Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Show everyone what you've made or what you want to make. Read this thread if you're looking for cool ideas. Include as much detail as possible. Processes, tools used and tips are appreciated. Photos and videos are a plus.

Post inspired by a recent conversation on ISTP Random Musings Thread.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a lot of hobbies... mostly arts & crafts type of hobbies: sewing, machine embroidery, hand embroidery, bookbinding, various paper crafts, knitting (especially socks), and I'm a freelance artist- so painting, drawing, illustration, etc.

As for pictures... hmm. Well, I shared a couple finished artwork in the "share your art" thread in the Art Museum subforum here.

I guess I could just share the public photo albums from my Facebook:
Art, paper crafts, and bookbinding: Click here
Sewing and embroidery: Click here
Knitting: Click here

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a lot of hobbies... mostly arts & crafts type of hobbies: sewing, machine embroidery, hand embroidery, bookbinding, various paper crafts, knitting (especially socks), and I'm a freelance artist- so painting, drawing, illustration, etc.

As for pictures... hmm. Well, I shared a couple finished artwork in the "share your art" thread in the Art Museum subforum here.

I guess I could just share the public photo albums from my Facebook:
Art, paper crafts, and bookbinding: Click here
Sewing and embroidery: Click here
Knitting: Click here
The green knee high socks are my favourite. Do you knit the heel of the sock by continuing to knit along those 2 needles and stopping at the front? If so that's cool, steering the shape and using your own foot as a form is neat.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
My entertainment-wall. Not finished.
DSC_0470.jpg
Built custom water-cooling for the computer, painted the walls white and green, everything is physically linked, painted desk-edge black, cable-management is very neat but not done.

I have a rough idea what's missing. The overall look won't change that much when it's completely finished.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The green knee high socks are my favourite. Do you knit the heel of the sock by continuing to knit along those 2 needles and stopping at the front? If so that's cool, steering the shape and using your own foot as a form is neat.
Socks are split up into 5 sections: Cuff, Leg, Heel & Gusset, Foot, and Toe. The heel is done (by using half the stitches- the other half sit stagnant on another needle) by knitting a heel flap, turning the heel, then connecting the sides of the heel flap to the rest of the stitches. That probably sounded really confusing. Let me see if I can find some diagrams...

The-Anatomy-of-Sock-Knitting.jpg
heel-flap-420x300.jpg

Here's a video (there's 3 of them). The lady is super boring though... it's the first video I googled, lol... I'm sure there are better ones out there:

·
Rustle Thy Jimmies
2,424 Posts
Fuuuuuuuccccckkkkkkkk

The only recent thing I've made was a kickass Harry Potter wand thingy I made for the ex. Annnnnd, I ain't got no pics anymore.

But, what I did was saw off a small branch from the cherry tree in my backyard, stripped the bark and used my oven as a kiln to make sure it was 100% dried out. From there I whittled it down into a pretty kickass wand. I sanded it down super smooth, stained and sealed it. I put a tiny magnet on the tip.

There was also a bunch of tiny bottles, that I glued magnets to the bottom on. And then! I took some colorful tiny strips of paper and drew a bunch of stick figure representations of happy memories and put them into the bottles.

Bam! Memory recall pensive!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fuuuuuuuccccckkkkkkkk

The only recent thing I've made was a kickass Harry Potter wand thingy I made for the ex. Annnnnd, I ain't got no pics anymore.

But, what I did was saw off a small branch from the cherry tree in my backyard, stripped the bark and used my oven as a kiln to make sure it was 100% dried out. From there I whittled it down into a pretty kickass wand. I sanded it down super smooth, stained and sealed it. I put a tiny magnet on the tip.

There was also a bunch of tiny bottles, that I glued magnets to the bottom on. And then! I took some colorful tiny strips of paper and drew a bunch of stick figure representations of happy memories and put them into the bottles.

Bam! Memory recall pensive!
Sounds like a pretty cool project. I once purchased a bottle full of pill capsules with smiley faces on them that contained tiny blank scrolls. I put happy memories and drew pictures for each of the scrolls inside the happy pills, and gave it to my love. Some of the drawings were dicks, of course.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
What are the specs?
wtf Nubb, you're a pro craftsman! Your *things* look gorgeous.

i7 5820k, 4GHz
2xAMD Fury X, 1110MHz (570Mhz on the HBM), activity-LEDs set to blue (the theme: LED-blue)
2x8GB Corsair Blue-LED DDR4 memory (must re-do a tube to fill the remaining slots)
240GB M.2-SSD (1400MBs read)
620GB SATA-SSD
850W modular PSU
mATX-mobo, EVGA micro2

Cooling:
700ml fluid
hard copper tubing
2x240mm radiators
24 VDC D5 Laying pump
Home made reservoir bracket :p
6x120mm fans, 4 have blue LED
1x140mm fan
6 additional blue LEDs (5 is working) to light up the GPU-blocks and reservoir

mATX-case. A white Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV (outer panels: 3mm aluminium, 1mm quality paint-job, very solid case!). Which I have modified. Thrown out all brackets and inside covers. Drilled additional vents on the top. Added filtered intake on the back for the 140mm fan.

The theme is blue LED gently making the system flash thru the really dark window. Blue LED-fans is peeking thru the intake and exhaust openings. Rather than having framed in lights I decided to let the system show itself from the inside. Black, blue, chrome. The red is a CPU-temp monitor, it is useful to see it. Have a piece of plexiglass on the PSU giving an ounce more visual depth.

Might aswell keep rubbing! This was my first ever try at making my own water-cooled PC. If something were to fail anywhere I've wasted almost €3k on junk. :frustrating:
(nothing has failed so far)

I don't know shit about this except that it's beautiful.
Damn! Thank you! You're the first to have said that. <3

1 - 20 of 93 Posts