Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any guesses for the frontman of Arctic Monkeys? I've seen guesses saying INFP, INFJ, ISFP, ISTP...the only thing people can really agree on is that he's an introvert.

Here's an interview with Miles Kane (both of them from The Last Shadow Puppets):

And a recent one:

A longer one, if you have the patience for it:

Reactions: NineTypesOfLight

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sorry to bring up a dead thread, but I'm curious myself.
I get some INFP vibes from the way he speaks as well, though I'm no expert.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've always thought ISFP. His fashion sense and his live-for-today-and-not-thinking-about-tomorrow attitude just screams ISFP, to me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wow, i don't know why i ever said ISFP. Alex is obviously very intuitive. I reckon INFP.

Reactions: Ida Maria

·
Registered
28 Posts
Honestly, i don't know haha. I think what i should have said was that i find and always have found Alex to be ISFP, but i agree that some of his lyrics do sound pretty INFP(mainly the "Submarine" soundtrack). I don't know too many ISFPs, but i am pretty familiar with INFPs, and Alex doesn't seem like an INFP to me. His writing is the only thing that i've heard others use to support as to why they think INFP.

I think i'm sticking with ISFP. :proud:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would say INFP, because he doesn't really seem like an extrovert and is much more of a feeler than a thinker. You can definitely tell he is very aware of his emotions and usually acts upon them. He's definitely a hopeless romantic, to say the least.

Reactions: Moya and Ida Maria

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,553 Posts
INFP. His songwriting style screams Ne.

·
Registered
11 Posts
He's an INXJ. His Ni became incredibly obvious to me when he described songwriting as "waiting for a delivery." Rather than brainstorming like a Ne-dom, he waits for things to just come to him. It's also really clear to me that he has an inferior Se. He talks about getting lost in music and forgetting where he is quite often. It's pretty obvious when you watch him do nearly anything that he isn't in the moment at all, and he's all but oblivious to what's happening outside of himself. Fe vs Te is the tough part for me. If I had to guess, I'd say he's an INTJ because Ni-Te-Fi makes more sense than Ni-Fe-Ti. His Fi shows when he talks about the music industry and how he's only in it for the music, not the awards and fame. That isn't enough to convince me he's definitely an INTJ though. His lyrics are much more Ni-Fe than Ni-Te. And since he can't seem to form proper sentences in his interviews, we may never know which he is.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I agree that Alex screams INJ, dominant Ni with inferior Se is all over. His wrting style, his quotes, his indie attitude, his coreographed weird dances...

We're in 2015 and the guy enjoys dressing like John Travolta and going to an Emmy Awards to say "Rock n roll will never die, no matter how hard you try". That's a Ni-higher-than-Se thing to me. He doesn't "belong to the moment", he wants to be ahead of his time.

I could see INTJ. My only argument for INFJ is his lyrics too. Ni/Te/Fi is an incredibly self-centered individualistic combination. The most individualistic of all, I'd say. If he were an INTJ, I think we would be able to see a little more of him "looking at himself", you know? INFJ makes more sense to me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts