Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Banned
656 Posts
I usually dismiss the idea subconsciously, but when I actually think about it, I think there very well could be extraterrestrial life out there. I try to keep an open mind--let's put it that way.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Dude. This is awesome. Aliens exist. Or... I don't know. But when I was a kid I was absolutely paranoid that they were going to abduct me in my sleep. I would just lay there in my bed staring at the door, waiting for an alien to open it. All of the t.v shows about alien abductions and UFOs made me so scared. I was also fascinated. I tend to be fascinated by my fears. Idk. I used to be obsessed with aliens.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
With such a huge universe out there, it would make sense that there would be aliens somewhere. Haven't scientists found some primitive life forms on other planets or something like that? And there's even water on Mars, right? It would be nice to find some extraterrestrials one day, but I wonder if they'd really be humanoid or have as much technology (or more) than us.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
@MikeTheKnife, actually, he seems extremely intellgent in his fringe views on archeology, ufology, and prehistory. Granted he isn't much of a speech giver. I've looked up videos of him at conventions and he tends to mumble and repeat himself a lot, but the facts are there. Although the fact that he's seen on Ancient Aliens on History channel, while all of these speculative shows are out that are trying to give credence to the phenomenon while making themselves a lampoon, probably hurt his image. He makes a great meme though.

I bet aliens are trans-dimensional, not extraterrestrial. It would be wicked sweet to have an alien contact be something like this indescribable moment in speaking to an enlightened intelligence than a tin saucer floating down with greys throwing out Spock signs.

·
Registered
715 Posts
They're loads of fun when it comes down to my favorite space opera, Star Trek (in general, not just limited to the original series).

I'm pretty much open to the possibility of aliens whatever forms they may be out there.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well, if you actually think about how big the universe is, I believe there are definitely aliens out there.

Heck, we might be "aliens" that other life forms from light years away wonder about. You never know :)

I believe they exist. But whether they are from another planet, another dimension or if they somehow live side by side with us is hard to tell. Also, I don't think they are that smart, but they have some way of manipulating us.

I literally just finished watching series 6 of Doctor Who when I saw this thread xD

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Even my priest thinks that they are out there even perhaps visiting [he thought he saw a spaceship, and the guy is sane and a very practical type of person]; however, one would think that religious people are completely against the idea. I would think that is difficult to get here unless there are other dimensions and even some scientists are not against the idea that there are indeed other dimensions or even universes. There are religious pictures that have spaceship like objects in the background. Here are just some that I found:

1460_virgin_and_mdchild_closeup.jpg 1493_the_annunciation_closeup.jpg svet2.jpg 1350_kosovo_1.jpg

I think that the human kind knows very little about this kind of stuff. Look just what we thought that is true about the universe and how particles behave - scientists are discovering things that make them questions previously established theories.

·
Registered
896 Posts
The universe seems too big for there NOT to be aliens...

Me and an overseas ENFP friend had a very intense argument about this with a strong Christian once, them believing that we were the only life out there. The idea just doesn't seem plausible. It seems arrogant. I'm pretty sure they were one of the people who helped to put me off religion all together.

·
Registered
38 Posts
@Vin The Dreamer Mars used to carry water back when it had an atmosphere, but over the years it's atmosphere worn down to the point where it could no longer maintain the water. Causing the water to evaporate (the state of matter an object is in is also due to pressure as well as temperature.) So there is no water on the surface of Mars, but there can be water be water underground.

As of right now, no scientist haven't found any life. There are places where their can be life, and there are signs for life, but no solid life forms have been found outside of Earth.

Well that's the science side, I personally believe that there is Alien life and they are even living with us. :D Play nicely, because I'm sure even Aliens have feelings.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
@Vin The Dreamer Mars used to carry water back when it had an atmosphere, but over the years it's atmosphere worn down to the point where it could no longer maintain the water. Causing the water to evaporate (the state of matter an object is in is also due to pressure as well as temperature.) So there is no water on the surface of Mars, but there can be water be water underground.

As of right now, no scientist haven't found any life. There are places where their can be life, and there are signs for life, but no solid life forms have been found outside of Earth.

Well that's the science side, I personally believe that there is Alien life and they are even living with us. :D Play nicely, because I'm sure even Aliens have feelings.
Oh right, I guess my information was kind of fuzzy. Although I could've sworn I heard something about scientists having found organisms similar to bacteria and the like, but just now I looked at Wikipedia and it looks like they only found indirect evidence of them in Mars. But yes, that definitely doesn't rule out the possibility of advanced alien life (even if they're among us)!

Reactions: Nelly

·
Registered
43 Posts
I believe that Aliens are influencing the world much like a bee keeper keeps bees. The Bees have no idea that a super intelligent (relatively) being is stopping by every once and a while to manage their environment and collect resources. They just go about their day to day lives completely unaware.

The "Ancient Alien" theory is very strong when you look at the evidence, especially the ancient monolithic structures. We're really expected to believe that giant stones cut from the ground with laser like precision, which would also need 15 modern day cranes to move, were just lugged around by a bunch of dudes with ropes. Yeah I don't buy it.

If people DID build those things, and they DID use ropes and ramps... why the hell wouldn't they use smaller stones? I suppose is was fun and fullfilling for hundreds of people to pull around a figurative mountain and place it with perfect mathematical precision... sounds very humanlike... wait no, I'm being sarcastic...

·
MOTM January 2013
10,631 Posts
I don't believe in aliens. Or witches and wizards. Or flying teapots.

Until I actually see some evidence for them being out there. Not a frisbee flying through the sky!:dry:

1 - 20 of 90 Posts