Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be interesting to create a thread where we could all post our routines, diets, and exercises, and share what has worked and what hasn't. If you have advice that someone can benefit from than that would be helpful too. Summer is knocking on our door, let's get this started :)

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,108 Posts
Less than 20 carbs a day (modified Atkins), no sugar, no bread products
Walking/running 1.5 miles a day
30 minutes of strength training per day

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Less than 20 carbs a day (modified Atkins), no sugar, no bread products
Walking/running 1.5 miles a day
30 minutes of strength training per day
Ugh the bread thing would be very difficult for me. Do you stick to this ever day,or do you have a "cheat" day? For me I have to have a cheat day where I don't worry about what I eat. I follow Bill Phillips "Body for Life" program and have had great success.

Reactions: renna

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
Compound lifts are lifts that use every muscle and work on overall strength/fitness.

Most Important:
Bench presses
Deadlifts
Squats (also aid in testosterone production)

Secondary:
Military presses/shoulder presses
Power Cleans
Power Jerks

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Compound lifts are lifts that use every muscle and work on overall strength/fitness.

Most Important:
Bench presses
Deadlifts
Squats (also aid in testosterone production)

Secondary:
Military presses/shoulder presses
Power Cleans
Power Jerks
Ahh got you.

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,108 Posts
Ugh the bread thing would be very difficult for me. Do you stick to this ever day,or do you have a "cheat" day? For me I have to have a cheat day where I don't worry about what I eat. I follow Bill Phillips "Body for Life" program and have had great success.
I haven't cheated at all... it's really been over a month since I've had anything containing bread or more than 1g of sugar. :p It's actually not as hard as it sounds.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
deadlift - 5x5
floor press - 2x10
overhead press - 2x10
curl 3x10
abs with added weights 3x50

climbed around on some large rocks before that

i need more weight plates so i can do less reps

diet -- too much wine last night, but mostly ok other than that. ; D
low on carbs, high on protein.. lots of delicious coffee
plenty o veggies.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
some people are more carb sensitive than others. i too find its best to cut carbs. its really not hard to cut them to 30g (and i wouldn't recommend lower than that really), after the first couple of days where you are getting over your carb-addiction. its referred to as the carb flu. it sucks but that is one of the quickest ways to lose weight.

when glucose is in your system, your body is using that instead of fat, for fuel.. so its not burning the fat, its caught up trying to burn the glucose storage. some people have a slower metabolism and its harder to burn the glucose storage.

another way to burn fat instead of glucose is to work out as soon as you wake every morning. this is the only time of day where you aren't going to use up your existing muscle for protein, and of course theres not yet any glucose in your system because you just woke -- you will just burn straight fat.

alcohol is the worst thing on a diet because you will only burn 8% the fat you normally would while its in your system. unfortunately i like wine. XD

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't cheated at all... it's really been over a month since I've had anything containing bread or more than 1g of sugar. :p It's actually not as hard as it sounds.
Good for you, I don't think I could do either of those :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
deadlift - 5x5
floor press - 2x10
overhead press - 2x10
curl 3x10
abs with added weights 3x50

climbed around on some large rocks before that

i need more weight plates so i can do less reps

diet -- too much wine last night, but mostly ok other than that. ; D
low on carbs, high on protein.. lots of delicious coffee
plenty o veggies.
I hear you on the coffee thing, I will chug a cup of black coffee before a work out for energy. I too love vegetables so I get a lot of those. I will have to give your routine a try.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ok, you've peaked my curiosity...
If you can get ahold of the book (called "the body ecology diet"), it's very insightful. It teachs you how your internal body works to take care of your needs, and then teachs you to take care of it in return. It's like plants, if they don't have healthy roots then no matter how much crap we give them to help them, they can't reap the full benefits. If we don't take care of our roots, then they can't take care of us. You are what you eat. Anyway, the book teachs you how to heal your digestive track so that it can get rid of all the crap that gets stored in your body, like say...uneeded body fat? I'm only 50% on the diet so far (I'm taking baby steps) and in the first two weeks, I dropped 10 pounds. My whole body is also feeling alot better and my pms symptoms cut in half. Gonna keep going and see where it takes me...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you can get ahold of the book (called "the body ecology diet"), it's very insightful. It teachs you how your internal body works to take care of your needs, and then teachs you to take care of it in return. It's like plants, if they don't have healthy roots then no matter how much crap we give them to help them, they can't reap the full benefits. If we don't take care of our roots, then they can't take care of us. You are what you eat. Anyway, the book teachs you how to heal your digestive track so that it can get rid of all the crap that gets stored in your body, like say...uneeded body fat? I'm only 50% on the diet so far (I'm taking baby steps) and in the first two weeks, I dropped 10 pounds. My whole body is also feeling alot better and my pms symptoms cut in half. Gonna keep going and see where it takes me...
This sounds interesting, I will have to take a look at that. I do believe that there is something to all of that.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Intense cardio helps you burn calories throughout the day. But it has to be INTENSE.
high intensity -interval- training is even better. its the way to burn the last little bit of fat people have a hard time burning.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts