Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as I have mentioned in Nova's thread discussing the movie INCEPTION here, I am really really interested with all these "alternate universe/reality" , dreams, after-life possibilities(?), philosophy of mind things!

In fact, if I am not mistaken..I've seen a thread somewhere with an INFP going in-depth research with all these things (something about "another higher plane of existence"?), it's just unfortunate that at that time I forgot to reply nor PM him/her notifying about my deep interests in these topics!..

I would really so much appreciate it if you or anybody here could give me the links for more information, articles & readings, or even some discussions about this topic! it's very interesting, at least personally for me!
thank you.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
as I have mentioned in Nova's thread discussing the movie INCEPTION here, I am really really interested with all these "alternate universe/reality" , dreams, after-life possibilities(?), philosophy of mind things!

In fact, if I am not mistaken..I've seen a thread somewhere with an INFP going in-depth research with all these things (something about "another higher plane of existence"?), it's just unfortunate that at that time I forgot to reply nor PM him/her notifying about my deep interests in these topics!..

I would really so much appreciate it if you or anybody here could give me the links for more information, articles & readings, or even some discussions about this topic! it's very interesting, at least personally for me!
thank you.
no response....anything? :sad:

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Can't say I know much about the topic, but I always told the girlfriend (that I intend to marry) that our lifetime together would never be enough for me to show my love for her. I don't know what happens next after we pass on, but I want to ensure we're together.

While I'm loyal to no specific belief, religion, practice, I always thought it would be interesting to delve into everything. You never know right? So things like witchcraft, some temple on a mountain, maybe some pyramid thing whatever. Essentially just travelling around the world and absorbing all these different beliefs.

How does this help you? It doesn't really cause I haven't really delved too deep into any of it yet, but it's something that's on the mind too.

Anyways though, one thing that may relate somewhat to what you were talking about is a type of school, name escapes me, where "gifted" children go to learn/practice some sort of psychic-skill. The place is actually rather reputable, if I come across the name I'll drop it here.

Alternatively, if you haven't seen it already check out the movie "What the Bleep!?"
What the Bleep!?: Down the Rabbit Hole (2006)

Wish I could have given you more, but I'll add more if I come across anything.

Reactions: niki

·
Registered
751 Posts
I love the theory of alternate realities and everything else about it including what if's. I'm in the long process of writing a novel (its mediocre in my opinion) about a girl transported to another universe by a genocidal, insane, deus ex machina machine which created her universe as a replica universe as part of its programming. Imagine a really screwed up version of Alice and Wonderland and a far more crappy incarnation :)

I wonder just how many alternate realities must be out there (if we're not alone of course.) Every conceivable moment of every conceivable time creating alternate universes. Places where humanity never evolved, where we are still in the bronze age, where we've been contacted by aliens or just downright super scientific :)

I had a daydream a while back of humanity solving their overpopulation problem by jumping to an alternate world where humanity became extinct during the ice age (basically within a few thousand years of its end.) As a result they have a pristine and empty world with the same flora and fauna of ours. I explored the what ifs of such a scenario and the ethics of us possibly damaging a world which deserved to be left alone.

I don't really believe in astral planes or anything of the like, unless we were to conceive of the multiverse or unknown layer of space time as such and to inhabit it would interfere with human biology.

As for the idea of evolving to a higher state of consciousness - e.g "Ascension" then I think that would be cool as well, a fitting way for an "enlightened" species to create a destiny. I am most familar with it from the Stargate franchise and its used very well so to me it doesn't come to blows with established rational science.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
In the upper dimensions we find our reaity also consists of potential and parallel universes...

sorry, no links I'm sure there are videos on youtube that can explain the upper dimensions; or books if you are really in to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts