Personality Cafe banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I don't know if there has been a similar post to this already I'm sorry)

I'm an infp and my favourite season is Murder House! Something about it is reassuring for some reason, it feels 'familiar' or 'homely'
I don't know if that makes sense. I just love everything about this season it's perfect. I've seen it at least 10 times. I also really love the Tate and Violet scenes <3

Reply with your favourite season and your type!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Also Murder House. It would have been Asylum but I think they tried to cram in too many themes (aliens, lucifer, nazi). If they had just stuck to the mystery serial killer story line and maybe explored more people in the mental hospital, it definitely would have been better than S1.

I'm also loving S6, interesting plot. The only fault I can see with it is how stupid some of the characters are. For example, it made no sense to me why Lee brought her daughter to that house. Couldn't she have visited her elsewhere? And why the non actors decided to go back to it during the blood moon week, seems insane to me. I wouldn't even go North Carolina again, let alone that house.

INTP

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also Murder House. It would have been Asylum but I think they tried to cram in too many themes (aliens, lucifer, nazi). If they had just stuck to the mystery serial killer story line and maybe explored more people in the mental hospital, it definitely would have been better than S1.

I'm also loving S6, interesting plot. The only fault I can see with it is how stupid some of the characters are. For example, it made no sense to me why Lee brought her daughter to that house. Couldn't she have visited her elsewhere? And why the non actors decided to go back to it during the blood moon week, seems insane to me. I wouldn't even go North Carolina again, let alone that house.

INTP
I agree with you! For me, s6 started off really boring but eventually it did get good, especially after episode 6. And yeah, the thing that bugs me too is the characters, I don't think there is one character I actually like. If I had to choose one though it would probably be Matt. Shelby is ok but she can be so annoying.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Asylum was amazing.

I had to stop watching the Hotel season after a few episodes because all of the male leads look the same and I cannot differentiate them and as a result I did not understand the storyline. Ryan Murphy needs a casting criteria other than 'Boys I'd Like to Fuck'.

Evan Peters' character also did not fit him at all in the season, he just came off as forced and ridiculous.

·
The Cooliest
7,635 Posts
Only watched up to season four because Australian Netflix doesn't appear to have anything beyond four so no spoilers.

My favourite would be season 1 as it's so enthralling and I loved it.

I would say season 2 but it just got so ridiculous. I loved everything besides the aliens and the Anne Frank bit.

·
Banned
4,187 Posts
The current season (AHS: Roanoke) is the first season of AHS I'm bothering to follow through to the end (stopped watching AHS: Hotel because I didn't find it compelling beyond the first few episodes). Love the premise. Many metafictional possibilities in the pseudo-documentary and found footage formats.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
This is my top three.

1 - Freak show
2 - Murder House
3 - Asylum

Coven was pretty good too. I love how they keep the same actors playing different characters.

·
Registered
95 Posts
1. Murder House 10/10-Brilliant. Amazing character dynamics, not the most frightening season, but by far my favorite AHS storyline.
2. Asylum 9/10-Would have gotten a 10 from me if the plot hadn't been so all over the place at times. Jessica Lange was beyond phenomenal.
3. Coven 8/10 -The ladies really held their own. The racism made me feel physically ill, but compelling characters.
4. Hotel 5/10 -Got really tired of all of the sex scenes and I really was not attached to any of the characters, but the music was amazing and enjoyed Evan Peters role.
5. Roanoke 4/10 -Started out fine, but this season is becoming increasingly ridiculous. The dialogue is cringeworthy and I hate the "twist". I live in NC too, kinda disappointed they couldn't bother to film in a place that actually resembles the state.
6. Freak show 4/10- Boring. Didn't even finish it. Extra point though for Ma Petite though, she stole my heart.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Assylum has to be my favourite. A lot of homages to some great cinema. The story unravels slowly with mind blowing plot twists and an eerie sense of what actually went down with multiple experiments on society's forgotten souls. The script also has a big segment on alien abductions and experimentations.
I see it mostly as a critique of the rise of science and mankind's God complex.

Hated season 5. Poorly casted, terribly written and some performances were just, for lack of a better word, pathetic.
This really bothered me because I use to have a very high esteem for this show. I guess every show has to jump the shark at some point.

·
Registered
INTP 874 sx/sp VLEF melancholic
17,126 Posts
Seasons 1 and 2. The rest were predictable and I quit watching. INTP.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Season 2, because I loved Jessica Lange's character. She had a lot of depth and her character arc was believable and fascinating to watch.

4w3.

My MBTI type is idk.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Literally same as the above poster.

ISFP, and season 2 (Asylum) is my favorite. (and yess Jessica is amazing)

Reactions: ultraviolxnce

·
Registered
454 Posts
My favorite season is 1 and I'm an INFJ.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts