Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been stalking on Personality Cafe for quite sometime before finally caving in and making an account, mainly because my question has been begged so much all over these forums, which is all types having a problem with being stereotyped (unshockingly) as their personality, especially so when they talk on forums that reflect on them negatively and often times say, "B-b-b-but you can't base us ALL of your TOXIC experience with (Insert personality here), we aren't all like that and are unique in our own way," which is true to an extent but not in the way people try to make it out to be. Of course I understand personality tests are all fun and games until people start making assumptions of who you are based off of it but the thing is MBTI rings a lot of truth when it comes to who you are as a person and whether anyone likes it or not our personalities all carry what I like to call a Quality that makes that personality them, I've seen people often deny that quality if it's negative in anyway and say that's only in toxic said personality. I can't give an example because I've yet to figure out that certain quality each personality carries but I just recently noticed it with INTP I've met many of them and they all have this quality about them that I personally am not fond of (that being said keep in mind I've come to find out its much easier to spot the negative sides of said quality before the positive) that's not to say they're horrible people by any means but they all reminded me of past INTPs I've met, each being vastly different even though they shared the same type but still have that tiny quality that links them all together. Often times I've seen people deny that quality and blame it on the toxic side of the personality as I said before, but I personally don't think any quality of any personality is inherently toxic (which some people haven't seemed to grasp) it only is when it's allowed to be imo, so my real question comes to play here, has anyone else noticed that quality in certain types? That one person who reminds you of someone else until you realize (in some shape or form) they share the same personality. Thoughts?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts