Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 1284 Posts

·
Registered
INTJ, ILI, 9w1 sp/sx
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The purpose of this thread is to engage in conversation with members of this quadra, to ask questions and (hopefully) receive answers from alphas, and otherwise develop a better understanding of this quadra group through direct interaction and/or observation. This thread is for general discussion about whatever is on your mind, but is particularly focused on discussion between those who belong to the alpha quadra.

Good information (in my opinion) on the alpha quadra can be found here: Alpha Quadra - Wikisocion

If you are not an alpha you are still welcome to post in this thread, but posts from those identifying themselves as belonging to the alpha quadra are highly encouraged so that others can benefit from examining the way in which alphas tend to express themselves. Feel free to use this thread to discuss the alpha quadra itself as well, and maybe an alpha or two will be interested in giving some first-hand feedback on their own perspectives.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Huzzah a dual! A genuine SEI on a personality forum! This has made my day :D When did you find out your type? Did you do a 'Type Me' thread on here?
I did! But I think the main thing that brought me to this typing was talking to people in the rest of the forum. It was probably around Easter time when I made my thread and although some have suggested other types I think SEI fits best. I think I knew I was Alpha as soon as I read the Quadra descriptions though!

How about you?

·
Banned
55 Posts
I did! But I think the main thing that brought me to this typing was talking to people in the rest of the forum. It was probably around Easter time when I made my thread and although some have suggested other types I think SEI fits best. I think I knew I was Alpha as soon as I read the Quadra descriptions though!How about you?
I had a good look at your thread. I'm still trying to to calm myself down and your thread isn't helping. The SEI signs are very clear and I've never seen them before on this forum.I'm also chuckling at what the others were suggesting. I'm not surprised though, I don't think many people would have known how to deal with the elusive SEI when she finally showed up.Ah, well like a good, little ILE I became too fascinated with the theory to wait for someone else to type me. I devoured the theory on Wikisocion and other sources and from that came to an understanding of what type I was :)

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Now I can

Reactions: Galaxies

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I'm SEI. A really lazy, indecisive one.

Sometimes I get EII and even IEI. But almost every time I take the Sociotype.com extended, I get SEI. It's become a crazy habit. Can someone please stalk me and make sure I'm SEI?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

Sometimes I get EII and even IEI. But almost every time I take the Sociotype.com extended, I get SEI. It's become a crazy habit. Can someone please stalk me and make sure I'm SEI?
Most tests suck. Learning about the IM elements, Model A, and quadras should help.

Reactions: ThatOneWeirdGuy

·
Registered
INTJ, ILI, 9w1 sp/sx
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would just go with the basic four dichotomies.

·
Registered
636 Posts

You can try making a thread in the What's My Type? forum if you haven't already. Since you're INFP MBTI, one theory is that you should just switch J/P so you'd be INFj (IEI) here. Not everyone holds to that theory but it's a starting place. If you want to learn a lot about the theory then check out the sticky threads. It'd be nice to have another SEI around so if you are hopefully I'll see you round!

·
Registered
INTJ, ILI, 9w1 sp/sx
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IMO, the best way to go about it is to just take the following test:

Type indicator

And then whatever MBTI type you get from that, just go straight over to the exact same Socionics type, don't flip the J/P either. Ignore the functions, they don't really matter. It's a level of detail that isn't necessary. It's like taking your car to the mechanic and explaining what's wrong by describing hydrocarbons and thermodynamics instead of just saying "I think the spark plugs are out." The dichotomies are all you need. They are the macro-scale, functions are the micro-scale and aren't that important. When you build a house, you don't need to know the particle physics that describes the molecular structure of the wood. You just bang on nails and get it done.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I got INFP, but I was very close to the Thinking/Feeling border. If I type myself as an INXP, will I be accepted into both the Alpha quadra and Delta quadra?
INFp and INTp would be Beta and Gamma... (he said "don't even flip the P/J")

Reactions: Abraxas

·
Registered
587 Posts
IMO, the best way to go about it is to just take the following test:

Type indicator

And then whatever MBTI type you get from that, just go straight over to the exact same Socionics type, don't flip the J/P either. Ignore the functions, they don't really matter. It's a level of detail that isn't necessary. It's like taking your car to the mechanic and explaining what's wrong by describing hydrocarbons and thermodynamics instead of just saying "I think the spark plugs are out." The dichotomies are all you need. They are the macro-scale, functions are the micro-scale and aren't that important. When you build a house, you don't need to know the particle physics that describes the molecular structure of the wood. You just bang on nails and get it done.

NO.

·
Registered
INTJ, ILI, 9w1 sp/sx
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You're breeding evil...never mind, whatever, have at them.

Be warned, someone will bite back.
I can't take anyone seriously who takes cognitive functions seriously, I'm sorry. Whenever I read a post by someone that starts out "Well you're Fi is in X relationship with Ne, and that means..."

I pretty much just stop reading.

Dichotomies on the other hand, are well-established in psychology. The MBTI/Socionics four core dichotomies more or less draw from four of the Big 5, which have decades of statistical evidence to support them.

Pretty much nobody takes cognitive functions seriously except Jung enthusiasts.

The irony is that not even Jung took his own cognitive functions very seriously.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I can't take anyone seriously who takes cognitive functions seriously, I'm sorry.
I don't take you seriously if you disregard them (CFs or IM elements). I very much doubt I'll be the only one.

1 - 20 of 1284 Posts