Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never heard of the band Air Supply before, but I'm going to their concert in a few hours. I work as an usher at a theatre, and they're playing.

Have you heard of this band? Should I be excited?

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Yes, I would be. I have a few of their CDs actually. They are an early 80's soft rock/ballad singing band. I don't know if they even make them like that anymore! LOL

·
mafia mod
13,316 Posts
Yea, but I'm not crazy about their stuff, their music being a bit on the schmaltzy side.

I'm sure there are videos on Youtube you can check out to see if you dig them or not.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Oh wow, that's a blast from the past.

Australian duo. Enormous in the late 70's early 80's. Hits like "Lost in Love" and "Even the Nights are Better". Heard them so much as a kid that it almost permanently convinced me that being a grown-up was an insipid, droning experience. Good music to listen to while talking about Werner Erhardt with a dumb blonde in a hot tub while drinking wine coolers.

Have fun! :cool:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Not my cup of tea. I find their music to be too sappy for my tastes. I think the previous posters have explained their music better than I can. I do have to admit that All Out of Love makes me laugh (unintentional laughs of course) each time I hear it.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
wow. That band brings back memories of bad 80's love songs. They are one of those bands that get stuck in your head. They are not invited there, nor wanted there, but you can't stop hearing "all out of love." I can't imagine how bad it will be after exposing yourself to the earwigs on purpose. Good Luck and please let us know how it was for you.

Reactions: SlowPoke68
1 - 6 of 6 Posts