Personality Cafe banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
4,741 Posts
Or orange scent? I had a... catalogue? don't remember, with a summery picture, where you could scratch and it smelt like orange peel. What does under arms smell like anyway? I can't smell anything on mine right now, but when I think about it they tend to smell nice after a day in the sun, a bit like sand, salt, toast and potato peel mixed.

·
4,741 Posts
reiterating this conversation, I start to wonder if I got it wrong, and underarms is another word for armpits? and not the arm under the elbow like I thought... hmhmhm

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
@StinkyBambi (an expert on armpit-sniffing) can correct me if I'm wrong, but the pit of the elbow is the "elbow pit" and the pit of the shoulder is the "underarm" or "armpit".

·
4,741 Posts
xactly! that is part of my life philosphy, growing variety, expansion, more perspectives, being what life and existence is about, combined with love and beauty. (but I still wonder what the arm under the elbow is called in english then? I directly translated "underarm" to under arm, and "överarm" to over arm, but that might not be the english terminology? I guess I could google, but the answer here might be more entertaining)

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
xactly! that is part of my life philosphy, growing variety, expansion, more perspectives, being what life and existence is about, combined with love and beauty. (but I still wonder what the arm under the elbow is called in english then? I directly translated "underarm" to under arm, and "överarm" to over arm, but that might not be the english terminology? I guess I could google, but the answer here might be more entertaining)
Your elbow pit is properly known in English as your antecubital fossa.

·
4,741 Posts
zooming in on the elbow pit again :) But the answer I seeked was also in the linked text, simply forearm, which sounds a bit familiar now that I read it, but I have probably been going around calling it underarm. It was interesting though, how all the muscles connect and now I know the latin word for small ditch!

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
zooming in on the elbow pit again :) But the answer I seeked was also in the linked text, simply forearm, which sounds a bit familiar now that I read it, but I have probably been going around calling it underarm. It was interesting though, how all the muscles connect and now I know the latin word for small ditch!
A fancier name for the forearm is antebrachium, ooh.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts