Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 5 5.2%
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whether you love math or not, it seems most people have a clear preference for either Algebra or Geometry. I'm interested in seeing if there is any kind of cognitive function pattern that we can determine in the preferences.

Please select your MBTI type and preference.

I've also added the options of "Neither" and "Both." Please select these only if you absolutely cannot determine one that is preferred over the other. Also, if you fall into one of those two categories, please respond in the thread with the selection you voted for along with your MBTI type.

Thank you!

5,146 Posts
I'm disgraphic which means that I hate maths with passion because it involves a lot of writing which is slow and painful.

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
I loved algebra. Was one of my best and most favorite subjects. I loved doing word problems.

I found geometry very grunt and ineloquent. You know? It was just shapes and shit. Lol. I found it so uninteresting.

Reactions: girlinthemoon

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
They are both interesting. Geometry takes spatial intelligence and algebra abstract thinking. Don't neglect any of them,.

·
Banned
2,375 Posts

·
Registered
6,079 Posts
Ooh, look at this poll I've just happened to randomly stumble upon. :kitteh:

So I have really never liked math because for what I think I wanna do with my life, it's not really relevant beyond maybe a basic level. But I didn't want to be a buzzkill and choose the "neither" option so I actually thought about it (shocking, I know) and I think I definitely prefer algebra because I see more real world value in an algebraic way of thinking and problem solving that I do for a geometric approach because all geometry questions seem so made up to me. Cuz like, when are you ever going to know with certainty one of the angles or sides of a triangle without measuring and if you are going to measure that, why wouldn't you just measure the thing you're looking to solve for and save yourself the trouble?

Also, I view algebra as being more intuitive in the sense that you have to find out information rather than in geometry where you just make sense of the information you've been given but I guess that is more true with the calculusy algebra that I am currently torturing myself learning in school.

I dunno, I just get a bit of a kick out of figuring out the tricks of a problem that would make me get it wrong or finding a creative way to isolate a variable or something and then I proceed to hate myself for ever finding pleasure in anything math related. :p

·
Registered
2,436 Posts

·
Registered
2,436 Posts

·
Registered
6,079 Posts
So far we have a bunch of intuitives preferring Algebra and one lone sensor preferring geometry!

Interesting!

Need more >:)
I'd kind of expect that split since geometry is more picture-oriented and sensors are generally better at that. ^^;

·
Registered
6,079 Posts
1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.