Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need to change that to unknown. my last score was ISTP. but I've had several different letters.you?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I always get INTP or ISTP.

What other types do you get?
Did you read on the thread I posted about typing me? Click on the links one of the people posted. The functions link helped me particularity. Figure out which ones you use and that will narrow it down.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
really? my F and T flip the most but I've had my S and N flip also, and my J and P flip sometimes.
I always get an I.

When I took the tests a couple years ago, I always got INFJ. But not lately.
I'll check out your thread!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yep, sound about like daman so far... :) I'm reading this thread too from now on, so if you want to post any specific questions here to me, feel free to do so.

Reactions: drodri01

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Start by looking in the Articles section of the forum. Also look at the Cognitive Functions area. That should be good for getting you started; once you've looked through there and gotten some ideas, you may be better equipped to seek focused typing help.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Start by looking in the Articles section of the forum. Also look at the Cognitive Functions area. That should be good for getting you started; once you've looked through there and gotten some ideas, you may be better equipped to seek focused typing help.
Thanks! I'll be back ! :happy:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Like Penchant said, one test is not validity enough to appropriately identify my personality type. It doesn't sound exactly like me. sigh :unsure:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You could try answering these questions, to give us some general idea of what kind of person you are like...

1. When working on a project where do you place your emphasis? the process of putting it together? or the final product? (Do you experiment with your perspectives to create ideas? )

2. Are you a realist? Are you more of a no nonsense type of person? (I find these people like to call bullshit on everything)

3. Would you say you make decisions quickly? or do you take a while coming to a conclusion, because you hope you're not missing some vital information that will change your mind?

4. Do you ever experience nostalgia? For instance being able to completely remember a mood of a past experience/time?

5. Are you of the rebellious sort? The sort who rebels for no reason other than to rebel against authority?

6. When watching a film and critiquing it? Do you critique it based on details in the film, for instance on how you thought a certain portion of it was un-realistic (or something along those lines) or based on the idea or point they were trying to get across/how well they got it across? (It can be a combination of both sometimes too) (an example would be for example, critiquing Passion of the Christ, do you think the movies retarded because no one can live as long as he did with that much blood loss, or because of the fundamental errors the movie makes when trying to make its point, and the way it tries to connect the audience to that point?)

7. When debating with others, do you ever get the feeling or state for that matter, that you can see where your opponent is coming from? For instance I have gotten into arguments over things I honestly don't believe (or could care less if it were true), but it all started when someone would tell me about a certain topic and how this certain stance is stupid.Then I would say well, I can see why they'd think that or how it could be possible, then they'd start arguing with me as if I had a stake in it.... Do you feel you do anything like that?

8. Do you notice symbols in the world, do you ever try and wrap the symbol back to an idea that you believe?

9. Are you hurt by criticisms? Do you get personally offended when people try and criticize you? or are you thick skinned?

9b. What kind of criticism hurts you the most?

10. Say for example your learning about cameras in school, would you be more inclined to go home right away and read a whole shit load on cameras so you feel confident in your knowledge of cameras? or would you feel perfectly comfortable when the teacher calls on people to come try it out, to just hop up there and start using it?

11. When you are out do you worry about how people will interpret any action you take? (sort of in a seinfeld sort of way, where they over analyze actions people make, trying to find their true motivation) Do you feel a sort of pressure from this?

12. In a classroom setting do you ever find yourself helping other people out with projects or homework when you see their struggling? Do you do this to make yourself feel more comfortable?

13. Do you find yourself ranting to your friends about how a certain something could have been done way easier? Or how someone went about doing something (anything like a project,work,etc.) was really stupid and you could have done it way better and in a more simple fashion?

14. how does your average day go in general,

15. what things do you value the most,

16. what things regularly bug you,

17. what do you value most in other people and what qualities do you find most repulsive in others,

18. how do you evaluate people in general,

19. how do you arrive at your decisions,

20. what factors are you most likely to pay attention to when deciding on things.

21. Any peculiarities that you have noticed about your personality?

22. Anything that makes you stand out from other people that you know?

23. What do you yourself think are your strengths and weaknesses?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You could try answering these questions, to give us some general idea of what kind of person you are like...

1. When working on a project where do you place your emphasis? the process of putting it together? or the final product? (Do you experiment with your perspectives to create ideas? )

2. Are you a realist? Are you more of a no nonsense type of person? (I find these people like to call bullshit on everything) ??????

3. Would you say you make decisions quickly? or do you take a while coming to a conclusion, because you hope you're not missing some vital information that will change your mind?

4. Do you ever experience nostalgia? For instance being able to completely remember a mood of a past experience/time? sometimes, more yes than no

5. Are you of the rebellious sort? The sort who rebels for no reason other than to rebel against authority? NO not at all, I always try to follow the rules but somedays feel like rebelling, but don't

6. When watching a film and critiquing it? Do you critique it based on details in the film, for instance on how you thought a certain portion of it was un-realistic (or something along those lines) or based on the idea or point they were trying to get across/how well they got it across? (It can be a combination of both sometimes too) (an example would be for example, critiquing Passion of the Christ, do you think the movies retarded because no one can live as long as he did with that much blood loss, or because of the fundamental errors the movie makes when trying to make its point, and the way it tries to connect the audience to that point?)

7. When debating with others, do you ever get the feeling or state for that matter, that you can see where your opponent is coming from? For instance I have gotten into arguments over things I honestly don't believe (or could care less if it were true), but it all started when someone would tell me about a certain topic and how this certain stance is stupid.Then I would say well, I can see why they'd think that or how it could be possible, then they'd start arguing with me as if I had a stake in it.... Do you feel you do anything like that? Yes exactly

8. Do you notice symbols in the world, do you ever try and wrap the symbol back to an idea that you believe? I notice symbols but dont attempt to "wrap" or associate it with an idea that I believe all the time, but I think I'm capable.

9. Are you hurt by criticisms? Do you get personally offended when people try and criticize you? or are you thick skinned? I use to be very vulnerable like, but now it only hurts more if it's someone I love criticizeing me.

9b. What kind of criticism hurts you the most?

10. Say for example your learning about cameras in school, would you be more inclined to go home right away and read a whole shit load on cameras so you feel confident in your knowledge of cameras? or would you feel perfectly comfortable when the teacher calls on people to come try it out, to just hop up there and start using it? ugh no to the last part; I always try to research on stuff allll the time. yep

11. When you are out do you worry about how people will interpret any action you take? (sort of in a seinfeld sort of way, where they over analyze actions people make, trying to find their true motivation) Do you feel a sort of pressure from this? OH YES !!! YES!

12. In a classroom setting do you ever find yourself helping other people out with projects or homework when you see their struggling? Do you do this to make yourself feel more comfortable? I use to always try to put myself out there to help others, I can remember doing this in elementary. BUT not any more, I've been BURNED too much and I choose to let them figure it out on their own like I have too all the time.

13. Do you find yourself ranting to your friends about how a certain something could have been done way easier? Or how someone went about doing something (anything like a project,work,etc.) was really stupid and you could have done it way better and in a more simple fashion? Nope. I don't rant too people like some of my friends at lunch at work.

14. how does your average day go in general,

15. what things do you value the most, God, family, succeeding at my work and getting it right, succeeding at not letting people affect how I feel.

16. what things regularly bug you, sons of douche bags that treat me like a lepper at work. I use to think I was one of the nicest people in the world, but a few people at my current job made me realize real quick that the nicer I am the more I get walked all over... So now I don't try to help those that don't help me, only the ones that WANT my help and don't mind me helping them, but I rarely help anyone anymore.

17. what do you value most in other people I value intelligence for sure but I also value tact and an honorable person and someone who is supportive and what qualities do you find most repulsive in others, repulsive is attacking me or someone I love just because you don't like the way they look or behave and I cannot stand someone who lies or shades the truth and the facts. I believe in facts DEFINITELY

18. how do you evaluate people in general, I evaluate people by face expressions and personableness

19. how do you arrive at your decisions,

20. what factors are you most likely to pay attention to when deciding on things.

21. Any peculiarities that you have noticed about your personality? I have phases.

22. Anything that makes you stand out from other people that you know? I've been told by a lot of people , they can't figure me out. I've been told all the way from "I'm the nicest person" to "I have a mean streak"

23. What do you yourself think are your strengths and weaknesses? My husband and I agree on these: strengths: Responsible. Supportive. Committed. Intelligent. Adaptable. Hardworking. Caring. Dependable. Funny weaknesses: Forgetful. Short fuse. Indecisive.
Answers in bold.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
You do sound rather ESFJ-ish. Definitely Fe somewhere in your top two functions, and you seem like an Extrovert (very certain) as well as a Sensor (pretty certain), so....I'd say ESFJ is entirely plausible.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You do sound rather ESFJ-ish. Definitely Fe somewhere in your top two functions, and you seem like an Extrovert (very certain) as well as a Sensor (pretty certain), so....I'd say ESFJ is entirely plausible.
Agokcen,

I read some on the Ne and FI and Fe and ....ect.. but haven't had time to wrap my head in it. Would you be able to tell me what they mean or "link" me :wink:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
21. Any peculiarities that you have noticed about your personality? oh yeah , see #22

22. Anything that makes you stand out from other people that you know? Guys/Gals, I totally forgot. Um I didn't want to share this all over the world but what the hey... I do character voices for my Boston terriers. (in other words, I pretend like my pup has a voice and a say so in matters) Butttt I have to be happy and in a good mood and I only do it around my husband and nephews. I use to do it when I was younger around my youngest brother.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Day 2-10/18/10-Taken after work. In a good mood. In a focused mood.

Well man, I didn't know I couldn't keep the last one. Before I had ESFJ (THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF TODAY's TEST) RIDDLE ME THAT my friends... Okay, hold on tight, I have some more tests and reading to delve into....

1 - 20 of 49 Posts