginger.

Look at them!

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
Right, let's bash ESTJs now!! seriously, bashing each other in this thread is a little too ironic...

There was a lot of hate in the OP. A lot of need to completely degrade and invalidate the opinions of anyone who could strongly criticise INFPs. Clearly that provoked a reaction. Clearly that original hate was also provoked. But not all criticism is judgement - and not all vitriolic, passionate rants, with insults cast from the heart, is really as fruitcakey as it looks. And much as an angry INFP can insist that they are better, more compassionate, more imaginative, etc. than every other type, blah blah (facepalm) when they are angry, they are actually pretty damn aware of their flaws. But failing to live up to someone else's standards is not a flaw, unless you damage others in so doing - being untrue to oneself is. Refusing to understand is a flaw, however, for anyone. And most INFPs realise that imagination and compassion can come from different sources in different people, rather than assuming a monopoly or excessive superiority. The statements in a rant can reflect the extent of feeling, not necessarily a flawed understanding - truth according to a different standard, but truth in a way.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts