Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alexander Skarsgård

I don't know if anyone has tried to type him yet but I'm just interested in other's opinion. I don't know enough about typing other people to really try to type him so I was wondering if anyone else wanted to try. I think it would be very interesting.

I have some quotes by him and some videos to help.

"A true artist, in my mind, is willing to fail sometimes, because if you're not brave enough to say yes and follow your gut, it's never going to be good."

"I have to be careful because there is something destructive within me, I think, and I can have a tendency to just search for the kicks. I can't really get too close to someone who's too destructive, or too dark, because then I might go down the rabbit hole myself."

"When I was four or five, I would organise my cars and my action figures. I needed some kind of structure, I think."

"I'm pretty intense when it comes to relationships, platonic ones as well. If I feel a connection with someone, I'm willing to go there."

"Life isn't one-dimensional. The world isn't simply divided into good versus evil. I think we're all capable of both."

"There's such a taboo here with nudity. In some people's eyes, nudity is so much more dangerous than violence. I never really understood that. If a kid sees a nipple on television, how is that more damaging than watching someone bash someone else's head in with a baseball bat?"

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumping this up since no one has replied to it yet. I thought I'd add a couple of videos with Alex interacting with other people.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Possibly ISFP, ironic considering Eric Northman is ENTJ.

Thanks for posting :)One thing I notice about him is he's very touchy-feely with people. He likes to touch long hair. Also he's always picking things like lint and stuff off of things. I notice that in the longer interviews that he'll be sitting there and someone else is talking and he'll be picking lint or hair off of himself or someone else or brushing a table off or something. Is that something that ISFPs do?

Also, I never thought of Eric as an extrovert. He doesn't like being around others that much does he. Like he would rather be a loner than live in a "nest".

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I tend to think he's ENTP, when I can manage to think at all while looking at and listening to him. Good grief, it's like he was created in some top-secret lab somewhere, he's so delicious.

I definitely hear the True Blood theme song whenever I see him.

/end of fangirl gushing

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
ENTP seems right.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay for those of you who say ENTP, so that I can better understand, why do you say that? What about his personality or mannerisms make you come to that conclusion? I'm only asking because I thought if I take people I have a fixation on and "know" how they act, maybe it will help me better understand MBTI.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would really love to help you but i am shit at typing people...
But Alex... he is a super human...:blushed:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I'm starting to turn this into a thread to post videos of Alex. lol

I don't know if he's ENTP though. I don't know any ENTPs but he acts like a feeler to me. ENFP perhaps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
why do you think he's INFJ?? I was thinking about it but I don't have a real argument to support it...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think he is an INFJ type 8.
But isn't he known for being pretty promiscuous? INFJ are anything but promiscuous. But he seems pretty sentimental about a lot of things. And I've heard that in the longer term relationships he's been in, he gets pretty devastated when they end. I still think ENFP or maybe even ENFJ since he says he needs structure in his life.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Me neither! I'm aware that the golden age of True Blood has passed after 4th season but I'll still watch that show because it became my summer ritual (and because of Alex *cough cough* )

for some reason i think he's an introvert, but it wouldn't be the first time i mistake assertive introverts for shy extroverts....

·
Banned
956 Posts
But isn't he known for being pretty promiscuous? INFJ are anything but promiscuous. But he seems pretty sentimental about a lot of things. And I've heard that in the longer term relationships he's been in, he gets pretty devastated when they end. I still think ENFP or maybe even ENFJ since he says he needs structure in his life.
Promiscuous or just dating around?
I don't know though, INFJ was just a hunch. He seems introverted. From what I read, he was uncomfortable being known when he first got into acting. And I don't see much Fi in him. There was this interview with him and a younger girl, his co-star, and he was listening very intently on what she was describing and chiming in to expand on it. It didn't seem Ne-Fi which goes off in a tangent more. It seemed very Ni-Fe.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts