Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you familiar with his life and work, what would his MBTI and Enneatype most likely be?

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Ah, that guy! I picked mostly Ni from his writings. I'd say he was a feeler, too... INFJ with well-developed tertiary Ti would be my guess, but it's a guess at best.

Enneatype: Sx/So... 4 of sorts?

Reactions: Cracked Actor

·
Registered
993 Posts
I know it's 4/20, but really, gentlemen? :rolleyes: One of the twentieth century's poster-boys for hedonism, an Se-inferior? And a Four, on top of that?!?!

For sheer humpenandrinkenandruggen, he is the gold standard. ESxP 7w8

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Pretty much any type can express hedonistic tendencies. I'd actually read what he wrote, Meritocrat, prior to making pure value judgements on him.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I can only reason so far as socionics beta.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know it's 4/20, but really, gentlemen? :rolleyes: One of the twentieth century's poster-boys for hedonism, an Se-inferior? And a Four, on top of that?!?!

For sheer humpenandrinkenandruggen, he is the gold standard. ESxP 7w8
I can see why you'd think that, but the guy was a clear Ni-Fe user. Hedonism isn't limited to Se-users, and the way he added mystical significance behind everything, and actually opposed indulgence for the sake of indulgence would count against him being an Se-dom. I could see 7w8 Sx/So for him as well, but I think his fixation on self-realization, coupled with his seeming love and cultivation of his own sinister image is more similar to that of a four (though, he could be a 4-fixed 7w8, since that also applies to me).

@Promethea: What are your thoughts under that system? I'm not too familiar with socionics, but any info would be welcome.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I mean, I could also see him being an ENTP/J 7w8, and he was just messing with everyone.

However, if we were to take him at face value (sort of), I would agree on INFJ. Not quite sure about his enneagram.

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,553 Posts
ESTP or ENFJ. There is nothing practical about this guy lol. He is Fe valuing and Beta to the core in Socionics.

I think ESTP 8w7 is the best fit. He also had a strong INFJ shadow type influencing him - one of the reasons why he was so into occultism and esoteric knowledge.

Reactions: heavydirtysoul
1 - 11 of 11 Posts