Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to draw a short series of humorous illustrations of a few MBTI types when their inferior functions fail, but then I realized, I want to do ALL of them. Problem is, I don't know enough about all the types to make up scenarios for each one. So who wants to help me out? Tell me your type (very important, I need this and can't always readily find them) and tell me some funny things that happen when YOUR inferior function fails!

As an ENFP, my inferior Si fails often involve bumping/ slamming/ tripping over things I didn't notice were nearby, not finding something I'm looking for when it's right under my nose, forgetting I need to eat/ drink water/ pee because I'm too caught up in something else. As an example, I have a pair of jeans that lace up the sides, and most times when I walk out of my office, I tend to walk too close to the side of the doorway, so the lace at the top of the right side of my jeans will snag on the doorjamb as I walk past and yank me backwards! I have another pair of jeans where the belt loop on the right side is starting to rip and fray for the same reason.

What are your funny stories of inferior failure?

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629
1,043 Posts
I can come up with some? (INFP, but I had to exaggerate the circumstantial fails)

"Wanted to commit suicide. Too lazy to go to the store to buy the rope"
"Pumped up about climate change, spends the day watching documentaries"
"Is told to do the laundry, ends up sleeping in it"

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, sleeping in laundry. XD

Reactions: Llyralen

·
Registered
ENFP
16 Posts
I've been wanting to draw a short series of humorous illustrations of a few MBTI types when their inferior functions fail, but then I realized, I want to do ALL of them. Problem is, I don't know enough about all the types to make up scenarios for each one. So who wants to help me out? Tell me your type (very important, I need this and can't always readily find them) and tell me some funny things that happen when YOUR inferior function fails!

As an ENFP, my inferior Si fails often involve bumping/ slamming/ tripping over things I didn't notice were nearby, not finding something I'm looking for when it's right under my nose, forgetting I need to eat/ drink water/ pee because I'm too caught up in something else. As an example, I have a pair of jeans that lace up the sides, and most times when I walk out of my office, I tend to walk too close to the side of the doorway, so the lace at the top of the right side of my jeans will snag on the doorjamb as I walk past and yank me backwards! I have another pair of jeans where the belt loop on the right side is starting to rip and fray for the same reason.

What are your funny stories of inferior failure?
😂
Same thing happens to me with door handles!
I'm usually just clumsy in general. So if I'm out with friends, I'm caught up in the conversation and I move my arms a lot, so it often happens that I knock glasses over, frequently 😆. People assume I do that because I'm drunk. But no!
So now, whenever I go out and there's new people around who don't know me yet, I always warn them before hand lol.

·
Registered
15,336 Posts
I have a few funny ones

Posted about this not too long ago , but I somehow manage to lose my driver license - however I had no idea that I lost it until I received a phone call from the police department telling me to pick up something that belonged to me. I couldn’t find my driver license so I found a copy of my passport instead and asked my friend to give me a ride to pick up that something that belonged to me - when I got to the station the police officer said “ Hi Ai.” And gave me back my driver license! Turned out somebody attempted to use my driver license to buy over $1,000 worth of products at Sears( a department store at the mall). The police asked if I wanted to press charges and I said no.

* I met my partner of over 15 years through losing my phone . I left my phone at Hollister( department store for young adults) . My mom called looking for me - he answered the phone , his voice sounded young so she assumed that he was one of my friends and gave him our house number . He called my house number and said in a joking manner “ how the hell did you lose your phone ?” I showed him the directions to my house ( this was way before gps existed and map quest wasn’t as popular yet ) . I’m glad I lost my phone that day - probably the best mistake I’ve ever made in my entire life .

Walked out of my house - into my car only to realize that I left my car keys in my house , but lazy me decided to lock the door and shut it . Fortunately for me the window to my room was unlocked , I climbed through my room window to get my keys . It was 5 am in the morning during winter time - so I was wearing 5/6 layers of clothing and a large black jacket, a neighbor called the police to inform them that a man in black broke into my home .

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
This is from this morning...and I have to say I adore that I’m with someone who MOSTLY thinks my Inferior SI is as funny as I do. I’m an ENFP, he is an INFP.

Me: “Honey, can you call my phone? I can’t find my phone.”
Him “‘I can’t find my phone’ needs to be sewn on a pillow, but you were just texting on it! It’s up here!”
Me: “I know. I know I was.”. Phone rings on the piano in the next room. “Oh yeah...I was using it as sheet music to play a song.” Btw that’s super inferior Si in my opinion... putting up with small type and poor working conditions in the short term just to be able to try something I want to try right at that moment. A few seconds later stepping into the shower...

Me: “Want to hear something really funny I did yesterday?” (I want to add for extra flavor that we shower together every morning before work. It saves time and we think it’s good talk-time. I’m adding it for flavor because I find it one more layer of funny for some reason that I was in there with him, rinsing him off, telling this story.)

Him: “What did you do?”

Me:”So for this whole week I thought there was a bag of chocolate chips sitting on the table.”

Him: “Has my wife eaten dog food?”

Me: I burst out giggling...hard to talk... “So I was arguing with our daughter (INTP) that our son (ESFJ) never puts enough chocolate chips into the cookies”. Okay... here I’m laughing almost doubled-over. “So I scraped up the last bit of cookie dough out of the bowl and stuck it into the bag so I could show my daughter how many chocolate chips I thought should be in a cookie. I put it into my mouth... Immediately I thought ‘I didn’t see any nuts in the bag’. because there was something crunchy and I took it out of my mouth and realized...”

Him: “I’m surprised you didn’t taste it.”

Me: “Yeah that was weird. It was like I just tasted the dough. I didn’t really chew anything, just felt the hard piece, I guess. Anyway our daughter didn’t think it was funny.”

Him: “What?”

Me: “Well she was in a bad mood because the dog chewed on her stuffed animal, but no...she got mad at me and said ‘Mom, why would there be chocolate chips in a zip-lock bag?”
But I said that might be what you do when you have extra chocolate chips. I thought I was good for not trying to eat them before this. I told her I live in a world where chocolate chips can live in a zip-lock bag.”

Him: “I think chocolate chips in a bag is reasonable. That’s not the part that I’m struggling with. ”

Me: “Yeah me too. Chocolate chips in a bag is reasonable. Yeah. I know...it’s really funny... I think it’s even funnier that our daughter didn’t think it was funny.”

Him: “It is really funny.”

Me: “You should have seen the dog food on that dough. It looked good.”

Him: “That’s the part I’m struggling with. Didn’t you see that it was dog food?”

Me: “No because I live in perpetual INFP darkness”

Him: “You don’t live in.... perpetual INFP darkness.. Well I guess you do live in perpetual INFP darkness. We do. Anyway, that’s funny.”

Me: “Yes we do. I’m the only one who likes the shades up and all the lights on around here... Yep, It’s funny, right?“

Enjoy...the...struggle...

·
Read Only
INTP Tritype 512
435 Posts
INTP here. My most embarrassing story ever that ends up being hilarious for everyone else:

My family and I traveled across state to visit with my cousin in the hospital after he had a motorcycle accident. I'm like 19, 20 years old. As we pile in the elevator to go up to his floor, a couple of paramedics wheel in a guy on a gurney who is clearly out of it and beat up. Don't know if he had an accident himself or what, but of course I'm the one standing closest to them. My ENFJ mother is next to me. I feel all this empathy for the guy and no idea what to say, and there's this clear tension in the atmosphere that is just building up.

So I finally blurt out to the medics, "I hope you get him patched up," and immediately regret it. My mom tries to dive in to my rescue conversationally, but thankfully the emergency people don't acknowledge us. They don't even blink. The door opens shortly after and we all part ways, and I'm just glad we never see each other again.

Every so often someone liked to bring up that event for the longest time, tho. 🥵

·
Registered
INFP 9w1 [964]
369 Posts
INFP -

When I feel angry I resort to delegating tasks to people in my mind and setting expectations - that person should not have cut in front of me, there are clearly written rules of the road, next time THEY NEED TO READ THEM

I sometimes get bursts of needing to organize something and I can't rest until it's perfect. Then I feel exhausted and won't be as thoroughly neat again for a while.

Reactions: Llyralen

·
Registered
7,589 Posts
isfp

I witnessed an isfp who got all excited about running a lunch room business - sadly they just couldn't be te enough and they go over run and snowed under. I felt so sorry for them :/

·
Registered
31 Posts
ENFP

Really clumsy... Looks like we all have this one in common!.

Also, my Thinking is just... Just no. I don't know how many time's I've spoken out only to embarrass myself and everyone around me and right after facepalming with all my soul on it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think that my inferior function (probably Fi) has resulted in me failing to identify my MBTI type because Fi is so low. Fi is all about introspection.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts