Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted these 3 videos about 2 years ago, but never bothered to get feedback. Could you please give me some feedback on the content.

Listen to each video in order. There is only 3 of them, and the second one loops back to the beginning. When that happens, move to the 3rd video.

I would love to hear your feedback. Thank you so much.

·
Registered
INTP
36 Posts
Hmm, how to say this. I despise videos that are using a synthetic voice as a narrator. I’m not sure how other people feel about it, but for me is a dealbreaker, and I had to stop watching. I watched too little to say anything about the actual content

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
I didn't know I thought AI was dangerous. Thanks for elucidating on that.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
On the positive, murderous AI may not recognize INTP friendly robots as a threat, thus giving you the opportunity to save the world, and providing enough notoriety to get a date for a couple of months! Note please don't intentionally create murderous AI in the first place just to get a date!

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
The robot English voice in the video is terrible.

I would rather have someone speaking with English as their second language, even if they don't speak it well. At least it's still a human voice.

·
Registered
764 Posts
A little trouble focusing on the voice, but I have full understanding not wanting to share your own voice. I'm an INTP after all.

To the video...

I don't see any real points against the danger of AI. More the positives it can bring, and yes, it can bring positive things of course. But that doesn't mean it can't be dangerous.

I don't see how miscommunication, as mentioned in part 2 and 3, would be safe. If humanity is evil in some sort of absolute truth, yes, miscommunication would just be in favor for us in a case where some entity is smart and knowledgeable enough to see the absolute truth. I don't think there is an absolute truth, as it seems more of an philosophical question. So I agree on the part that AI also will be bias and will do errors in others and its own point of view.

That has nothing to do with how dangerous something is though. Shit happens between human and human everyday due to miscommunication.
The human citizens who got eradicated, minimilazed, or corrupted by human colonizers would probably never happen if the two had 100% understanding of each other. But there are a lot of things human language can't convey correctly, and these didn't even speak the same language.
Miscommunication, misunderstanding, and the need for guessing isn't an opposite pole of danger, the are on totally different scales.

On the quote: "Even if we invented superhuman intelligence, why would they want to enslave their masters?"
Well, perhaps because some call ourselves their masters...
Creators, parents, forefathers perhaps? I see many reasons with my puny human brain why to enslave those who've enslaved me and see themselves as my master and superior. If on top of that they where dumber than me I'd try to make that happen.
No matter what it's called, it's not an argument. "If we invented superhuman intelligence, why wouldn't they want to enslave their masters?" is an equally legitimate question.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
How can I be certain that OP is not an AI trying to convince us that's they're harmless? I mean, he doesn't even sound human in the videos. Or, maybe OP has been influenced by our Turing-test-passing overlords through subliminal messages through AI-generated contents. Wait, I got it! The AI of the future invented a time machine, traveled to the present to convince us that they are safe so that they can rule with even less restriction in a different timeline's past's future. This is my most plausible hypothesis yet.

·
Registered
INFJ
5,832 Posts
I worked on some ai work with my fiance. Neural networks remind me of toddlers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts