Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like there should be a thread for awkward moments, because out of all the personality types, I feel like we may have the most.
This isn't intended to be demeaning, but just to make light of embarassment.
It's pretty normal for me to have quite a few in a day.

For example: Being too busy looking at the clouds and running into a pole. (It's happened) :blushed:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My first example of awkwardness:

Spelling "awkward" wrong on the thread title.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
I've run into a few poles in my time... that reminds me of when I was learning to drive there was a few instances where I almost totalled the car going across the intersection because I wasn't concentrating :unsure: I was also crossing the road the other day, and completely forgot to look at any oncoming cars because somehow I assumed the light that tells you its safe to cross was flashing when I was so deep in my own thoughts. Needless to say I got a few angry beeps from cars who had to sharply apply their breaks so as to not hit me.

I think i've repressed many of my most awkward moments. I can say that i'm most awkward in conversation with people who I have nothing to relate to with, and that is amplified at parties (I think I've only been to a handful of big parties in my life). I remember talking to this guy at a party once who followed me into the pantry when I went to get more vodka to drink (jesus, I was desperate and drinking lots at that point). He clearly wanted to do the dirty and I was being incredibly awkward because I didn't like him, and wasn't drunk enough to do that for starters *face palms at thought of awkwardness*. I should've just walked out, but no. I had to make it even more awkward.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
i just take the stairs-if it's less that six floors and i'm not carrying anything, i don't find elevators awkward i'm to caught up in the odd sensation they give to be bothered
oh oops it's not just about elevatar
i gues i'll count this and an embarassing momment...

·
Registered
962 Posts
There is a tea shop very close to me that I love, it carries a million different types and funny enough share's my name. Pretty much every time I walk in there is a girl staff member who is awesome and nice and a great person, but she broadcasts out loud, screams even, to all the customers and staff.. "HEY HE'S HERE, WHATS SHAKING , WHAT ARE YOU UP TO TODAY?" and so on and so on for a few minutes. It's endearing and nice and she has a great heart, but every time my entire face goes crazy red and I start to sweat and I always reply with some mumbled and fumbled reply while the whole store is quiet and staring at me. No I'm not exaggerating.

When it all dies down and she's making my tea, I'm always thinking to myself , oh god they all must think I have a speech impediment or am a special needs customer, not that there's anything wrong with that, the whole experience just leaves me feeling like an awkward idiot. Yet I keep going back for more :(

If by some crazy random chance you are the tea girl reading this, I love you to death and it's not you it's me, haha.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I'm an INFJ, but are we sharing awkward elevator stories? I want to share. :laughing:

A couple of years ago, I went away to college. I came back after the semester to live with my parents again and because it really hadn't worked out for me. My former work place had said that they would take me back, so when I went down there, I wasn't really concerned about the way I looked. I actually wore a shirt with a hole in the sleeve. Haha. There was one Indian guy who arrived at the building at the same time as me and I thought he was really good looking. I got nervous and felt silly because he was really overdressed and I looked like a total slob. I let him use the elevator ahead of me because I didn't want to have to stand with him inside the tiny elevator. I stalled for a few minutes, until I thought it was safe. When I took the elevator up to my old workplace, I realized that the guy was there too. He had been waiting a few minutes for someone to help him. One of the hiring ladies came out and saw me and asked if she could help me. She completely ignored the guy. I pointed that out to her and she didn't seem to care. I looked over at the guy and he shrugged his shoulders. He said I could go ahead of him. I handed the lady my resume and that was pretty much the end of that. Then when I went back to the elevator, the elevator thought it would spazz out on me. (It's a very old building.) I pushed to go down and it wasn't doing anything. Then it went down and I thought everything was fine but it went back up. It never did this before. I didn't realize it had gone back up and I was ready to walk out. But then I realized what had happened and looked up and saw the guy standing in front of me.

Him: What, did you miss me?
Me: *laughing* What are you talking about?
Him: You were waiting in the elevator for me, weren't you?
Me: No! I pushed the button and it started going down and then I guess you must have pushed the button because it went back up and then you were there...
Him: Don't lie to me. (blank, unconvinced look)
Me: I'm not! I'm completely serious! It was like this... (does impression with hands to look more convincing)
Him: *laughing*
Me: I must sound pretty stupid right now, so I'm just going to shut up.

Some random middle aged man joins us. We both stand there trying really hard not to laugh and keep looking back at each other. The man keeps making faces like "wtf is going on between you two." Then the elevator finally stops and I ran away like a little girl and started laughing uncontrollably. (Yeah, I don't know what that's about. It's really embarrassing when I look back on that.)

But in all seriousness, my whole life has been pretty much one giant awkward moment.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
any confined place with someone you dont know well:

A car
A restaurant table
A couch
A cashier counter
A hair salon stool

then again, any place where a conversation happens which involves me and someone else is generally quite awkward.:happy:

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
I used to find every little thing awkward.
At this point I know I'm a lil weird and sometimes uncoordinated, that I don't even find it awkward. It's just.. ME.

I used to be most awkward around people that knew me moreso than with strangers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts